OG's Nine Strains Under LEDs In Hydro

Hey! OG I jumped on this journal kind of late, but wow round two growing with those beasts is looking good. They sure look like they will be a forest this time. It's interesting to hear about the cal mag issue. I got it and used it for a few grows myself and my plants seemed to have the same issue as you. I switched nutes and have about 3/4 of a quart of it unused cal mag. seeing what it did to your plants I think Imma throw it out right now.

Keep it real OG :thumb:

Don't throw out the calmag. I had a lockout but they are taking it again now.
Only reason I never needed it before was using tap water with calcium and magnesium. In it.
Now usingRO water so need it. Am back to 3ml/gallon now.

4 weeks of 12/12:

IMG_336816.JPG
IMG_336716.JPG
IMG_336515.JPG
IMG_336314.JPG
IMG_336217.JPG

Hey OG!! Looking like u got things on track!!! Did a update but got a question for u. I have read that plants in veg show sex between week three and six is that true? I have read thats when they become sexually mature. I have read that most growers wait for there reg plants to show sexual maturity before flip because it makes for a better transition vs a force flower. Again very envious of ur garden!! Hopefully I get to that point!!! I started LST also plants responding fantastic.. I owe everything to you hopefully I can pay it forward one day!!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Not sure about that. Some show early but many don't. Sometimes you have to switch to 12/12 to see sex.
If that is the case, no big deal just take a clone of each then go 12/12 and see which ones are male and female, it's easy.

Here they are after 5 weeks of 12/12. Still not looking great 8-(
Should be bigger buds by this point. Three had slight root rot, cut off the rot and flush and flush and new nutrients. New white roots now showing. Currently they are getting recommended levels of botanicare bloom, calmag, and grozyme in RO water. I can't understand why they are unhappy, everything should be good but it's not. My plants used to stay green until about week 8 out of 10, now hey don't and buds are smaller than they should be. Any ideas? Only thing I haven't hanged is the clay pellets. Will change then as soon as these are harvested.

IMG_338417.JPG
IMG_338318.JPG
IMG_338219.JPG
IMG_338118.JPG
IMG_337917.JPG
IMG_337816.JPG
IMG_337712.JPG
IMG_337617.JPG

Oh and the top pic is just a little light bleach. That plant with the white tips is the healthiest one of them, so ignore the light bleach on that one. What do you think is wrong with the rest?

Just ordered some botanicare hydrogaurd online. Will try that when it arrives...

Here they are after 5 weeks of 12/12. Still not looking great 8-(
Should be bigger buds by this point. Three had slight root rot, cut off the rot and flush and flush and new nutrients. New white roots now showing. Currently they are getting recommended levels of botanicare bloom, calmag, and grozyme in RO water. I can't understand why they are unhappy, everything should be good but it's not. My plants used to stay green until about week 8 out of 10, now hey don't and buds are smaller than they should be. Any ideas? Only thing I haven't hanged is the clay pellets. Will change then as soon as these are harvested.

IMG_338417.JPG
IMG_338318.JPG
IMG_338219.JPG
IMG_338118.JPG
IMG_337917.JPG
IMG_337816.JPG
IMG_337712.JPG
IMG_337617.JPG

Hey OG, thank god I'm not too hasty as I haven't thrown out anything. I figured I can do an experiment on this years outdoor contenders. :thanks:

Anyway forget about that, we got to bring a doctor in here. I am not the biggest plant expert with almost zero knowledge in hydro. What I can say is that it looks similar to what happened when I overfed my plants bloom booster in a coco grow. They absorb the nutes quick even when I gave them too much and showed leaves that curled up like that. It could be combined with the light being close enough to the plants to cause the bleaching. It's possible that the plants are tripping out because the light is too close. In the week 4 pictures you can slightly see the leaf curl and bleaching occur.

OG I hope something I said could have helped you. You are the environmental master here. If you can flush out your system and give them a 1/2 dose of nutes it may be the answer. You did that with three of your plants to take care of the root rot. How are they doing compared to the rest? I pray to the sun gods for you. :adore::adore::adore:

Hey OG! Jus wanted to give u a good bit of news. Well I guess plants do show sex in veg one of my plants are showing pistils. So far have one garunteed female. Gonna take pics when I get a chance been real busy. Got home from work n sure enough at the top of the plant was some real nice white pistils!! Thanks for everything. And I hope things get figured out in ur garden. Keep me updated!!

I think the three that had root rot were because the roots grew into the drain hoses and blocked the drains. This kept the water too high and let to overwatering. Have taken all out now and made sure there were no others like that. New roots starting to grow white again on those.

I think I have mine figured out. I'm testing the theory now. I never had this problem with tapwater, and I think it is because it has chlorine which prevents anything from forming in the reservoir or the roots. The plants don't have to battle anything either. Now I am running reverse osmosis water which is pure water and nothing else. Anything nasty that can grow loves pure clean water and hates chlorine. Switching back to tapwater for now. Will go back to reverse Osmosis water for final week of flush.

Hope that fixes the issues. Sure u will nail it down!! Transplanting this evening gonna put some pics up hope u come take a look at ur genetics. And I know I at least one female so I will be taking something all the way to the end!! Oh and plants are loving the p150. Jus running veg mode with my other light I think 330 true watts from the wall is plenty for three plants. Gonna hit the bloom switch when I bloom and add another 37-40 watts!! Jus want to give the plants the best I can. Gonna finish in three gallon soft pots!! Fingers crossed everything stays as easy as its been this far. Good luck to u bud!! Are you gonna go back to tap and use cal mag or drop the cal mag?

Ok so roots are healthier now with tap water, but had another minor setback. While I was away on the weekend, my main extraction fan from bloom cabinet wore out. Replaced it with a spare but had some high temps for 1-2 days caused a little browning. Replaced now though and going ok. Yield still low, but next batch currently in veg, hopefully will be optimized.

Anyway here they are after 6 weeks 12/12. Not looking great but at least more than enough smoke...
IMG_341316.JPG
IMG_341211.JPG
IMG_341114.JPG
IMG_341012.JPG
IMG_340917.JPG
IMG_340811.JPG
IMG_340711.JPG
IMG_340610.JPG

Back
Top Bottom