Kabbal's First Indoor Grow Journal In 6 Years

Nice plants man!

How do you find soil vs dwc?
Thanks ! I really wish I would have dialed in my environment first with Hydroponics. I could have had amazing grow on the DWC if I had just dialed into the proper water temps and nutrients. Even though I had everything I needed, preparation was the biggest lesson learned. Next time I will have frozen water bottles ready. Next grow will be to do a better job with the DWC and also maybe go with an easier strain. We shall see what happens! Also for anyone thinking Hydro, it definitely requires more attention and time. I am rewarded with mistakes to learn from.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What kind of bucket setup is that? I keep mine simple with 6 inch net pots.

What kind of Temps were you getting?

What kind of bucket setup is that? I keep mine simple with 6 inch net pots.

What kind of Temps were you getting?
It's a Hydrofarm bucket by GH. Top drip DWC. I added a bigger stronger airstone (it never had one) and I swapped out for stronger pump. The temps would be 71 and sometimes be at 74. I also just recently covered the blue tube, which I think may have allowed small amounts of algae. I was able to handle the pH swings but the temps... I was using Hydroguard which was good but also from my research if it gets at a higher temp, it will also invite other bad stuff to the rez.

Yep for sure. This is just my advise so, i'm no expert, but my grow is going awesome, 3rd go at a grow and first in hydro...

Use 6 inch net pots, 5 gal black buckets, and none of that tube up the side BS they try and say you need, you don't. Opening the top for a few seconds to check water level is fine, how else could I ever check PH... Keep it simple, temps in relative check and just WOW! This was my root ball just before Jan 20th when I flipped to 12/12.

Stay with DWC and you will love it man!

root26.jpg

Yep for sure. This is just my advise so, i'm no expert, but my grow is going awesome, 3rd go at a grow and first in hydro...

Use 6 inch net pots, 5 gal black buckets, and none of that tube up the side BS they try and say you need, you don't. Opening the top for a few seconds to check water level is fine, how else could I ever check PH... Keep it simple, temps in relative check and just WOW! This was my root ball just before Jan 20th when I flipped to 12/12.

Stay with DWC and you will love it man!

root26.jpg
Man thank you! This really encourages me for my next grow. Since it's your first hydro, would you do it again? How did you control temps if you are using the MH/hps? That root system is amazing. What kind of nutes and other supplements? And also did you use any Rez guards or beneficials?

All I am currently using is the Advanced Nutrients Micro+Grow+Bloom at half strength changing EVERY res completely 1-2 weeks no longer and refilling as needed. I toss in a 1/2tsp of SM-90 every res change.

I will never do soil again unless it is some special plant and/or a mother. I have a 460cfm in line fan set to LOW due to winter and my flowering temps sit at 21c. In the summer I run my house hold A/C right into my rooms using cool tube hoods sucking the hot air right outside. I have been using a carbon filter due to odor but just took it off, these plants don't stink that bad, yet...

If you asked me a year ago, right now, I would have known nothing AT ALL about growing weed. I ordered my first tent last February!

Monster plants are in your future!

Day 57
As you said Torst, they really started to blow up. I trimmed a bunch of clones and also did some lollipop on them. Here's the update.
Before lollipop
420-magazine-mobile1929592394.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile589543293.jpg

Clones
420-magazine-mobile762123175.jpg

Veg room
420-magazine-mobile1064194492.jpg

Hopefully all will be smooth sailing. If the DWC doesn't make it, I have clones ready.

Thanks! I would actually say hydro is more forgiving! If I have nute burn for example it is just a quick res change and instantly corrected!

She is almost 6 foot tall, lol! Green bar in the back is the remainder of my 6 foot tent.

2017-02-12_21_21_25.jpg

Day 64
It's been 9 days since flipping to 12/12. Man are they starting to really blow up. They are drinking more water. I am pushing P and K. Also every other watering has been just plain pH water with molasses. Here's an update of the triplets. I also put the platinum (linda) DWC into soil and revegged so she can heal. I also bought 4 5 gallong buckets for the next DWC with 6 inch net pots some strong ass pumps and airstones. The clones have yet to root.
420-magazine-mobile809058944.jpg
do you think I need a scrog net? ( I have one ready) here's a close-up, I think it's flowering!!
420-magazine-mobile280754397.jpg

Here's the vegging room.
420-magazine-mobile1814639058.jpg

And here's the new DWC for next grow.
420-magazine-mobile2023843192.jpg
cheers!

Day 68
13 days into flowering. They are really stretching and also I'm seeing them start to take flowering formation. I love coming home to them. After seeing my wife I go straight to my gardening room. Linda is finally acclimated in the soil in the veg room. The triplets that are in flowering are exploding. I still don't know if I need a scrog net? I'm 2 weeks into flower any suggestions ?
420-magazine-mobile2089306581.jpg

Here is the veg room with the babies who are just blowing up. I think I need to transplant soon they are drinking alot of water daily.
420-magazine-mobile1231096368.jpg

Cheers!

Mono my Savior! Just the guy I wanted some attention from. I have extra grow space and want to build a monster plant. I have so many plants that are starting to mature into veg, how do you pick which plant is going to be best to make into your monster? Do you think I need a scrog net on the triplets ?

Mono my Savior! Just the guy I wanted some attention from. I have extra grow space and want to build a monster plant. I have so many plants that are starting to mature into veg, how do you pick which plant is going to be best to make into your monster? Do you think I need a scrog net on the triplets ?

You've made a good choice fella! But you might begin to hate the plant when you've been looking at it for months lol.
I generally just look for the strongest, most vigorous plant of the bunch and give her a veeeeerrrrryyyy long veg time.

So long as you have a good yielding strain and plenty of space to flower you should very easily harvest over a gram per watt :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom