Overlord Does Ethos Mandarin Cookies In High Brix

What a great show you're putting on here! It's a real pleasure to watch. Thank you!

:bravo:

What Gray said.
You got it poppin over here!
:high-five:

@weenmeoff

2 days after second Cat drench, and I almost forgot to get you some night shots. fact is I remembered at the last minute and rushed in and took a few real quick. The quality of the pics isn't all that great but I think you will get some idea.

I will do my best to take a moment to frame and focus better next week.

So here ya go...

DSC_024326.JPG

DSC_024222.JPG

DSC_023838.JPG

DSC_023735.JPG

DSC_023638.JPG

DSC_023532.JPG

DSC_023135.JPG

DSC_023039.JPG

DSC_022940.JPG

Hope that will do until next time.

Actually.. Thank you

The kit is great and so are all the fellow brixers here. I see lots of drama on other forums, but here it is what I believe it should be all about.

:thanks:

Hey there OL....nice pics:) things are looking good over here...just got back late last night ...doing some 'catch up' now. The 'Kit' ...good times....:cheer::thumb:

Damn OL, your rushed pics are far better than my pics that I take time at, ha! They look amazing! I'm hoping that mine look 1/2 as good as that once I flower which may start soon, they exploded since they got GE 2 days ago. I hadn't seen them since yesterday morning and I was blown away. I'm gonna try to get some decent pics and post in a bit.

:high-five: :passitleft:

Damn OL, your rushed pics are far better than my pics that I take time at, ha! They look amazing! I'm hoping that mine look 1/2 as good as that once I flower which may start soon, they exploded since they got GE 2 days ago. I hadn't seen them since yesterday morning and I was blown away. I'm gonna try to get some decent pics and post in a bit.

:high-five: :passitleft:

Yours will look better I am sure, and as far as the pics that's thanks to Nikons auto focus feature.

I will be looking for the notice that you posted, hope to see it before the site goes down.

@weenmeoff

2 days after second Cat drench, and I almost forgot to get you some night shots. fact is I remembered at the last minute and rushed in and took a few real quick. The quality of the pics isn't all that great but I think you will get some idea.

I will do my best to take a moment to frame and focus better next week.

So here ya go...

DSC_024326.JPG

DSC_024222.JPG

DSC_023838.JPG

DSC_023735.JPG

DSC_023638.JPG

DSC_023532.JPG

DSC_023135.JPG

DSC_023039.JPG

DSC_022940.JPG

Hope that will do until next time.

O yeah weenmeoff, I used the method Doc uses for the pics we discussed. The one with the extra light is the LED headlamp that I didn't get covered completely.

I have a newer version of the same camera doc uses, a canon power shot but I usually use my cell or iPad. Once my girls start flowering, I'll get back to using the point and shoot.

I use a cannon power shot for pics I post here but I get better pics with my phone! Some of my camera pics come out alright but not as sharp as the phone pics! Girls look real nice OL!

Thanks Yeti

That one is a bit of a PIA, but the rest have done very well.

Years ago I use to do a lot of serious amateur photography with a Canon, loved that camera but had to sell it to make ends meet.

About a year ago I saw this Nikon on sale and picked it up, just using kit lenses that came with it. But I hate it, probably because I don't know it like Canon. I need to maybe get some extension tubes and new lenses, or just go ahead and buy another Canon.

As far as cell phones, they are great picture takers these days if you own a decent one. I have seen books and videos from professional photographers on taking pictures with nothing but their cell. The pictures they took were pretty amazing, one just needs to learn how to use what they have and some basic photography skills and you'll make some really nice pictures. Takes practice too!!

Thanks Yeti

That one is a bit of a PIA, but the rest have done very well.

Years ago I use to do a lot of serious amateur photography with a Canon, loved that camera but had to sell it to make ends meet.

About a year ago I saw this Nikon on sale and picked it up, just using kit lenses that came with it. But I hate it, probably because I don't know it like Canon. I need to maybe get some extension tubes and new lenses, or just go ahead and buy another Canon.

As far as cell phones, they are great picture takers these days if you own a decent one. I have seen books and videos from professional photographers on taking pictures with nothing but their cell. The pictures they took were pretty amazing, one just needs to learn how to use what they have and some basic photography skills and you'll make some really nice pictures. Takes practice too!!

