Oz's First Grow - Pyramid Tut In Coco

OZ, you can gently push them down if you want. Sometimes they need a little help to stay under water.

Hey Col. Thats what I did my friend. Gentle tap on the head :) Just did it again and 8 are now on the bottom. No tap roots yet but hoping to find some tomorrow :)

Hey oz..... I started using this method of germination during my current grow.
Sir fish cake the great told me about the method. I give them 12 hours in the shot glass. Then on to wet paper towels in a warm dark place. Soon as root is visable I pop them strate in soil/cube/medium
Fishcake goes strate from the 12 hour shot glass into soil and waits for them to sprout.
I think the idea of waiting for root to shoot before removing from the shot glass is a BAD idea. If
There is more than one seed in the shot glass.
That root is very very fragile. Trying to deprecate those seeds once tap roots exposed from the glass to the pots one at a time would be tricky. If there was one seed to each glass no problem..... Just upturn it strate into the coco hole.
Just my opinion mate :)

Also once mine get 12 hours in the glass I expect to see tap root within 24 hours of being on the damp paper towel. Towel beneath and towel on top remembering to keep it constantly damp and not cold

Hey guys...great info from both of my main men :) I watched a 420 video on tube of U and picked up this method so thought I'd give it a whirl. That said, I was planning to put the girls on a nice warm (damp) blanket of ASDA (Fooooking drugies lol) kitchen towel before I hit the sheets myself lol :). Herbies sent the seeds in a black dvd case (ala Dr P ) and I've got a fan heater rocking in the tent as we speak. Guys, I'm SOOOOOOO relying upon you 2 to get me through this lol. Would LOVE to share the end product with you both :high-five: :peace:

Hey there's plenty of help here for u mate..... Give it a fortnight and ul be flying with ur grow. U will learn quick. Dare I say there's not much to it really baring common sense :) it can be as strate forward or complicated as u make it.
Iv never had seeds sent in disguise mine just arrive in a padded envolope.
U don't need to share anything mate...... Just concentrate on getting to the finish line.

Hey guys. Ric, there'll be plenty (I hope) for you too my friend :) ;) Alex my mate, I'm as anal as foooook lol. I worry, panic and stress when "breaking new ground" lol. I know and REALLY appreciate you guys will help me though but growing from seeds freaks me lol. I was "up" for clones and prep'd for them......but this is a REAL curve ball.
Anyway, advice heeded :) 9 beans on the bottom and 1 still bobbin lol. I've put them all on damp kitchen towel, popped them into last Saturdays tandoori container (lol) and covered them with a 2nd layer of damp towel. Wrapped the whole lot in MORE towel and put the fan heater on to keep them warm n cozy. Lights out obviously. Bet they sleep better than ME lol :wood: :tokin:

Consider me subscribed OZ ;)

I couldn't help but notice the duck tape used to reduce the inline to the filter. I also used ducktape, until just the other week the heat traveling through the vent caused it to loose its stickiness and started to leak. I found my tent in the low 90s when I returned home. Only a concern for a fellow grower, I ended up using zipties until I was able to get a big enough hoseclamp!

Stay green my friend! ;)

Consider me subscribed OZ ;)

I couldn't help but notice the duck tape used to reduce the inline to the filter. I also used ducktape, until just the other week the heat traveling through the vent caused it to loose its stickiness and started to leak. I found my tent in the low 90s when I returned home. Only a concern for a fellow grower, I ended up using zipties until I was able to get a big enough hoseclamp!

Stay green my friend! ;)

Good Morning AG. Green wishes to you sir.
It's actually holding some sound proofing on mate lol. The filter is jubilee clipped to a small piece of ducting then to the fan. To try reduce "air flow" noise in the ducting I put some 3mm thick radiator insulation on it.....works a treat :)

That sounds lovely oz. I'd check on them every 6 hours or so. Just peel back the top towel and recover if no shoots.

Goodest of green mornings Alex my mate :) (Christ, I'm coming over all LA there lol :) ). Hardly slept last night lol. Just on my first cup of caffine then I'm ff to check. 9 had sunk by the time I transferred them to the paper so I'm hopeful of a good result :)

Good Morning Sir Light :) How is the Sensi :Namaste: this fine morning? :) And how is the BEAUTIFUL Gert? :circle-of-love:
Yes it's fair to say I've had better nights sleep lol. Nothing showing yet but, that said, spotting white shoots on white kitchen roll isn't easy.....especially with my peepers lol. I've put a small fan heater on low in the tent to raise the temp a touch :) Can't wait to get those little uns into there first cots, errrr I mean pots :)

Lol.... I'm having flash backs to my first grow and how keen I was :)
Sure ul get good turnout from ur seeds ozz. Just don't let the paper towel dry and ur on to a 8-9-10/10 germination
Some may take a few days don't give up on late comers

Hi mate. Just checked an nothing showing yet :( I'm as paranoid as paranoid gets that I fooook it up lol. The paper towels are damp but not soaking wet. It's been 21hrs since they were dropped into the glass.

Back
Top Bottom