OldMedman Goes Indoors

OMM,
Make sure that the little tab where the light makes contact with the socket is pushed down to complete the connection.

Thanks for the tip. Luckily we found what was wrong...for once it wasn't me! ;)

Well i hope theres one more seat im not pickey just as long as its a recliner i cant sit in a straight backed chair ive read your first journal they all were great i laughed cried got mad it amazes me how we can get involved with peoples lives with writting it was truly motivating and the peopls warmth and politeness touched my heart thanks for taking the time for sharing it with us the people here at 420 are amazing im thankful for the people who keep this website running they put a lot of hard work in it and im lookin forward to following your journal thanks for the good times and more to come oh your plants are lookin great as always God Bless you and yours :Namaste: :thanks:

No problem my new friend!;) This is a mmj journal and I'm prepared for you. There is recliner just for you. Me on the other hand needs a straight back chair. As you know by reading my journals (Thanks by the way...that took some time) we all have special needs. What you just wrote is what 420 is all about. I could not have said it any better. You just got some from + Reps from me too. A big welcome to you! :bravo:

Hey OMM,

I'm not surprised that ballast was bad. What surprises me is that it seems to be a common thing. What brand is it? Mine is the sun system galaxy 400w 120/240v pt#902480. They warranteed it with no problem. But still, seems all too common.

I'm in awe of the matterhorn, it's the coolest. Can't wait to see what's to come. :popcorn:

I'm most interested in how you're going to grow all those different strains in the same enviroment...with the different heights, girths, how you plan to get light to all those beauties.

My hats off to you :bravo:

Hello sqwheels. :ganjamon:
Mine is a Sun System digital ballast. Latest one too. Yep, quality control needs to be better. Sun is consider one of the best too. Maybe every one is too high putting them together. Seriously, they do need better quality control.
Well, out side I grew all kinds of strains, so I don't know why I can't do it indoors, at least that's my thought. One thing that helps is giving them all OC+ . That takes care of the nutes they need. But the main thing is reading the plants. They will tell you when your doing something wrong. Soil is quite forgiving too. Guess we will see at the end if I did a good job. That will be the deciding factor. As you can tell I don't do much experimenting, I stay with what has worked before. Look in my first journal if you want to see a nightmare. :yahoo:

Sorry...I love the Matterhorn too!

I know it's early, but I felt you were already earning your 5 star rating, so I threw in my rating for ya. ;) :cheer:

Love ya buddy, those plants are sure crammed under that light! Soon they'll all have their own space to stretch out a little.

I'd love to see the lantern thing sometime, sounds pretty amazing and impressive. I'll bet it's a beautiful sight.

I'm also curious what brand of ballast...

:bong:

Hi xlr8 ! :thanks:
We'll see if I earn that 5 star ratting. It's early. :) Thanks though! :high-five:
I'll spread them back out soon, I will be putting CFLs in there to at least keep them happy. Didn't get to do it today as planned. Life got in the way. :smokin:

The Ballast is a Sun Systems digital.

Be over to see you soon. :)

Fashionably late, damn that made me laugh my friend..

I've smoked Church once I do believe, it was nice. Never smoked Kandy Kush maybe I have and just did not know it because you know me I don't pay attention to the names much. Some Name Brands are worth it and others are Not.. Green Buds are Green Buds they may taste or smell different but in the end it all does the same trick, that is to ease the pain in our bodies.

It may take me a while/couple years to get a "great set up" but I'm just growing for myself and a Getto grow space works for me at the present. If the time ever shows itself and I need to go out and spend a couple hundred bucks to improve my area {Lights, Ventalation, Fans ect...} then so be it but at this present time I don't need to fix something that anit broke to grow good smoke for myself.

Wishing you the best my friend..

:Namaste:

Now that was spoken like a true grower! The whole point is keeping yourself supplied with good buds and you do that just fine.! What more could you want! :yahoo:

Damn OMM, you gonna go camping in that tent? Looks to be HUGE! :)

You got it Munki! :yahoo:
I could live in that thing. Hopefully I wont have too...but you you never know.
When I was looking at tents I found this one and realized it wouldn't cost THAT much more so I went of it. Besides I bump into things all the time. I'm the one that needs the space. :blushsmile::blushsmile:

I like this idea, how about we all come and camp out in your tent OMM? ;)

I'll bring cookies! :)

And you have my Axe!.. er...I mean, 5.

By the way, not to start hell in this thread.. But, seen any sign of Henrietta? :confused: Or did she actually fly the coop?

:):):) It isn't that big....there are allot of us! :):):)

Well, with your cookies, we probably could do it. ;)

Henrietta is gone, sadly. Didn't see any tell tale feathers left behind, so she just moved on, I hope. Just so everyone knows,,I had a pet chicken that lived in the back yard. Cool chicken too! :adore:

Hello sqwheels. :ganjamon:

Maybe every one is too high putting them together.

Well, out side I grew all kinds of strains, so I don't know why I can't do it indoors, at least that's my thought. One thing that helps is giving them all OC+ . That takes care of the nutes they need. But the main thing is reading the plants. They will tell you when your doing something wrong. Soil is quite forgiving too. Guess we will see at the end if I did a good job. That will be the deciding factor. As you can tell I don't do much experimenting, I stay with what has worked before. Look in my first journal if you want to see a nightmare. :yahoo:

Sorry...I love the Matterhorn too!

