OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

:cheer::cheer::cheer: for OMM. CONGRATULATIONS brother.:goodjob:
It's such a good feeling to know that something you put a lot of effort into is gonna repay you by getting you SMASHED. Looks NICE fresh & fruity.
I love when that gorgeous aroma starts to permeate throughout the whole house. I bet your mirror looks like :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
It's a hard thing to wait it out for the PROPER cure but always well worth it IMO.:peace:

:cheer::cheer::cheer: for OMM. CONGRATULATIONS brother.:goodjob:
It's such a good feeling to know that something you put a lot of effort into is gonna repay you by getting you SMASHED. Looks NICE fresh & fruity.
I love when that gorgeous aroma starts to permeate throughout the whole house. I bet your mirror looks like :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
It's a hard thing to wait it out for the PROPER cure but always well worth it IMO.:peace:

Thanks groover:grinjoint:
Joanne came in the room where I was trimming...wrinkled her nose....turned around and left.....why does it smell so bad?.....because its so good.:adore::adore::adore:
You got it...ear to ear and it wont go away.
I hope it dries quickly, my stash is damn near gone. Probably take a bit of Rose and Mary before I put the rest of them into jars for the cure. Man has to smoke ya know.:ganjamon:

Damn nice job OMM, I'd rep you if it would let me. BTW...64 grams dry...that's my estimate...25% of wet weight has always gotten me very close to actual weight when dry.

Soooooo-wweeeeet!!!

you must have lots of trim somewhere, don't forget to dry it in a paper bag and turn it into some treats....

Congrats again, I know you will be very happy with YOUR own meds. Nothing in the world like watching your first born and your first grown!:cheer::cheer::roorrip::peace:

Have a fantastic day and look forward to the next phase.

I agree on the 25% estimate, especially with a nice trim like you've done! Good work man.

Yeah, I've explored all the islands but Lanai and Molokai or however you spell it! Too many highlights to recount here without jacking your thread! Man, just talking about it is making me want to switch back to going there instead of Costa Rica.

Can't wait for the smoke report! :goodjob:

congrats again OMM...i say you're gonna be over 2oz dry..but what do i know..gonna be starting a new one soon? :rollit:

Thanks Man I think your right, my mind has cleared a bit,
for a while there I felt like a dog barking up an empty tree. :grinjoint:

Damn nice job OMM, I'd rep you if it would let me. BTW...64 grams dry...that's my estimate...25% of wet weight has always gotten me very close to actual weight when dry.

Thanks Buddy yep now that I'm on earth again, I agree about the 25%.

Soooooo-wweeeeet!!!

you must have lots of trim somewhere, don't forget to dry it in a paper bag and turn it into some treats....

Congrats again, I know you will be very happy with YOUR own meds. Nothing in the world like watching your first born and your first grown!:cheer::cheer::roorrip::peace:

Have a fantastic day and look forward to the next phase.

Hey sisco I'm saving it for some gumby hash. I made some real hash once many years ago, so now that I have chance to try something new, I'm gonna.:grinjoint:

Wife was fine on first born, they gave me a sedative :rofl:
And this grow did too.:rofl:

congrats again OMM...i say you're gonna be over 2oz dry..but what do i know..gonna be starting a new one soon? :rollit:

I didn't answer your question....yep it will start in January. Trying to get it altogether now. It'll be different for me. HeHe:popcorn:

I agree on the 25% estimate, especially with a nice trim like you've done! Good work man.

Yeah, I've explored all the islands but Lanai and Molokai or however you spell it! Too many highlights to recount here without jacking your thread! Man, just talking about it is making me want to switch back to going there instead of Costa Rica.

