OG's Nine Strains Under LEDs In Hydro

IMG_389914.JPG

They were still slowly turning colour so I second guessed myself and decided to give them a single 3ml/gallon feed of calmag as they hadn't had any. Within 4 days they looked way worse. Stopped the calmag again. I think my tap water has lots of calcium in it already. Anyway the buds are still decent but leaves very angry. I guess it doesn't matter any more. I am switching to all doc buds hi brix organic soil after this batch so no need to figure this out anymore.

Here we are at 6 weeks of 12/12.buds are ok, but not as big as they should be and leaves brown and yellow.

IMG_395811.JPG
IMG_39597.JPG
IMG_396014.JPG
IMG_396112.JPG
IMG_396213.JPG
IMG_39637.JPG
IMG_39649.JPG

7 weeks of 12/12 done. Buds looking better but not very big, leaves getting worse. May chop a week early or so since not happy. looking forward to getting rid of these to make more room for doc buds hi brix grown plants z

IMG_396014.JPG
IMG_39637.JPG
IMG_396112.JPG
IMG_39597.JPG
IMG_395811.JPG

In my opinion i would just not take them early, just lwt them continue to swell and do their thing. Those leaves are lost any way you look at it, but can still save and pull a pretty decent harvest, just my opinion. I also like the idea of you switching to soil, or the kit, as most of the folks call DBHB kit these days. Soil has always been so much more forgiving to me and the smells and taste always seem to nudge ahead of hydro, again, only my opinion. Either way, good luck, and wish you the best.
Spark

I didn't mean I would take them now. But a little early is likely by how bad they are. When they run out of leaves to brown then they start browning the buds too. I want them flushed and harvested by then.

Going to take chocolope soon. It is the worst of them in rough shape and not producing much swell these days. Will take it and replace it with Girl Scout cookIes in "the kit" :cool:

Hey bud!! Yoyr experience is surpreme so if it says take em early then do it. I think your gonna b excited at what doc bud kit brings you. Glad you visited the journal havent seen u round lately!! I understand though life can b busy!! On week eight and not gonna harvest till week ten lime u said!! Gonna start flush at week nine. Started cutting g back on the nutes. Hey also jus wanted to make sure you know i really appriciate everything!! You are the one person in the community out if many that i appriciate the most!! I have my Thunderpaw momma selected and know the Jackalope journey is gonna begin soon!! Thanks n keep up the great work!!

OG I know you have unresolved issues with your Chocolope. I have Chocolope beans here ready to go for my next grow. Any Chocolope-specific advice?

I've noticed a leaf, shelf life myself. Hence products like "Flowers Kiss". Its nothing you've done wrong, some strains will yellow about 50 ish days regardless of plant health. Foliar feeding is supposed to combat that issue by keeping your leafs from maturity a while longer.

Plants look great.

Cheers

Now at almost 7 weeks:
IMG_39649.JPG

Vs trouble free at 7 weeks:
image17401.jpg
Ok, odd now you have me thinking. Yellow leafs are plant pulling nutes to buds (at this stage), I'm still thinking your ok though.

Cheers

I think it is a continuation of the root issues we saw before. Something is making the roots unhappy, whether a physical attack (aphids, rot) or a pH issue. Since they had problems before it can be a continuation of that problem.

Adding cal mag or other nutes may exacerbate a root issue. I will be curious to see what they (roots) look like when you finish. In my head I was comparing to your old chocolope grow right before you posted the pics.

Are those fluorescent UV bulbs? They may have something to do with the leaf yellowing if the plants roots or health is sub optimal.

They are indeed uvb tubes. They worked great with happy plants too.

I did have root rot a little again this time, ripped the rot out and added hygrozyme and saw some improvement. Anyway, don't care anymore on to doc buds high brix kit now :cool:

Oh crap, I forgot about your new UVB lights. UVB is bad for plant, good for crystalline formation. In veg, it will stunt plant growth allowing root ball to outgrow top of plant. Prolonged UVB will kill plant in high doses. Free radicals and such. I'd limit UVB exposure for future grows to see if it helps.

Cheers

I just turned them on a week ago. The plants were totally screwed long before that.
Previously when the plants were healthy all it did was massively increase frostiness and THC. Not sure if it further stresses already fucked up plants more, maybe.

I just put a Chocolope seed into a solo cup this afternoon OG. Was checking out your journals... :jawdropper: Hope I can have a fraction of your success with it!

Back
Top Bottom