Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!

~FLOWERING- LEFT SIDE~
image35046.jpg

image35047.jpg

This is, in case it's not obvious- Four plants in individual scrog screens, put together to make a screened area of canopy 38" X 48".
In the photos they are positioned like this, if you were looking from directly above them-

OLD PC. | BLUEBERRY
------------ -------------------
NEW PC | MAMA THAI

ie- The new PC was at my front left when I took the photos.

~MAMA THAI~
Ok, post #3000 I'm happy to be using it on Mama Thai ;).
She is starting to outgrow her awkward teenage stage now, at seven weeks flowering. She has a peppery, citrusy, sort of sharp yet sweet hay smell which forever to me just smells like 'pot', as I knew it when I was first discovering it. Most of my early smoking experiences were with Thai weed and I have vivid memories of the smell, and the many good experiences around it.

image35049.jpg

image35050.jpg

image35052.jpg

image35053.jpg

image35054.jpg

~PINEAPPLE CHUNK~

image35048.jpg

A dangerous plant. She tried to escape her scrog screen, then tried to commit suicide by rotting to death, had many limbs amputated, and now is in complete lockdown. What you cannot see in the picture is how her sticky heads sway to and fro in the wind of the fan, looking like they are itching to strike, and deposit their sticky female love juices on me. Disgusting!!!!

~TEST-

I took my standard weekly Veg nutrients~ blended them together with water into two nourishing test drinks, and left to sit on shelf to observe changes.

I set up this little test in light of some excellent comments on PH from Vlad and Tead, on Lexort's journal.

These two concoctions are composed of the same stuff I've been dumping on the veg room crowd for the last few weeks.
One has silica, one doesn't.

I added, per gallon, Botanicare-
CalMag+. @ (100 ppm)
Grow. @ 10ml
Liquid Karma @ 2ml
Silica Blast. @5ml
(and)
PH Plus
PH minus

The ph+ and Ph- were added in order to adjust the glop into ph 5.8 range. Also they were added in order to ensure that all the usual nute suspects were included in the mix. I ended up landing at a bit higher ppm than I normally give the veg plants, but that's ok. :thumb:

image35055.jpg

Yes everything is very dirty. Sorry! My robot maid is malfunctioning again, unfortunately.
The plan is to keep an eye on the ph and ppm of the two batches and see what they do over the next week or two.
I'm testing PH to see how it changes. This may/should tell me what PH swing is transpiring inside the containers of my vegging plants.

The other part to this is- I want to see how mixed nutes spoil over time, if they do. If there is a reaction between the different chemicals I put in there, specifically a reaction causing something or other to precipitate out of the solution, then there would be a drop in ppm I assume, so hence the ppm tests.
Maybe there's some other way that the nutes and ph+/- could react with each other to spoil that batch. I don't know what, because-well, there are lots and lots of things I don't know.
The experiment may help show me whether or not my mixed nute solution can be left to sit for a period, or not, as well as hopefully observing a suspected ph creep. The creep is suspected of having poisoned my innocent plants with high levels of base making them turn purple and lose energy.
In life though, as you know, there are times when you have to deal with a little creep. I am hoping I can make the creep work for me.
As Tead pointed out, it may be wise for me to ph my nute solution lower than I have been, to about 5.5, if as I suspect, the creep has been at work raising the ph throughout the week. I'm hoping to see the ph of the solution range upward throughout the week ( during most of which I won't be here to test it ;)). I'm hoping that this creep will turn out to be slow and gentle. I'm also curious if the silica has any influence. Maybe we will find that there is no creep.

Cool that you saved that. Thanks Tead. :thumb: My record is going to have some large missing periods. Mainly what I want to know though is where the ph swing goes over the course of a week or two. I should be able to get the general idea. And also I'm curious about the 'stale mixed nutes question. I won't be able to fully answer the question but maybe I'll notice something.
Not that I often have extra mixed nutes laying around or need to know the answer to this. But it's something I've wondered about.;)

:popcorn:

Professor Weaselcracker, nice flow to it

~VEG ROOM~

Good news in the vegging plants dept. :cheer: They are much improved and starting to grow fast again. Mama Thai is still straggling, shaking off the flu but definitely on the mend. :thumb:

~ I labelled the Malawis A, B, and C. Took a couple cuttings of each. I don't know the sex. Sunglasses in the pot for scale.

image35074.jpg

Malawis A and C, the two bigger ones, got put into screens and into the flower room. I hope at least one is male because I just don't have room for three girls.

~MALAWI~

image35071.jpg

image35072.jpg

image35073.jpg

I screened the two vegging Pineapple Chunks and put them in to flower as well. Here are some progress pics, while doing the scrogging thing.

~PINEAPPLE CHUNK~

image35075.jpg

image35076.jpg

image35078.jpg

image35077.jpg

image35079.jpg

image35081.jpg

image35080.jpg

image35083.jpg

Brewing tea in the veg room aftermath.

Happy 420 am. to me.
and to fellow creatures of the North American night!!!
:high-five:
:thumb:
:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom