OldMedMan's Aloha Journal

Yea ill give both a try, kosher & Lucy. Planning a vacation or should I say a little trip over there soon. Ill go by boat I really don't like flying but it maybe an option depending who I go over with. I'm familiar with paying high prices on renting and so forth. I like to know & hear more of the story you'll be telling. Sounds very informational & interesting

Yea ill give both a try, kosher & Lucy. Planning a vacation or should I say a little trip over there soon. Ill go by boat I really don't like flying but it maybe an option depending who I go over with. I'm familiar with paying high prices on renting and so forth. I like to know & hear more of the story you'll be telling. Sounds very informational & interesting

Cool, don't like flying either. You wont believe it but, I've been telling the story for about 3 - 4 years. I've been very lucky in my life. It's been interesting. It starts out with being a Hippie, sex, drugs and rock and roll, heartbreak and love. It's all in my blog below. Take a look.:Namaste:

Wiz, As someone who lost their career with a decent retirement to foreign flag ships, I beg of you to fly rather than take a cruise to Hawaii. Congress & the Reagan administration allowed so many US flag shipping companies to "sell" their ships to an office in a developing country to avoid taxes, inspections, and safety requirements as well as wages by running them under foreign flags that it literally ended up bankrupting the remaining US flag shipping companies and displacing no less than 150k jobs to US Merchant Seaman in the 80's.

I get a little giggle every time I see a foreign flag ship do something stupid and costly. Kharma imo.

I had a good career, and was never able to recover after the death of US flag shipping. Our old union hall in San Francisco used to have 300+ people at "job call" hours, 15 times per week, and 2000+ registered sailors "on the list" to work. After the fall of US shipping, that union hall became so scarce there would rarely be literally a single person at a job call (3 times a day at given hours), and the union hall eventually closed. In turn I lost my retirement with 7 yrs of actual sea time at age 27. Now all I have to look forward to is a shit ass social security check if I am ever even able to retire.

*Off my soap box now.

OMM way to get your story out especially on a site that matters a whole lot to use and your self. Legends in the making. 3-4 years I have alot to read. But it will be a great read. 420 should allow members to publish books under them. We all have great stories and great experiences from the pass that we all could learn from. The story of mj starts with us.

Thanks for the safety tips Bassman. Never knew that about cruise's etc. I tend to look up and learn about things like this great for educational use etc.

Oh you must mean living life like maybe it should be lived:)
no experience necessary:)
Cool, don't like flying either. You wont believe it but, I've been telling the story for about 3 - 4 years. I've been very lucky in my life. It's been interesting. It starts out with being a Hippie, sex, drugs and rock and roll, heartbreak and love. It's all in my blog below. Take a look.:Namaste:

Wiz, As someone who lost their career with a decent retirement to foreign flag ships, I beg of you to fly rather than take a cruise to Hawaii. Congress & the Reagan administration allowed so many US flag shipping companies to "sell" their ships to an office in a developing country to avoid taxes, inspections, and safety requirements as well as wages by running them under foreign flags that it literally ended up bankrupting the remaining US flag shipping companies and displacing no less than 150k jobs to US Merchant Seaman in the 80's.

I get a little giggle every time I see a foreign flag ship do something stupid and costly. Kharma imo.

I had a good career, and was never able to recover after the death of US flag shipping. Our old union hall in San Francisco used to have 300+ people at "job call" hours, 15 times per week, and 2000+ registered sailors "on the list" to work. After the fall of US shipping, that union hall became so scarce there would rarely be literally a single person at a job call (3 times a day at given hours), and the union hall eventually closed. In turn I lost my retirement with 7 yrs of actual sea time at age 27. Now all I have to look forward to is a shit ass social security check if I am ever even able to retire.

*Off my soap box now.
yep OLE RONNIE was the best. wish he was on a dollar bill so I could wipe my ass with it:)

good story bassman.. I am anti tax. But I like a tax on stuff brought back into this country by companies that took the jobs overseas. Same as cruse ships. Should have a ticket tax on every passenger that boards a foreign flagged ship. And when Matag brings those washing machines back in from The Philippines,tax the hell out of them. And Maytag washers are shit now....lol

yea man, how much tax does GE pay? ahem. and at who's expense in the end?

here's a funny one:

[video=youtube;mvqffRqkUGg]
pound joint taken by cops ucsc 4-20 - YouTube[/video]

Hi OMM I am sure that in all of your experiences that there has been many times that our government has just amazed you. Someone told me something and I had to check it out for myself. Google or search ....chinese prostitutes/bill ...or legislatorbill/chinese prostitutes.
It appears that with our tax dollars our government spent $2.6 million to educate chinese prostitues to drink responsibly ! Kind of funny, but not really !

Hi OMM I am sure that in all of your experiences that there has been many times that our government has just amazed you. Someone told me something and I had to check it out for myself. Google or search ....chinese prostitutes/bill ...or legislatorbill/chinese prostitutes.
It appears that with our tax dollars our government spent $2.6 million to educate chinese prostitues to drink responsibly ! Kind of funny, but not really !

clayhead, that proves we are nuts! Thanks! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom