Oz's First Grow - Pyramid Tut In Coco

Hi Guys, Jimmy and KJC...welcome aboard :welcome: Well, I wish had news for you all but, as of yet,still no shoots 25.5 hrs after their swimming lesson :)
Alex my mate, I'm not so much "down" as "down right IMPATIENT" lol. Generally speaking, how long should it be before I see shoots? I've upped the temp in the tent a couple of degrees to try and stimulate them into taking their clothes off lol :)

Cheers buddy. If not I'll stick em between my butt cheeks and hatch them myself :rofl: I'm not too worried just yet but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a "tad" concerned lol. My paranoia kicking in lol

Hey my friend just chill, your all good as long as your paper is damp your container is misted and humid. Stop clucking like a mother hen LOL! Your little baby Gert's will be here soon enough. Some beans take a while, remember in nature this process can take years for some seeds to germ. We can aid them and hurry them along, but when all is said and done they are little women in the making and you know how women love to make men wait lol!

Hi mate....wise words indeed :) I think the temp was a bit low. No misting on the taking away carton at all ? I've just dampened the tissue again and "rolled" the girls over.......wouldn't SWEAR to it but I thin I've got one shoot :) So damned hard to tell against the white tissue. Anyway, temps are up now and I've wrapped the carton in more tissue to cut out light and increase insulation. I'll check again in a few hours lol. Once they "hatch" how quickly should I pot them? Are they ok to be left on the tissue for a day whilst the others catch up? Hey, I did warn you I was USELESS :loopy: :peace:

Thank you my mate. I'm going to check again in an hour or two and see what's occurring.
How's the lovely Gert? :love:

Hi Carl. Good to have you on board mate :welcome: By the way, your the 10th sub'd so ALL the girls have now got a 420er lol

Don't tell anyone mate but........she'll be mine too lol :high-five: Sir Light, I know you will help buddy.......I would NEVER have the balls to even try this without you and the 420 guys helping :) As I've said before, it's a joint effort :tokin: lol

I personally, go with once a couple of millimeters of tap root showing I pot up. You can leave em longer as many people do. Leaving longer just makes it easier to get correct placing in medium. Just be soo gentle as they are very delicate. If you can get your tub misting up with some slight condensation you will get them popping nicely.

That's what I did for my first grow and to avoid to much contact with the fragile sprouts, I gently used tweezers to put them root side down into the potting mix. Just don't squeeze them too hard is all.

Hi Col. REALLY glad you brought that up........I was going to ask but felt too dumb if I did lol. :rofl: I've ordered some really cool tweazers for fimming :) They have a little LED light in them that allows you to really focus in on what your "plucking" :)

alright marra, hows it going?

Firstly u can handle the seeds just be very careful, u dont need to use tweezers. ive never used anything but my fingers and never had a prob.

second u need that fan on half strength or so to preserve ur filter. If u have that fan running on full the filter wont do its job properly as too much air will be pulled through it and it will burn filter out faster. This isnt a concern however if like me u replace filters after every grow. general rule is to use a larger filter than fan or use a fan controller to reduce fan speed.

nice little grow space there, cooltubes are much more efficient for running tents than batwings, u get so much more control over ur temps that way.

Nice start thoough.

Hi Mate.....marra lol. Been a while since I was called that :)
Yep, got a speed controller on the fan :) When I first fired it up the neg pressure was so high the tent nearly imploded lol. got it balanced now though. To be honest, I'm hoping for 2 grows out of the filter :)
Good to have you here matey :high-five:

Hey Jimmy, YES mate :) Your math skills know no bounds :thumb: I'm just praying enough "hatch" lol :)

Back
Top Bottom