Kingston's Perpetual Grow & Juice Bar - LED - 11 Strains

Thanks for dropping in Cannalicious.

I haven't tried honey but I know other have and I believe it would work. It prevents rotting stem and provides energy to help growth of new roots.

The two most important things I've found have been choosing strong cuttings to clone and light foliar feeds to keep leaves healthy until cutting roots.

Of corse!!!! Yes!!! I'm gonna try this, love anything organic and raw. Very good insight on choosing clones I will take note thank you

Grow With Me - My Grow Journey

Lazy Rainy Saturday update

These aren't the finished weights. Still about another day or two before jarring. But I pulled the buds off the Black Cherry Sodas and checked the weight anyway.

The smaller of the two, a little over 1.5 oz. That will probably drop below that but still be very close. And sticky, very sticky.
20170204_154839.jpg

The larger one over 2 oz. That will almost definitely drop below 2 oz. but still be close enough I can round up. :) :slide:
20170204_154855.jpg

More reflections as I close out this grow. I have been trying to grow my plants too large for their containers.
BCS were two plants that I 'rushed' into flower a little early to keep things moving along. White Widows and Hash Bomb 8s were also rushed. Hash Bomb 2s and Criticals were bigger plants going in. Yet the bigger yields were from the smaller plants. White Widows only yielded 27 gr, but that was 2 weeks early. Hash Bomb 2s really over grew their containers and are suffering woes because of it. 3 of them I culled because of problems. Criticals are known producers though. The first run nearly kept pace with BCS and current brix run is amazing already at 6 weeks. Two had decent yields but they really struggled in final weeks. Third was only 22 gr. I can't be sure but I think that one started as biggest of 3.
Now that I'm aware of it I'm noticing that other growers plants are smaller compared to pot size. I've upgraded my soil and seen some improvement, and getting more improvements from my high brix soil. Environment is still a work in progress, but I am seeing improvement from changes I've made so far. I've put a lot of energy into choosing the best plants to clone for this grow. The lesson for today, using bigger pots, seems so obvious now that it's both humbling and empowering. I feel like a fool, but I'm pretty sure from now on I'll be less of one. :)
:Namaste:

Thanks for dropping in Cannalicious.

I haven't tried honey but I know other have and I believe it would work. It prevents rotting stem and provides energy to help growth of new roots.

The two most important things I've found have been choosing strong cuttings to clone and light foliar feeds to keep leaves healthy until cutting roots.

Cutting the roots? When transplanting?

And then there were none....

The last 6 plants came down today. A final view:

Hash Bomb #8 actually looking like mature plants. I really had to steel myself to squeeze the pruners. Kept thinking "but they're so pretty, can't I wait a week?" I could, but I didn't.
20170205_101740.jpg

Hash Bomb #2 looking like a hurricane hit. Probably could have gone another week at least but wouldn't have made much difference. Time to make a clean sweep of the tent.
20170205_101735.jpg

Hash Bomb #4 looking more impressive than she is. Those buds are 70% air and the mother yielded under 2 grams of oil per ounce and pretty crappy oil at that. So no point it letting her go full term. Probably better off just letting my rabbits turn her back into fertilizer but I'll see what oil I can squeeze out of her.
20170205_101748.jpg

I processed the 5 Hash Bombs together. The last plant is small White Widow Groundhogs Day Tree. (in photo with HB2). I didn't bother checking trichs. She looks close enough, too small to matter much.

And now I have one side tent mite free! :cheer: (after a little sweeping and quick spray.)

Weigh in of the plants. Both HB8s should yield over 2 oz each. Not quite as sticky as BCS, should still have good oil yield also. HB2s should yield about 1.25 oz. HB4 may yield 1.5 oz, but that's including a lot of leaf. WW I just flowered her for fun as late start christmas tree. She may surprise me with close to an oz. like my SOG experiment did.
20170205_103215.jpg

All hanging to dry. End of the week I'll get final yield and we'll be done here. This grow didn't quite live up to expectations I set at beginning. I still feel good about the way it finished. I didn't get the total yield I wanted. But over the course of grow I got a lot more things straightened out to eliminate many of the problems I've been having. And I confirmed I have a couple proven producers to keep cloning, developed the confidence to get rid of underperforming plants instead of feeling like I have to save every single one. But my motto will always be "No runt left behind."
20170205_114956.jpg

And then there were none....

The last 6 plants came down today. A final view:

Hash Bomb #8 actually looking like mature plants. I really had to steel myself to squeeze the pruners. Kept thinking "but they're so pretty, can't I wait a week?" I could, but I didn't.
20170205_101740.jpg

Hash Bomb #2 looking like a hurricane hit. Probably could have gone another week at least but wouldn't have made much difference. Time to make a clean sweep of the tent.
20170205_101735.jpg

Hash Bomb #4 looking more impressive than she is. Those buds are 70% air and the mother yielded under 2 grams of oil per ounce and pretty crappy oil at that. So no point it letting her go full term. Probably better off just letting my rabbits turn her back into fertilizer but I'll see what oil I can squeeze out of her.
20170205_101748.jpg

I processed the 5 Hash Bombs together. The last plant is small White Widow Groundhogs Day Tree. (in photo with HB2). I didn't bother checking trichs. She looks close enough, too small to matter much.

And now I have one side tent mite free! :cheer: (after a little sweeping and quick spray.)

