Kabbal's First Indoor Grow Journal In 6 Years

My First Hydroponic Indoor Grow

After more research it looks like cal mag def. I was only using half recommended dose. I'm going full on it now to see how it will turn out. Some spots of leaves were more light green too. Hope to get this fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I wouldn't be so quick to put it down to a cal mag issue.

It's not that...

If you had a cal mag issue, by this stage in the grow it would be evident on more than one leaf and it would most likely have spread to smaller leaves on the plant.

I'm almost certain that the leaf issue is from nutrient solution being splashed on the leaf whilst watering.

It's always best to step back and give it a few days when you notice an issue with anything to do with your grow. The infected leaf is gone, so the best thing to do is take care to not touch the leaves with nutrients (feed mixed with water) whilst watering and watch for any further deterioration.

Your plants are really healthy fella, great growing.

So coincidentally I was looking up strains that are easier or better to grow for beginners and White Widow was coming up as a top 3. What are your biggest issues that you have had with this strain? I am thinking of picking up some seeds for them. I am going to be reading your journal after I post this up!

Honestly my only issues was at the beginning and it was my fault. Once I figured out how to water and stop being so overprotective, they pretty much grew themselves. I had tight node spacing, was easy to lst. Stretch was maybe twice the veg height so that's cool. They really seem to be user friendly. !00% germ rate and clone also. Got mine from cropkings. If I had to nit pick I guess I would say the seeds look odd. there kinda pale and smallish. like they are not fully mature. They say its the strain. Is that bs? dunno. But they work
Tight nodes may be from my light tho and I would spread the tips down where new growth was.

I wouldn't be so quick to put it down to a cal mag issue.

It's not that...

If you had a cal mag issue, by this stage in the grow it would be evident on more than one leaf and it would most likely have spread to smaller leaves on the plant.

I'm almost certain that the leaf issue is from nutrient solution being splashed on the leaf whilst watering.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I thought that too but I never pour nutrients directly into the medium. I mix it directly in the rez. It has spread to smaller leaves. I thought it might be my light but I'm 18"+ away. This is not happening to my soiled plants using foxfarm of. I do know I have some root root as well... I'm treating it with hydroclear. Should I uproot entire plant to see the root ball ? Is it possible nutrient burn ?

And thank you so much Mono, when I get feed back like this, it makes me take a step back and take a deep breath and say "Its going to be ok". I can't believe how emotionally invested into these plants!

I know how you feel. Its going to be ok. They look great. Just make sure you do your part and let them do theres. ill get a weird leaf once in awhile and no longer freak out about it. As long as my feedings are good and I'm not doing something stupid they will keep on growing.

Day 41
Linda's leaves are getting worse here are pics of her today.
420-magazine-mobile645993344.jpg
420-magazine-mobile207187185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile120157501.jpg
420-magazine-mobile170670920.jpg
I am going to flush and clean the system and redo the nutes. Any advice?

Day 44
Today my grow 48" x 24" x 60" grow tent came in. I plan to use this for cloning and vegging. I also got a 600 w MH and HPS combo coming with both bulbs. For my current 5x5 tent 2 x 400 w LEDs, I plan to keep these in veg until flower and get clones before flowering. Would it be overkill to put the 600 w MH with the 800 W LEDs ?

Also got the trio set for foxfarm nutes. Going to do some reading on this. Photos aren't letting me upload at the moment. I will post later.

Are you using cal-mag?? That looks like cal-mag def toe

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Are you using cal-mag?? That looks like cal-mag def toe

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers
I am using cal mag. I trimmed off all the bad leaves. Hopefully the airstone is making a difference.
Here's Linda (platinum OG)
420-magazine-mobile357190583.jpg

Here's the triplet (chernobyl)
420-magazine-mobile61683118.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1695099130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1721542125.jpg

Here are unknowns from a bag of good seeds:
420-magazine-mobile1703082826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1565115040.jpg

Thank you Torst! I got my temps under control. I changed my lights out period during the hottest part of the day and lights on during cold to keep temps at 72 degree's. Mixing the MH and the LED will be ok? or will this be useless? I dont know much about spectrums and all but the COB LED's are red and blue and some whites. It comes out Blurple but after using the MH I dont see the purple anymore.

Day 42
Finally after the transplant and slight over watering they triplets are looking really good now! Linda starting bushing out a bit more overnight! I also gave her a Rez change. 5.6 pH and 820 ppm with the botanicare nutes. The extra airstone and new pump must have really helped. I have also got the Fox farm trio soil come in the mail and will use them on next feeding. After reading some great first grow journals, I am encouraged to do a scrog net but am wondering if I am too late or if the triplets branches are too long. Here today's photos.
420-magazine-mobile1469497672.jpg

Looking really good fella!

As for your lights the 600 watt hps isn't enough in itself to cover a 5x5 grow tent. I use a 600 in a 4x4 and it provides just enough coverage.

Providing you can keep it cool, your set up is looking good. For flower, I don't believe LED can beat the far red of the hps but with led and hps you will have the best of both worlds :):)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom