OG Kush In A Discrete Grow Room & Two Autos In Modified Kitchen Bins

Hey ajagunle

Long time no see :) Hope you don't mind if I join you on your new journey

GreenFingers

Hi Green Fingers, great to see you :thumb:

It was one of your early grows that had such an influence on what I'm always trying to achieve in my small space, you checking in is a real good omen for me! :theband:

Thank you Canna, the Internet cannot find a 'puffer' on sale in the UK, the only thing I can find that is similar is for cleaning lens or putting on make-up, what about a brush for putting on foundation? Very, very cheap! It's safe as long as you don't breath it in?

I got a picture of the false wall,

Partition.jpg

I should be more careful with my choice of words? It is a tight fitting partition. Why would anyone be curious about a plastic partition at the end of the Larder? Wired-up to the electric, where is it plugged in? :hmmmm:

Door closed and fingers crossed :smokin:

I think the make up brush is a great idea! You could also use a plastic coke/pepsi bottle and poke holes in the cap. Then maybe you can squeeze it to "puff" out for you. I didn't mean that they actually call it a "puffer". LOL It's just how it looks when you squeeze the container. Sorry 'bout that.

I really like the make up brush idea better than puffing, artistry .....yes...paint away!

Yes, wear a dust mask as our friend the grizzy says. You shouldn't breath anything in except good clean air/oxygen. :)

I like the "false wall". It looks to me like it would be assumed to be a cover for a hot water heater or water pump area. Put a hand drawn schematic or print out of a wiring diagram for a water pump or furnace...or water heater on it. Who would want to look there. ROFL!

Genius!!

:rofl:

Hi Green Fingers, great to see you :thumb:

It was one of your early grows that had such an influence on what I'm always trying to achieve in my small space, your you checking in is a real good omen for me! :theband:

Ah the old little AK47 grow, that was 4 years ago, good times ha ha I'm delighted that you were inspired by that grow :)

My new set up is much bigger and better I'd love to have you along for the ride.

Looking great over here by the way :)

I'll be around to help you out in any way that I can
Keep up the good work :thumb:

GreenFingers

I just missed with the Fim, instead of 4 there is now 1!

FiJm.jpg

I have a young Adult for company next week, half term, a visit from Pa next Weekend (over-lapping for a night, it's nice to have 3 generations in one room and all too infrequent) so I had to get the grow-room ready for a maintenance free 10 days, no real chance for inspections of the plant or the NFT reservoir levels or pH. The fact I can confidently leave it alone for extended periods of time is a major plus for choosing this method of grow. I drained the existing Nutes and thoroughly washed the pump and filter in Hand-poaching hot water. The Strawberry pants get the Nutes.

Refilled with 20l of rain water, ppm 35, charged with ¾ strength veg. Nutes, Silicon, Root booster and Root cleanser, which bought the pH to 6.1, where I left it, any algae of any sort will lower the pH through the element availability range to about 5.4 over the next 10 days or so. After charge TDS was 230ppm, low for what is usually recommended here on 420, a strength that gives a very stable pH. I topped-up the open tub of water that I use to raise humidity and I was surprised how 'bitty' the harvested rainwater is, I'll have to drain and clean the Butts when Winter starts, it has been a while since I did this.

I took off 2 fan leaves that were shading lower shoots, I haven't removed the stalks yet.

Groom_c.jpg

Thanks GreenFingers for explaining more about TDS/ec, I can 'visualise' what TDS is but ec is still a little 'scientific', as long as it provides a relative value for my reservoir selfishly I am going to continue using it until I get my head round ec! However I shouldn't be comparing my TDS with others, I had no idea :thumb:

Yes, wear a dust mask as our friend the grizzy says. You shouldn't breath anything in except good clean air/oxygen. :)

that's all I fill my bong with :rofl:

Do you know who the breeder is on the Blueberry Autos? I just looked at Dutch Passion and they definitely have some bluish and purplish hues.

:thumb:

Apologies for my Tardiness Canna, yes it is Dutch Passion. I have only grown anything Purple once and that was last Winter, I had thought from reading other Journals that cold temperatures were a must, very pleasant surprise.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Apologies for my Tardiness Canna, yes it is Dutch Passion. I have only grown anything Purple once and that was last Winter, I had thought from reading other Journals that cold temperatures were a must, very pleasant surprise.:cheesygrinsmiley:

You can never be tardy here. :laugh:

The cold temps are used if you want to force a plant to turn pretty colors that doesn't necessarily have it in the genetics. Your blueberry is already destined for it.
I can't wait to watch at those buds mature! You take nice clear pics. :) The only plant I tried that was supposed to be purplish in it's genetics, was an auto that didn't turn purple until almost the last week of growing. Yours are starting much sooner!

:circle-of-love:

Oh, meant to tell you. You will probably get purple-ish coloring of the leaves at the areas closest to the buds. It's going to be lovely.

You can never be tardy here. :laugh:

The cold temps are used if you want to force a plant to turn pretty colors that doesn't necessarily have it in the genetics. Your blueberry is already destined for it.
I can't wait to watch at those buds mature! You take nice clear pics. :) The only plant I tried that was supposed to be purplish in it's genetics, was an auto that didn't turn purple until almost the last week of growing. Yours are starting much sooner!

:circle-of-love:

Oh, meant to tell you. You will probably get purple-ish coloring of the leaves at the areas closest to the buds. It's going to be lovely.

You are very kind Canna, I take dozens of photos and then spend a great while cropping them to get 1 decent image :rofl:

I saw your photo of an Auto today and realised for the first time how tall they can be :rofl: I have almost decided to buy a Wardrobe and retire the bins so I can see for myself, I'll have to change my Avatar though :circle-of-love:

You are very kind Canna, I take dozens of photos and then spend a great while cropping them to get 1 decent image :rofl:

I saw your photo of an Auto today and realised for the first time how tall they can be :rofl: I have almost decided to buy a Wardrobe and retire the bins so I can see for myself, I'll have to change my Avatar though :circle-of-love:

Nooooooo......don't change your avatar! It fits you!

Yeah, they can get tall depending on strain. Usually they are close to 2' plus, but I did have one get up there around 3. How much room will your bins hold for height?

Going through a gnat issue myself.. I looked into d/e more for use inside.. Food grade all good, folks even ingest it to kill gut worm or intestinal stuff, whatever, but I'm not sold... I don't know if you can get the proper dusting inside and with plants in pots.. I've had some good help and suggestions.. If I don't see you like the posts I'll drag them over here, I think I can copy and paste, lol... Hope your well mate...

Hi Grizz, thanks for offering to cut and paste but I will find the advice on your journal somewhere (I hought I was uptodate?) I am not working and you are, it would be churlish of me to leave you to do the leg work! I got the DE but no Foundation brush from the Rainforest website, not sure how the females of our species cope when they are in a hurry to do their make up :rofl:

I have 6 sachets of a Thrip predator from 'Grow you own' website that has a really good range of 'Natures Solutions' to most bug type pests. I last had an opportunity to inspect my plant 7 or 8 days ago and there was no sign of Thrip activity on any of the new growth since I had removed all damaged leaves, fingers crossed!:thumb:

I have the house back to myself tonight and will catch up then, in answer to your question though, all good, fantastic half term and Summer has begun at last, Strawberries flowering and Tomatos and Peppers!

I hope all is well with you!:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Loads of exclamation marks, I will try to be more quiet

Back
Top Bottom