Can't wait for the smoke report! :goodjob:

Thank You Much OBX Just like everyone else I like compliments.:grinjoint:
Yeah I came back to my senses 25% it is.
As a matter of fact, I have friend who is a provider in Colo., he already has bought a piece of land in Costa Rica with two houses on it. He's so busy he hasn't gone back. Wants me to come down there with him. It's close to the Panama and the border. I've looked in to Panama, much more breaks to Expats who retire there. Don't even bother for those two islands here. There's a reason they are not very populated.:smokin:

First smoke report about a week from now. I hope.:peace:

Holy cow OldMedMan I take a couple days off 420 and I am 5 pages behind and 2 plants down. Gosh I have to remember not to blink. Those buds look great from the two plants. You did such a wonderful job with them. Enjoy, you deserve it for sure. Great job and hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas...

beautiful job man, that main cola was really pretty with that twist in it, kinda reminded me of topiary lol :cool:

OMM it is great to hear you talk about Hawaii, I almost moved there back in 05' my X-wife was pushing for 200 acre spread in DownEast Maine. I was leaning to Hawaii then I found out all was a setup for her and her boyfriend. Well a good lawyer and three years in court later I can tell you Hawaii might someday be on my horizon again. I was talking to a guy 2yrs ago who was licensed in the State of Hawaii to grow something like 1 acre of his land with MMJ is that possible? I was astonished.

I used to have a nightclub, tiki bar and sports bar in Miami Bch back in the late 80's early 90's moved back to RI to have a family but have thought about hawaii as the next logical step to live out my days. There was a snow storm here last week it left almost 2 feet of snow in the city and more at the house down the beach. I need warm tropical breezes, MMJ, and Rainbows in the morning to set my day up correct.

What would you say it costs to live there, are taxes as high as in the norteast? I pay avg 10k per home in State Tax + sewer tax, and 2k for the Narragansett Bay Commision in the effort to keep our bay waters clean. NY pumps raw sewage out to sea and hauls waste on barges out to sea for dumping. I used to work as a fisherman and lobsterman in my younger days, nice out on the Sea no cops, red lights, parking tickets, it is the best. If I can't afford hawaii I have thought about life at sea sailing worldwide maybe finding paradise some where on earth. It seems everywhere has been spoiled by the people who don't care about preservation of these wonders and just want to build a McMansion, screwing up the whole enviroment. Many of these homes have 6 bedrooms 5 baths and two people living there, what a waste, my dad is 84 and lives comfortably with a wife younger than me but did not buy some crazy house. People used to savor the greatness of America and its beauty now they overbuild and hope to sell the lot with hopes of servicing the debt, everything today is about servicing the debt. It makes me sick

Holy cow OldMedMan I take a couple days off 420 and I am 5 pages behind and 2 plants down. Gosh I have to remember not to blink. Those buds look great from the two plants. You did such a wonderful job with them. Enjoy, you deserve it for sure. Great job and hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas...

Thanks my friend, for me it really has been Xmas:grinjoint: The girls have given me some happiness for months to come and there is one more to go.:ganjamon:
Our kids are spread all over the mainland, so there was many phone calls.
Joanne made a Pineapple Ham and I made my famous baked beans, so it was a nice Xmas. Hope you had a great Xmas too. :peace:

beautiful job man, that main cola was really pretty with that twist in it, kinda reminded me of topiary lol :cool:

Thanks Heavy Maybe I should go into topiary.:grinjoint:
I knew that cola was going to be a good one, but nothing like it actually was though. I'm still learning. :peace:

OMM it is great to hear you talk about Hawaii, I almost moved there back in 05' my X-wife was pushing for 200 acre spread in DownEast Maine. I was leaning to Hawaii then I found out all was a setup for her and her boyfriend. Well a good lawyer and three years in court later I can tell you Hawaii might someday be on my horizon again. I was talking to a guy 2yrs ago who was licensed in the State of Hawaii to grow something like 1 acre of his land with MMJ is that possible? I was astonished.

I used to have a nightclub, tiki bar and sports bar in Miami Bch back in the late 80's early 90's moved back to RI to have a family but have thought about hawaii as the next logical step to live out my days. There was a snow storm here last week it left almost 2 feet of snow in the city and more at the house down the beach. I need warm tropical breezes, MMJ, and Rainbows in the morning to set my day up correct.

