OG Kush In A Discrete Grow Room & Two Autos In Modified Kitchen Bins

Grizz pointed me in the direction of Kushtie's journal, another NFT grower, his journal has nudged me to look at my operation with a more critical and challenging eye. When I first saw Grizz's current flowering Girls, Venona and Bubba Kush I think, I began to question the quality of my Girl, similar age but very rough looking, One of Kushtie's photos of roots has started a process, I have never achieved close to what I saw, mmm, the OG Kush is on day 44 of 12/12 so any mahor changes will have to wait for 'next time' but for the remainder of this grow there are things I think I can do

reservoir temperature is currently 25c, a little high, I will change the air pump with the new one in the greenhouse (4w v 2w) peppers be damned, I'll install the pump ,and therefore its intake, outside the grow room, drawing cooler air off the concrete floor of the larder

I changed the res the day before yesterday so it should be nice and fresh, charged with fresh root booster from Vitalink which further investigation on the net shows is no longer in production, this prompted me to work out how long I have had them, 4 years in my house and however long in a warehouse before I bought it, time to purchase a new smaller bottle of the new version.Not sure what else to do for the roots immediately

I have until mid-September before an opportunity to make changes to my room but I think I may plan on putting a fan or fans in the right hand corner, blowing away from the back wall, to reduce any chances of still stale air

Bud_e.jpg

:Namaste:

So it did help? Good, I didn't know if he had the info laid out or not.. his flowers aren't bad are they?

So it did help? Good, I didn't know if he had the info laid out or not.. his flowers aren't bad are they?

Very useful Grizz, very beautiful Buds and the roots are WOW! I am happier than I could explain when my various girls get to be harvested despite my input, now I might have found an NFT Sensi :thumb: Lots of small things to work on, I'll have to keep my expectation of 'Next Time' ambitious but realistic

:thanks: Grizz

I have installed a higher powered air pump in the grow room, the length of the mains cable is a limiting factor, I have had to use another extension lead and the false Correx wall is likely crush and close the air lines, the thickness of the extension cable should prevent this :fingers-crossed: another 'after harvest' job to consider.

The pH of the res. is dropping from 6.2 to 5.4 every 24hrs, I must remember to leave plenty of room in the tank so I can raise the pH with rainwater rather than 'Up', she is transpiring almost 3l every 24hrs, not much water in the dehumidifier, maximum humidity is 54%, the dehumidifier is sitting on a stand to raise the intake to leaf height, not sure if humid air rises or falls due to its weight, I have lowered the dehumidifier anyway, see if it collects more water and lowers the humidity more from floor height tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile248557398.jpg

This is my set up a space bucket. Would that be big enough grow area for an auto you reckon?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Rodgers, the Space Buckets looks good, I can't see how all the practicalities work but it is/will be purpose built :thumb: Choose a short auto and lots of lst, you're in business :) I get some very enjoyable harvests from a 50 litre kitchen bin

Make sure you start a journal to get more minds working on the challenge! :circle-of-love:

I got auto white widow seeds from Seedsman. It says 50-120 cm max growth so hopefully it'll be big enough for it. I honestly wouldn't need much. I planted my seed in its growing medium last night so hopefully it'll pop out so I can start my journal.

I got auto white widow seeds from Seedsman. It says 50-120 cm max growth so hopefully it'll be big enough for it. I honestly wouldn't need much. I planted my seed in its growing medium last night so hopefully it'll pop out so I can start my journal.

Good luck, I'll keep an eye out for your journal :thumb: If she tends to the lanky end of the spectrum they do respond well to extreme LST

Apologies for the the sporadic posting.

53 days of 12/12 and 3 tips of flowers have developed white tufty points, is this I sign of something? Shame I haven't been able to get a clear picture, yet, I am going to try using another clip-on CFL to provide better lighting.

Fluff2.jpg

There is a little heat damage on the outer leaves of the flowers which will make the trimming more tedious. The pillar fan has lowered the maximum temperature by a few degrees but it has caused all the branches to be bunched up in the corner of the grow room, away from the fan, I have not been able to use string to pull the stems into a more upright position, I need something stable to rest my forearms on to tie the knots etc.

Comparing my plant to results from similar grow spaces high-lights some areas of obvious improvement, The list includes, but is not restricted to, root temperature is above the max recommended, it is 25c, 77f at lights on. The weather-beaten look of the buds may be due in part to the lack of fresh air and possibly co2, not sure about the air movement in the grow space, I am considering moving the bank of 120mm fans, they may be more effective at the back of the grow space rather than on the side? I really should have considered supporting the tall spindly buds earlier, I plan on a second screen 'next time' so the buds can grow through it before I have to take remedial action.

I got a new catalogue from a hydro supplier today and I have studied the recommended products for NFT, I could easily treble the cost of weed if I used everything 'Ideal' at the strength advised, mm, procrastination is required at this point, although 'Vitalink Turbo' is already ordered, it contains L-amino acids ans Brassinosteroids.

Quietly pleased with the potential harvest and lots to take onboard for next time.

Sounds like your got a plan and are slightly excited by it.. Good stuff ajagunle...

I now know the effect of waiting far too long to put an Auto in to its final pot, the Blackberry auto is about 4 inches high (tapes case is 2") coloour is starting to develop and she is nice and solid.

I intend to grow Blackberry again next go, potting up to the 8" pot a little sooner this time.

Blackberry_b.jpg

OG Kush has 8 days to go, time to find my magnifier so I can see the colour of the trichomes, the white tufty tops look very inviting, I have wired a pendant light fitting fitted with a 45w CFL (blue) to provide some back lighting for the photos but still can't capture a clear image of the 'Tufts'

Tuft_b.jpg

Canopy_a1.jpg

Harvested? What'd you end up with? Hope your got some photos to share... Hope your well mate...

:passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom