OG's Nine Strains Under LEDs In Hydro

As of ten minutes ago They are now getting just water and bloom nutrients at 3/4
Strength. Going to add in low cal mag again soon. Want to go back to basics. Never had these problems when I used
One bottle of bloom and one bottle of veg...

Friend of mine just gave me a single seed of Crop King
CBDutch Treat Feminized.
Been wanting to try a cbd strain.
Here we go!
image18278.jpeg

They are not dwc, it's got pumps feeding.
I looked at the roots just couldn't hold them up and take pic at same time. They are not as bright white as I would like but not slimy or rotting. Reservoir temp are refrigerated at 17c (63 Freedom units) with two large air stones in each as well. If the roots are unhappy it is from too much chemicals...

I am assuming lockout too. Currently stopped the florakleen use (was using recommended amounts for flushing but doing it every few days) and have stopped the hygrozyme (was using it at max recommended dose as it was supposed to fix this but it got worse).
Also considered calmag lockout so dropped that from recommended started at 3ml/gallon then upped to 5ml/gallon. Recommendation is 3-5. Now giving it about 1ml/gallon of calmag and none of the other two. Doing flushes every 4 days with plain RO water. As of last flush yesterday after flush only added 3/4 strength bloom (Botonicare one step I have used for years) and calmag at low dose of 1ml/gallon.
Going to stay at that schedule for a week and see what happens.
Don't know why this problem is happening though and appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Previous suggestions tried:
calmag - didn't used to use it, ever since I did plants have been worse so not sure if it helps. Tried low dose and high dose no improvement.

Hygrozyme - didn't used to use it. Seemed to kill previous root rot, then seemed to make things worse using continually at max recommended amounts.

Florakleen - was seeing white building of salts on media. Tried florakleen. Saw no difference. Tried it more often every 4 days and plants seemed to get worse.

So if you go back to my first journal here when I was using simply bloom nutrient from botanicare and ph down and nothing else I had huge yield and no problems, same as always for years. But then i was told I needed calmag with my LED light so I added it at 3ml/gallon (recommended 3-5 on bottle) and things started going to shit. Every other thing was a response to this problem that didn't work.

Another thing to mention. I used to use botanicare bloom and ph down and nothing else in bloom.
Now ph drops every day. Has been for months.
Tap water is ph 7.1 and I went for years never needing ph up.
Now RO water is ph 8.0 but when I add normal level of bloom nutrients ph drops to 4.1 so I have to add ph UP every time I water to get new water to 5.8. Then by next day 5.8 is down to 5.3 and I have to add more ph up. That seems weird too.

Just checked them and wow they are taking up a lot of water now. Just took in about 10L (almost three gallons) overnight just in the bloom cabinet. Before was more 7-8 per day so I am taking that as a good sign.

I am going to slowly increase bloom back to recommended botanicare level and calmag back to recommended level and avoid the weirder stuff now.
Was going to skip the calmag for a bit too but botanicare bloom Bottle says add 5ml per gallon calmag if using RO water which I am using.

Back to the basics sounds good. How accurate is ur ph pen. U know my situation with my pens and can only wonder what it would do to my grow to have a miscalibrated ph pen. M a noob shooting from the hip as always but glad to hear things r moving n the right direction.

Just started the flush yesterday. Plants look poor, yield is probably only a third of what it should be but still enough to get me through until next time. Harvesting on Sunday.

Hopefully I can get the next batch sorted out

Hey OG!! Good to hear from ya sorry bout the crop. Hope u had a good holiday. Finally pulled the trigger on a 450 watt G8 grow led. Still have to get a red booster UFO but not needed till flower. Hopefully u can join me when I get things rolling. Probably won't start till there is something to show but will see how Thunderpaws will do!!!

I use S.O.S. for my res protection. It's organic and helps my res stay nice and healthy root system. My roots only get dark from using earth juice hi-brix, my sugar substitute for hydro. So to me sos will always be my go to for res protection

Ok guys I'm back.
Took some time off posting while I sorted out the problem. Took a month as it takes a while to try each variable out and see what improves or not.
Turns out all of this problem is caused by calmag. Back when i joined this forum I had 14 years growing experience with almost all success and had never even bought or heard of calmag. Then during my second journal someone suggested I must use calmag. Ever since my grows were shit. Well take away the calmag and recovery is going great. Put it back even at 1/4 recommended dose and within a week plants look terrible again with slowed growth. No calmag means greener, no more root problems and fast growth again.
So, any of you with weird problems that people tell you require calmag be careful with that.
Have now stopped the calmag and things seem to be going very good.
I had even bought a second bottle of calmag before in case first bottle was defective. Still fucked my plants hard. Take it away and they recover.

Here is how they looked last night. Just switched to 12/12 today. Let's see if I can finally do a proper grow again before 2 years was ruined fucking around trying things when it was just unhappy with the calmag.

image19179.jpeg

Oh and some of it looks broken and stuff, that's just me flattening the canopy by HST.
It should be nice and flat. Hopefully can finally do over a pound per grow again like I used to before I heard of evil calmag.

Before I used to use tap water which contains calcium and magnesium, so that's maybe why it was too much. But now my veg cabinet is running brand new clay pellets, and only reverse osmosis water. But same thing, add calmag at 1/2 recommended (1.5ml/gallon) and plants get unhappy. Take it away and plants grow faster. Weird.

Well glad to have u back!! So glad u worked out the issues and ur garden looks lush, happy, and green!! I have a couple beans germinating. They r jus bag seed so I can get my environment dialed in. Cant wait to see what my G8 450 watt led can do!! Not sure yet if m gonna do a journal due to the fact I dont have high expectations till I have my grow style n environment dialed in. Glad to have u back!! Hope my beans pop soon have had them between moist paper towels for two n half days!!

Ok guys I'm back.
Took some time off posting while I sorted out the problem. Took a month as it takes a while to try each variable out and see what improves or not.
Turns out all of this problem is caused by calmag. Back when i joined this forum I had 14 years growing experience with almost all success and had never even bought or heard of calmag. Then during my second journal someone suggested I must use calmag. Ever since my grows were shit. Well take away the calmag and recovery is going great. Put it back even at 1/4 recommended dose and within a week plants look terrible again with slowed growth. No calmag means greener, no more root problems and fast growth again.
So, any of you with weird problems that people tell you require calmag be careful with that.
Have now stopped the calmag and things seem to be going very good.
I had even bought a second bottle of calmag before in case first bottle was defective. Still fucked my plants hard. Take it away and they recover.

Here is how they looked last night. Just switched to 12/12 today. Let's see if I can finally do a proper grow again before 2 years was ruined fucking around trying things when it was just unhappy with the calmag.

image19179.jpeg

Missed you... I am not on here much either anymore... Glad your back Weird about the cal/mag. Apologies.. I am sure I told you as well to add it... to me that is weird eliminating it helped...

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom