Paintedbudman's Hydroponic GDP Grow In New Tent And New LED Lights

Day 70 of VEG, Day 0 of Flowering: 31.75" tall. Veg growth is over. Switched everything over to flowering. Filled Reservoir with 18 gallons of distilled water. Used the basic GH nutrient charts for high feed rate week 1 flowering for loading of reservoir. This I added 137ml micro (7.6ml/gal), 119ml grow (6.6ml/gal), and 153 ml grow (8.6ml/gal), 90 ml calmag+(5ml/gal), and 50ml terpinator (2.8ml/gal). Adjusted pH up added ~5-6 ml pH up. Theoretical TDS is 742PPM actual measured is 979PPM. Switched over the lights to bloom setting as well as switched to 1212s. Estimated 10 weeks till finish! I'll post the weekly data dump in a little while. Not feeling the best today so I think I'll take a nap!

Day 71, Day 1 of flowering: 32.5" tall. Sorry this is a day late, but I had friends come into town and just didn't get to it. I can't do measurements at 12PM , I m always out doing something. I switched the time, so the girls wake up at 5 am like always. No pics for this day.

Day 72, Day 2 of flowering: 33.5" tall. Looking very good after the res change. Not eating or drinking quite like she should but I'll give her a little time to get over things. It is a pretty big change for the girl.

Day 74 Day 4 of flowering: 35.75" tall. Big growth spurt. No pistols yet but I'm sure soon. As fast as it is growing and as tall as it already is I am considering topping it or something, so I don't get the girl too close to the lights. I'll probably make a discision on that in a day or two. Any opinions out there on what I might do???? Looks like I have ~24" of vertical space before I actually hit the light. I think I want to stay at least 12" away.

Day 75 Day 5 of flower GDP: 37" tall. Looking very good going into flowering. No pistols yet that I can see but I'll bet I see them within a couple of days. Looking good if I can keep her from getting too close to the lights. :green_heart::cheer::love:Tied what is the main cola now to the center of the upper guide wires. Plan to let it grow a day or two more and the supercrop it right at the upper wire and then lead it along the guide wire top keep it lower. We'll see where this goes.:morenutes:

Day 76 Day 6 of Flower: 37.5" tall. Looking healthy and happy. I will probably bend her over tomorrow I'd like to send it towards the back corner, but I think that might be a bit difficult to mess with after it grows a bit. I'll probably make that decision when I actually super crop her stem.

Well, I'm going to super crop the main growing stem in an effort to keep it from getting too tall and getting up in the lights. The initial plan is to bend it over and send the branch to the back corner of the grow tent. For this I use a small pliers

to gently squeeze the stem,

breaking up the woody structure while trying to damage the surface skin as little as possible. The stem should show bruising but no significant breaks in its surface.

Then the stem can be bent easily to the side at any angle you choose. I ran it back towards the rear corner and then ties it down to the upper guide wire.

I'll continue to lead this towards the back corner. Should reduce the height by ~8 inches. Hopefully that will be enough for my purposes. I'll update on the success of this as the grow continues.

Well, I'm going to super crop the main growing stem in an effort to keep it from getting too tall and getting up in the lights. The initial plan is to bend it over and send the branch to the back corner of the grow tent. For this I use a small pliers

to gently squeeze the stem,

breaking up the woody structure while trying to damage the surface skin as little as possible. The stem should show bruising but no significant breaks in its surface.

Then the stem can be bent easily to the side at any angle you choose. I ran it back towards the rear corner and then ties it down to the upper guide wire.

I'll continue to lead this towards the back corner. Should reduce the height by ~8 inches. Hopefully that will be enough for my purposes. I'll update on the success of this as the grow continues.
:welldone:

Day 78 Day 8 of Flower GDP: 37" tall. Although I shortened the main stem by ~8 inches there were other stems and leaves that were already above the super crop point, so I only lost 2-3 inches of total height. Looking good even after the super cropping. After less then 24 hours all leaves are facing the light and the unbound branch tip has moved to point at the lights as well.

Back
Top Bottom