I get home from a week long trip and 13 of 14 clones took and rooted.
20201202_112316.jpg
i took them 2 weeks before our trip and placed in solo cups and BAM!
20201211_214659.jpg
I used this years super soil and they love it. Harley-Tsu is in there too. She was down to 1 clone in hot soil and dying. If you been reading you know my Bonsai's got ravaged by 'pillars by drying my bud in the same room. Whoops! She was all but dead. I chopped her at the dirt and cloned her. It was a long shot. My Harley survives!

One of the growers I used to follow regularly often spoke about using predigested rock powders... this was on the path to high brix gardening. I think your Microbial Phophate Solubilization info is headed into that same territory. Its too late for my brain cells to function now but will catch up on the article later. Glad you were able to save the caterpillar chewed genetics.

Congrats on the new fixture!

All this is real. ;) Here is the outbuilding that stores my soils and compost and amendments and EVERYTHING! It's a mess with me keeping tools on the floor and handy for these looming repairs. The 1000w is still hanging...I am not getting rid of her. She is just too much right now.
20201216_123834.jpg
I am going to clean it out and do one more layer of that Styrofoam all around and start by building a Veg compartment and a bonsai/clone compartment. There is very little room. There will be a 2 foot walkway (standing room only) between these future compartments and the flower chamber. I may resort to blackout fabric.
20201216_123936.jpg
There are my lights. The 2nd TSW2000 will come early summer and will make the flower chamber 6 foot long officially...man it's all dreams right now, ya know? Lots of anxiety contemplating it. Slowly it will coalesce.

I still got some bud hanging from last cut at harvest.
Screenshot_2020-12-17-15-20-16.png
Its just there...this bud will be for concentrates soon. Time permitting. I am currently chopping tops and collecting for a wash.
20201217_152041.jpg
My brother came by and nabbed 1/2 a bag while we were gone. I said "feel free to grab a bit". Well...i know now. ;) It still should amount to some good RSO. After chopping, the remnants go to the flock for picking at.
20201217_152050.jpg

Grow room is still...waiting.

I am totally an outdoor grower...meaning i dont know jack about recreating a suitable environment indoors. I have been devoting a great deal of thought to the endeavor.

Last time i grew in this shack, i didn't supply fresh air. My growth was halted. I watered with compost tea about every 3-4 days. Quality was great but the yield was laughable. This time, fresh air will be supplied by a 4" Vivosun 195 cfm. This intake is going to come in under my 2×2 cabinet i need to build in the corner.

This cabinet is going to have an air intake/baffle at the bottom to allow fresh air in and minimize it's light output. A door is in need. This cabinet needs to be enclosed. Due to room constrictions, no doors on flower chamber. The room itself is more like 6.5×6.5×6 and is...cozy. The passive exhaust will be on the flower side.

This room gets it's air depleted quickly. So fresh air will need to be brought in. I am needing to combat the cold of winter and the heat of summer. I have acquired a Haier 5,000 btu A/C. Its about the smallest you can get and only runs at 4.5 amps. I am acquiring one of those Econohome wall heaters that runs @600w & 3.3 amps. Those heaters have bad reviews solely due to smell. They require an airing out but should work well for the small space. How cold will the cold get? How hot will the hot get? California gets about 28° coldest where I am, to about 114°. I am going to double up the styrofoam already on the walls...and we will see. That fresh air from the outside will be the killer and i can only battle that environmental factor by running at night time during the summer and during the day during winter time. Bridges to cross...

Next trip to the hardware store is for trash cans to house my soil mixings that are hindering my full access in thr shack, and some lumber to start framing out that cabinet. As soon as that gets done, the kids can graduate rooms and my grow officially goes indoors.

There will be some rewiring of some lights and new PC fans needed for the cabinet's exhaust. This should be interesting, to say the least.

-Edit- just placed Amazon order. The fan and heater are on their way.

Scrolling through the start of this thread I am reminded of the failed seed starts. Nothing has allowed that to be possible. They all get root bound in solo cups and die...meh. I am not desperate for seeds. I am very lucky. The clones however are still plugging along.
20201220_223446.jpg
It may seem like it's taking forever, because it is. Nights are getting down to 57 and days get to 63. These little ladies are almost in a cryogenic stasis. This is giving me time to just relax and up pot soon. They will be replacing the damaged bonsai mothers and the duplicate(s)? I thought about trying to reverse one with colloidal...but i need to focus present efforts at getting to the shack...the...sugar shack. ;)

My fan arrived today.
20201228_175801.jpg

Not top of the line, just hoping it works.

Thus it sits in my pile of equipment, waiting...
20201228_175842.jpg

Those grocery bags are extract bud. 2 bags of THC and 1 of CBD. :)
20201228_175910.jpg
That's the last of the Harley-Tsu.

The clones are more than ready for their transplant.
20201228_004433.jpg
They should be getting their forever homes in a couple days. Temps at the clones stays around 60ish. Lows of 56. They are slowly and patiently waiting for me. :)

Happy New Year, bro!
Hello Patient Puffer, new member here but well versed on the shed grow. I have split my flowering areas up to run alternately. I run 4 315cmh, 2 at night and 2 in day in 3x3. This balances the thermal output of the shed. I also use a 4” fan set on a thermostat for 73 to exhaust air out. My intake is on the opposite side of the shed and is passive though could be made active. All 4 tents exhaust into the room using 6 “ fans w filter. I run them all 240 v to cut amperage. I also have an ac unit and is unplugged. I have no heater and it’s yet to drop below 70 even when it was 15 out. This may be an issue if high humidity and in full flowering. Probably have to use the ax at that point. I can also change back to magnetic ballast if needed for heat but don’t think it’s necessary. One of the best tools is my roll around stool that mechanics use. I’m sure there’s some things that I’ve forgot too. Happy New Year to you, looking forward to seeing your progress!

Back
Top Bottom