OMM, maybe too high, you crack me up. :biglaugh::biglaugh::rofl::rofl:

I see alot of people talk about this. What is OC+?

I'm currently growing my 2nd time ever (check it out), I haven't done any experimenting, if I can duplicate my first grow I'll be thrilled.

For now, I'm watching all of you as my experimenting. :Namaste: :popcorn:

I have read most all of your journals. I've seen. Thanks for all your hard work and perseverance, we all gain from it. :adore::adore:

Looking good OMM. That's one huge tent you got there. Wish to get one of those someday, when my roommate moves out! Will you be adding trays for the pots? I found that it will make cleaning up much easier at the end. The tent tray to me is too flimsy to carry out and dump the access water. Just a thought.

HighDive, I hope for your sake they move out soon. ;)
That's a good question. Been giving it allot of thought. The door to the back yard is only a few feet away. Could take them out and water them, but my back wouldn't like it too much. I think some kind of trays would be best. I have a shop vac and could suck the water out of the trays. Even though the tent has two mylar trays, they are going to get really messy. I also veg plants in a closet and have done it for a year or two. I have yet to find something that works, but doesn't kill me in the process. Maybe some one else can give me some help in that area. Good point! :bravo:

The 4x4 or 4x8 flood and drain table trays work really good in the tents... You can water then either pull the drain plug or use a wet/dry vac to get the water out, then you can roll that outside or to a tub.

OMM, maybe too high, you crack me up. :biglaugh::biglaugh::rofl::rofl:

I see alot of people talk about this. What is OC+?

I'm currently growing my 2nd time ever (check it out), I haven't done any experimenting, if I can duplicate my first grow I'll be thrilled.

For now, I'm watching all of you as my experimenting. :Namaste: :popcorn:

I have read most all of your journals. I've seen. Thanks for all your hard work and perseverance, we all gain from it. :adore::adore:

Hi My Friend ! :)

My bad, should have been more clear about OC+, Thanks for asking.

What it is a very sophisticated kind of time release nuts. Before it came along, time release nutes were considered to cause more problems than help.
OC+ on the other hand somehow knows what a plant needs.
Around here it is almost impossible to find anymore. Plain OC can be found in most places...Home Depot and so on. The OC+ has the little bugs that help in the development good roots and so on. It's made up of little balls that are called prells. When I pot a plant I usually add about three tablespoons to the top 3 inches or so of soil. Your good to go for the life of the plant. Many people use ii in many other types of grows too. I am probably explaining it all wrong, so here is a link to a discussion about it.

Here is a link to what it is and how it works,

I'll be over to see your grow soon as I can my friend. :high-five:

The 4x4 or 4x8 flood and drain table trays work really good in the tents... You can water then either pull the drain plug or use a wet/dry vac to get the water out, then you can roll that outside or to a tub.

Hi There Old Friend.....glad your still with us !!!! :cheer:
That sounds like a perfect solution. I will do a search for them.
Good to see you! :high-five:

OK Folks

I need to explain why there were no CFLs put in today.

Jo, who I was married to for a long time has gotten worse. We have been divorced for 5 years, yet we still live together. Go figure.

She has been ill for a quite while now and hasn't been getting better. Today she couldn't walk or move much without great pain. So I was was with her all day, trying to help. She is seeing Doctors but, this week, they told her not to take her meds at all. This is what that decision has done to her. I am feeling pretty helpless about the whole thing. So if I am missing a day or two, you know the reason. She is my first priority. No one should have to go through this.
Last week they did several in depth test on her, but they haven't told us the results yet. You know as much as I do. She can use some good vibes sent her way. Thanks. OMM

Hi OMM. It pains me to see you and Jo going through this tough time.

Wishing you both the best possible resolution to Jo's current health issues.
We'll be here when you can get back to your garden. In the meantime be aware that there are many here who care.:peace:

Good lookin' out OMM

You tell Jo I'm thinking about her, good vibes all the way. Keep us updated.

OK Folks

I need to explain why there were no CFLs put in today.

Jo, who I was married to for a long time has gotten worse. We have been divorced for 5 years, yet we still live together. Go figure.

She has been ill for a quite while now and hasn't been getting better. Today she couldn't walk or move much without great pain. So I was was with her all day, trying to help. She is seeing Doctors but, this week, they told her not to take her meds at all. This is what that decision has done to her. I am feeling pretty helpless about the whole thing. So if I am missing a day or two, you know the reason. She is my first priority. No one should have to go through this.
Last week they did several in depth test on her, but they haven't told us the results yet. You know as much as I do. She can use some good vibes sent her way. Thanks. OMM

OMM my friend, I am so sorry about your situation, I know what your going through..I am the caretaker of my family also and have had to watch ALOT of people I love pass right in front of me. Just remember how happy you make those people on their worst days, they will praise you from heaven for it. If there is anything I can do let me know, even grabbing a plane ticket, or packing up the prego wife and my son an taking a road trip. I will be praying for you and if you would like, I could show you some comforting bible verses, or healing ones...
Sinsimirely,
Your friend GT

And that OC+ is awesome, gonna do another grow with it next to prove to all that you can use the very basic cheap stuff and get results....And a bottle of that stuff would last a closet grower for years, it would probably expire before you run out!!!

Back
Top Bottom