Weigh in of the plants. Both HB8s should yield over 2 oz each. Not quite as sticky as BCS, should still have good oil yield also. HB2s should yield about 1.25 oz. HB4 may yield 1.5 oz, but that's including a lot of leaf. WW I just flowered her for fun as late start christmas tree. She may surprise me with close to an oz. like my SOG experiment did.
20170205_103215.jpg

All hanging to dry. End of the week I'll get final yield and we'll be done here. This grow didn't quite live up to expectations I set at beginning. I still feel good about the way it finished. I didn't get the total yield I wanted. But over the course of grow I got a lot more things straightened out to eliminate many of the problems I've been having. And I confirmed I have a couple proven producers to keep cloning, developed the confidence to get rid of underperforming plants instead of feeling like I have to save every single one. But my motto will always be "No runt left behind."
20170205_114956.jpg

Loving your motto "no runt left behind" you never know they can surprise you! Congrats on your harvest ✊

Grow With Me - My Grow Journey

Messing Things Up Again update

Finally got my operation down to a manageable size and I got to thinking (always dangerous.) Hash Bomb 8 is clearly my favorite from this grow, and by luck she is the one I made seeds with during my summer/fall grow, about 30. Plus I have another 20 from several crosses with my HB males. Now I'm itchin to get my pheno hunt going. No room right now, and I already have all the plants going for my next round, and a White Widow SOG planned, and I can't seem to stop making clones even though I don't need any more. I don't think I'm ready for a full-on breeding project but damn if that seed wasn't planted in my brain way back when I discovered the first male.

Actually it started when I placed the order. I could have ordered fem seeds but I deliberately ordered regulars with breeding in mind. HB description lists 5% CBD 15% THC and high yields. Not sure how I expected to improve on that, more like a fantasy at that point. Now that I've grown it twice and found 4 distinct phenos out 5 female seedling I'm building a list. Considering that it doesn't seem to be a very well fixed strain stabilizing the genetics might be a good idea. But what interests me most is seeing just how much variety I can find among those 30 seeds.

Some of what I'm looking for:
1. Oil production. I use almost all of what I grow for making oil, so yield really needs to be measured by amount of oil produced.
1b. CBD. I want THC dominant but with a little more CBD, about 2:1 instead of 3:1 that breeder lists. I need to get one of the buds I just harvested tested to confirm what levels I'm starting with. This batch is worthy of $70 for testing.
2. Sour smell. This strain doesn't have a lot of odor, but each plant developed sour smell late in flower. Limonene is a good antidepressant, so this is a priority for me.
3. Growth habits just like the plants I just harvested, good branching but able to support itself. Breeder's description calls this an indica dom strain. HB8 is least sativa-ish of phenos I grew, but still seems slightly more sativa than indica, which is what I want.
4. Bloom period under 10 weeks. Breeder listed 6-8 weeks but 9 is shortest of phenos I had (yes, HB8) but one went 14 and could have gone longer.

Just a start of list that I will keep building.
Next is to work out logistics of grow so that I will still have a vegging clone and seeds of the one I finally identify as 'the one'. Or maybe 'the two or three' in case I decide to pursue that breeding program.

The Final Tally

Now it's really over. The buds are waiting to be made into oil and the stems are being composted by 3 voracious bunnies.

Started with pleasant surprise from White Widow mini-tree. I my have predicted nearly an ounce but didn't really expect to get it from this little one.
20170215_195140.jpg

Hash Bomb #2 clones came in as expected, a little over an ounce each.
20170215_200413.jpg
20170215_200700.jpg

Hash Bomb #4 at 1.5 ounces, but a lot of that is leaf.
20170215_201207.jpg

And the moment we've all been waiting for... (drum roll please :tommy:)
Hash Bomb clones (formerly known as #8 but now the only HB, except for her seeds) both just shy of 2 oz. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that they didn't break 2 oz goal I set. On the other hand I grew 3 plants in 1 sq.ft. each that came really close, equivalent to over 550 gr per m^2 which matches breeder specs. So time for another happy dance. :party:
20170215_201733.jpg
20170215_202052.jpg

Of course the real harvest is the ongoing gift of life thanks to this herb.

:thanks: Thank you all for following.

Vape Report and Signing Off

Realized that I haven't been doing my quality control testing for a while. I've been so focused on making it all into oil and taking the oil that I haven't worried about potency. Last test confirmed that 2nd run was much stronger than 1st, and I kind of assume same is true of all my plants now.

Hash Bomb is CBD strain and I've wondered what it would be like recreationally. First grow I couldn't tell if it was weak because of CBD blocking psychoactive effects or if it was just weak.

This test of HB8 wasn't weak. It produced a lot more vapor than 1st grow. Taste is still mild like hay with a bit of sour. First effects were body tingles and slight mood lift/energy boost with very clear head. I thought great! I can use this stuff all day. About an hour later it started affecting my mind also. I was still aware but focusing was harder. It was kind of like a strong high on training wheels. Overall it felt unbalanced, more interesting than good. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

Giving it another try with microdosing. I took 2 hits off same abv herb. A little too strong for work. I'll try single hit tomorrow. Also making oil with it this week, so I'll see if I can go back to taking suppositories during day, which is what I grew it for in first place.

And now I'm messaging mods to move this journal to completed.
:thanks::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom