Oldsmokey Grows Blue Cheese & Blueberry With Promix

Day 41 flower Update
Good morning everyone
For last couple of weeks I have been having issue show up. First tried dealing with it by adding Cal mag then reducing the nutes. The last week has been looking like a K toxicity also growth has slowed. So last night I hauled all four plants over to the laundry sink and flushed each on with 20 gallons fress water followed by 2gl of water with 4.5 gm MC and 4 ml CA/MG and for the first time this grow I adjusted the pH to from 6.8 down to 6.1. so I am hoping to see some increase in growth this week.

Group shot
IMG_20200817_175932.jpg
IMG_20200817_175937.jpg

Room emptied out.
IMG_20200817_193126.jpg

Blueberry#1
IMG_20200817_193739.jpg
IMG_20200817_193720.jpg
IMG_20200817_193656.jpg
IMG_20200817_193648.jpg

Blueberry#2

Well I started to do it I put 30 gm promix in a seperate cup from each plant. Then I added 45 ml distilled water to each cup and mixed. It didn't seem wet enough then I kind of forgot about the slurry test because I was busy flushing. I think the problem might of been when I collected the medium it was dry just before I flushed yesterday. So I think I will try again to night with the PM moist to start with before I add the distilled water.

@MrSauga I did a slurry test tonight. I tested each plant separately all 4 are at 6.6.
Thanks Smokey! It's a little high but still within a workable range for all the nutrients so I'd say your issue is not related to the media.

Normally should be closer to 6?
Correct. I'm not thinking this morning. Because it's soilless and Promix has theirs buffered to around 5.6 or 5.8 that amount of change could be the difference. Check with Shed and see what he thinks. It does seem high now that I'm awake.

Normally should be closer to 6?
@InTheShed I did a slurry test last night. Tested each plant separately all were at 6.6 I am using promix HP. Do you any thoughts on that?
I'm pretty sure that ProMix is buffered to 5.8 within a few days of the first watering (to activate the lime), so 6.6 does show a rise. I'm actually in the process of writing an email back to my PremierTech guy, and one of my questions will be "how long can we expect the lime buffering to last using a fertilizer that is almost entirely nitrate nitrogen?" as MegaCrop is.

I'll let you know what I hear!

Back
Top Bottom