I do need to watch some videos on taking good pictures. Photography didnt interest me until joining this site :laughtwo: I have thought about getting a nice camera but have not had the money to spare on one (damn seed purchases lol) Hopefully I can brush up on my cell phone skills and get some better shots soon!

I do need to watch some videos on taking good pictures. Photography didnt interest me until joining this site :laughtwo: I have thought about getting a nice camera but have not had the money to spare on one (damn seed purchases lol) Hopefully I can brush up on my cell phone skills and get some better shots soon! I am really hoping to win a contest some day and I think I will need better pics to make it happen.

When I first got started I saw a video by Bryan Peterson called "The Perfect Shot", the video is not a detailed explanatory type. It does quickly give you some pro tips with the idea of getting the shot right the first time without using editing software.

I learned my camera and its' settings, used his tips and took my camera everywhere practicing constantly. People started telling me thins like, these are better than the ones we paid for. That was certainly a confidence booster!! I definitely recommend that video for a quick start, he also has many books that do go into depth on various subjects.

And of course there is always Kelby, creativelive, phlearn, lynda, rggedu, photoserge, and many other online learning that cover everything and then some.

When I get another Canon, I will probably get back into it a lot more. It is a lot of fun, but expect to take a lot of crappy pics, and keep the nice ones. :cheesygrinsmiley:

EDIT: we also had a camera club locally that was free, pros, beginners you name it. learned a lot from them too.

When I first got started I saw a video by Bryan Peterson called "The Perfect Shot", the video is not a detailed explanatory type. It does quickly give you some pro tips with the idea of getting the shot right the first time without using editing software.

I learned my camera and its' settings, used his tips and took my camera everywhere practicing constantly. People started telling me thins like, these are better than the ones we paid for. That was certainly a confidence booster!! I definitely recommend that video for a quick start, he also has many books that do go into depth on various subjects.

And of course there is always Kelby, creativelive, phlearn, lynda, rggedu, photoserge, and many other online learning that cover everything and then some.

When I get another Canon, I will probably get back into it a lot more. It is a lot of fun, but expect to take a lot of crappy pics, and keep the nice ones. :cheesygrinsmiley:

EDIT: we also had a camera club locally that was free, pros, beginners you name it. learned a lot from them too.

Thanks I will take a look at that vid. My wife used to really enjoy photography, but has really gotten out of it. The power shot I use is actually hers. i think it would be awesome to have a nice camera with a macro lens. It would be great to be able to take trich shots!

Thanks I will take a look at that vid. My wife used to really enjoy photography, but has really gotten out of it. The power shot I use is actually hers. i think it would be awesome to have a nice camera with a macro lens. It would be great to be able to take trich shots!

Macro lens is definitely on the list, but they can be pricey too. Using extension tubes is less expensive and can help fill in the gap until one can afford a nice macro lens.

Dang it man, now you have me wanting to move the Canon higher up my priority list... This is certainly going to cut into my seed purchasing addiction!!! :rofl:

Macro lens is definitely on the list, but they can be pricey too. Using extension tubes is less expensive and can help fill in the gap until one can afford a nice macro lens.

Dang it man, now you have me wanting to move the Canon higher up my priority list... This is certainly going to cut into my seed purchasing addiction!!! :rofl:

YEah I have seen Macro lenses going for more than cameras with 3 lenses! I saw a decent older Nikkon with 3 lenses including a macro lens for $400 on craigslist a while back. If I had had the extra money it probably would have found its way home with me :laughtwo: I have abstained from buying seeds for a while now and still havent got extra cash hanging around! I am not sure how I manage that... Oh yeah its winter and oil is pricey!

Probably because it was a quality lens, which is what you want. I use the "kit" lenses (which is just a standard run of the mill lens) and still get decent shots.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for, or in my case what I can afford.

Probably because it was a quality lens, which is what you want. I use the "kit" lenses (which is just a standard run of the mill lens) and still get decent shots.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for, or in my case what I can afford.

Oh yeah you get what you pay for but as you said it all depends on what one can afford. Even that used $400 camera would have been pricey for me. At least to start with. If i was something I really got into it would be money well spent. If not though it would have been a pricey paper weight :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom