OG Kush In A Discrete Grow Room & Two Autos In Modified Kitchen Bins

im a few years late but i am watching now :circle-of-love::bravo:

Hi SP, you are just in time :welcome: I have been on a long sabbatical too

:rofl: nice avatar...

Ajagunle, where we at? They get their stripper session? Be looking like buds now, need an update... Hope your well mate and that sweltering 19c summer is coming to an end....

Hi Grizz, things have been a bit all over the place at home, builders and every thing that entails, I haven't had easy access to the grow room, it's been very splash and dash without camera for the most part.

Day 17 of 12/12 starts tonight, if that makes sense? It has been a little while since I studied the Noble Craft and I have day21stuck in my mind for major defoliation although I gather things are more 'free-style' now-a-days :laughtwo: It was not that long ago when the whether to defol at all was a topic of hot debate and LEDs were just a passing fad :laughtwo::laughtwo:

I have cleared most of the leaf from under the screen and I will start a major defol above on the 21st when a week of unfettered access to the indoor garden becomes fettered for a week of the School holidays and little eyes are now little teenage eyes and a very inquisitive mind full of state sponsored propaganda :laughtwo:

I am struggling on with the heat, the rain helps :thumb:

I will make more effort to comment on your journal whenever I am temporarily up-to-date :laughtwo:

OG Kush is just starting day 21 of 12/12, I thought I had defoliated until I saw this photo, I have removed handfuls of leaves in the last 3 days, honestly :laughtwo:

Canopy56.jpg

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far and temps in the grow room topped out at 89f with a maximum humidity of 61%, quite relieved

Pistils_a.jpg

Underscreen is almost stripped of any leaf, its very complicated down there, branches doubling back on themselves more than once, I never plan grows far enough in advance and always seem to have over-night visitors at the crucial times, there was plenty of room one day and a few days later she was all scrunched up against the screen, maybe filling the screen a bit less would give me better control,

Underskirts.jpg

:Namaste:

Aja, thanks for the welcome, sorry I was late! And yes, mine was a freebie, the other two "free seeds" never germinated :rofl:
It has cooled down a little now, but I expect it to return the first of July :thedoubletake:
Keep em growing happy and as Wood says, Keep Em Green! :cheesygrinsmiley:

yes we uese all the freebies...lol...
hi aja....hope u dont mind to sy ur journal..hahaha...i love the purple strains...i never had one...i try many times but i cant get it...2 thingshapen...or i will destroye the seed ...cats pee on pots or i will harvest without have the purple colour...
nice job here...i want to see the next pages for og kush...thank u

please dont tell me u r dissapointed..urs looks better than mine...u will be pleased in a while...also i got spidermites and i cant re-veg this...but i suggest u after harvest to re-veg..so if some leaves appears on ow branches dont cut them...the second harvest will be better than first...i did it 3 times ..re-veg some photoperiod plants and always the second harvest was much better than first...looking very nice..u will have a nice yield...good job man....n ice to meet u-see u---speak with u...:thanks::goodjob::bravo:

Hi Solar, hey I am not disappointed really, there is a time with each grow when I forget about the impending 'Thickening' :laughtwo: I was attempting to empathise with how you sounded in a particular post :) it's all good

Thanks for suggesting re-veg, but...I only get 2 harvests a year of the photos and variety is the spice of life at the moment :Namaste:

I suggest a Blueberry Auto to get the purps without cold temps and short bamboo skewers around the edge of the pot as harmless anti-Cat protection, a varied height sharp fence?

She has just started the 24th day of 12/12, her tallest buds are more than 12 inches, the lights are at their highest, worked out well

side_view10.jpg

Now that I am editing a photo I can see the thickening has begun, I shall attempt to remove any leaf with an inch or more of stem, now I can see photographic evidence that the next leaves are on their way I am less nervous:)

Tall_stem_a.jpg

I can also see trichomes at the base of the top leaves

Bud_fuzz_b.jpg

Mate, looking great... Yes, can certainly see those flowers forming... Reps

Hope your well mate :passitleft: must be getting close to update time :rofl:

Apologies for the lack of updates, I have had a full house and little opportunity to tend to the plant, even less opportunity to take photos.