What would you say it costs to live there, are taxes as high as in the norteast? I pay avg 10k per home in State Tax + sewer tax, and 2k for the Narragansett Bay Commision in the effort to keep our bay waters clean. NY pumps raw sewage out to sea and hauls waste on barges out to sea for dumping. I used to work as a fisherman and lobsterman in my younger days, nice out on the Sea no cops, red lights, parking tickets, it is the best. If I can't afford hawaii I have thought about life at sea sailing worldwide maybe finding paradise some where on earth. It seems everywhere has been spoiled by the people who don't care about preservation of these wonders and just want to build a McMansion, screwing up the whole enviroment. Many of these homes have 6 bedrooms 5 baths and two people living there, what a waste, my dad is 84 and lives comfortably with a wife younger than me but did not buy some crazy house. People used to savor the greatness of America and its beauty now they overbuild and hope to sell the lot with hopes of servicing the debt, everything today is about servicing the debt. It makes me sick

Hey Buddy:grinjoint:
Sorry to hear about the ex-wife. Know the feeling unfortunately.:smokin:
Hawaii is a real mixed bag. I will have to check on the the taxes for you. I'm a 100% disabled vet and pay no taxes on my land or house.
Each island is like it's own little kingdom with laws that are kinda adjusted for that island. Never heard of a 1 acer of land for mmj, but who knows?

We sure see our once great country through the same eyes. Over development here too. Lot of unsold houses here. Disruption of nature and beauty. Dumping sewer waste into the sea and all the rest of that kinda crap.

If you don't mind, I'll talk more with you about Hawaii a bit later. OMM needs a nap at the moment.:smokin: Sorry. I feel like we are kindred spirits and need to talk more. Very soon. :peace:

Hi OMM, I was gonna ask how Christmas went but I can see it went absolutey fantastic.:cool:

Nice to see you have turned into a serial chopper, lol.
Rose and Mary fill a box quite nicely, and Tad is doing a fine job on her own. Nice trim, looks like you will pull at least 4 ounces dry, probably better and Joanne is still hanging in. She must be a little nervous after seeing what you did to her sisters, heheh.
You did a fine job finishing those girls, congratulations sir. Some very nice colas boxed up, I'm impressed.
I imagine the finger hash smelled out of this world. Thats one of my all time favorite smells. As good as it smoked, just think of it with a nice cure. Those sisters are gonna reward you with a lot of meds.
Can't wait to see how Joanne does.

Wonderful grow OMM, old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

:nicethread:

Oh something I meant to bring up. I was reading about the temperatures at which thc evaporates and one of the things that struck me was the claim that med users would find the best couchlock in their weed by vaping first then smoking the vaped weed normally, ie: pipe, joint, etc. Or skip the vape and burn your weed to consume it.
The theory is that the CBD's CBN's in mj don't volatize until just a few degrees before combustion. So vaping won't release all the active components unless your vape can do 440f or so. I have yet to experiment at higher temps but the vapir won't do over 400F.
Also read that 365 was the most effective vape temp for evaporating thc. I find that a little rough on the lungs but I'm willing to work around it to get the max effect.
Looks as if we are required to experiment more than ever.:cool:

Better than Michigan bro, my advice to anyone coming here is to bring a job....lol. I had thought about sending ya a six pack of snowballs. Figured you could use it to fend off thieves. At the very least they would be traumatized by getting hit with one in Hawaii...lol

I thought this was real funny so I had to 2nd that motion...lol

Great job OMM I was just skimming through ur journal to get up to date with ur grow. Ur ladies look really nice bro..Congratz on ur harvest and I'm looking forward to hearing the smoke report and final weight. One day I might see Hawaii but for now I'll sit down :popcorn: & watch Dog the Bounty hunter...lol

:nicethread: and oh btw I hope you and ur family had a wonderful X-mas..

Back
Top Bottom