Buds_b.jpg

24 Days of 12/12. The tops are now above the height of the oscillating tower fan and some are drying out, Max. temperature is 89f, I have raised the bank of 4" fans on the left of the picture to the height of the light, so they are blowing across the underside of the bulbs, pleased with how full the space is :)

Grow_room_a.jpg

I am removing the damaged leaves a couple per visit, Removing the damaged leaves is a sticky business ,and the smell is getting very pungent, :thumb: Ona blocks have been strategically deployed.

Dried_leaves.jpg

Very pretty! I've used the ona blocks and didn't think they did a great job. I have the big buckets of ona and with the breeze fan on top of them they last about 3 months - gets pricey - I'm on my 4th bucket. It does the job because otherwise my entire house smells like cannabis, which I don't mind at all! I'm now only plugging the ono in when I'm expecting visitors.

Very pretty! I've used the ona blocks and didn't think they did a great job. I have the big buckets of ona and with the breeze fan on top of them they last about 3 months - gets pricey - I'm on my 4th bucket. It does the job because otherwise my entire house smells like cannabis, which I don't mind at all! I'm now only plugging the ono in when I'm expecting visitors.

I think my whole house might smell of growing or smoking cannabis :) I have the Fresh Linen Ona gel, I have refilled them twice using candle scents, not sure it is quite as effective as first time round but as you say, it gets pricey,

:thumb:

A Blackberry Auto from Fastbuds is enjoyingg the cooler daytime temperatures in this part of the world, the top bud is looking promising, who am I trying to kid, this is the whole plant, less than 3" high

Blueberry_auto_b.jpg

OG Kush has not had my full attention for several weeks, quick topping of the reservoir ph, TDS and how full. The filter of the pump was blocked on Monday and water flow was down to less than a trickle, cleaned the little square sponge filter and started planning a res change for tonight I can't quite clean the tank properly but I can pump out most of the grime and all but a litre or so of the reservoir.

OG_K_bud_a.jpg

Put in 10l of rainwater and charged with ½ strength Nutes and Buddy. The flowering Elixir of the VitaLink hydro range. It is a physically tiring exercise for me so I plan on adding another 10l tomorrow when I will measure if TDS is going up or down and charge accordingly.

Leaves are drying quite quickly near the lights, fairly sure it is high temps not critters but I am out of fans, max temps at the top of the plants is only 93f so no biggie I think.

Struggling to defoliate further than the very front, I feel I am likely to break some of the very bendy stems, the tallest is 14", a second higher screen for the stems to grow through might be an idea for next time

Groom_b.jpg

Looking great ajagunle... Don't break any stems :rofl: hope your well mate :passitleft:

I wondered about your absence of late. Now I understand.
Everything looks good, one of those bud pics...wow. Just sugared up pretty.

Hope things are going as smooth as they can. I love the fresh linen ona gel, and I agree...it can get pricey. I've even hung some bounce dryer sheets in front of small lights with a fan. Seemed to help just a little.

:circle-of-love:

I wondered about your absence of late. Now I understand.
Everything looks good, one of those bud pics...wow. Just sugared up pretty.

Hope things are going as smooth as they can. I love the fresh linen ona gel, and I agree...it can get pricey. I've even hung some bounce dryer sheets in front of small lights with a fan. Seemed to help just a little.

:circle-of-love:

Hi Canna, She sure has sugared up pretty :thumb: bit of a first for me, until now I have only seen it in the photos :) My first outing with the MarsHydro, very pleased with my purchase I have got some work to do retraining the Gardener, his thought processes are getting rather woolly :passitleft: There is always next time :circle-of-love:

I think I have worked-out a simple way to suspend another screen, 3 pieces of double thickness Correx (I have spare from the GH adventure) and stick them to the wall to hold a screen that can be added towards the end of stretch, leaving 7 or 8" gap so I can defoliate, now I need to find a trusted Compadre to fit a new Carbon Filter, the current one is 6 years old and whilst is has not seen heavy action it must be fairly gunked up by now and not helping the rate of air exchange. Then regularly make scented candles, shame that Toilet cleaners have stolen the Pine smell for their own, it's a good memory anchor for me, maybe my house will start to smell of a very hygienic bathroom :)

Back
Top Bottom