Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Evenin bud,.....how will you mix Noob,..got a mini washer , or will you do it by hand , mixer etc.? May i just say one thing .....go for quality , NOT quantity. That's what this is about...takes a lot to make a little. Any Q's Noob, you fire away my friend...and i mean any Q's. OK. Cheers bud Have an awesome night Noob and friends.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

I was planning on mixing by hand. I don't have the mixer. Yet.
I was just going to do it by hand with a wooden spoon. I don't want any green in there. Since I dried out the trim and popcorn, how will I tell if there is chlorophyll in there. Usually you can tell from the green in the color right?

Take good pictures now and have fun. One of these days I'm gonna be around when someone makes hash. I'd love to watch this being done, to jump in and lend a hand.

I was just going to do it by hand with a wooden spoon. I don't want any green in there. Since I dried out the trim and popcorn, how will I tell if there is chlorophyll in there. Usually you can tell from the green in the color right?
Morning Noob, When you mix it up like that here's what to do.....mix vigorously for 15-20 minutes in the blue( 220 micron work bag). Don't worry about the green color , if there is any...most , or nearly all of that "green" will be just chlorophyll that evaporates as it dries overnight and the next day OK.The bags will filter out any dirt and or plant matter from the resin. When you scoop it off the screens (bottom of bags) put it on a paper towel bunch (many folded over ) to absorb most of the water. Then be sure to put it on some cardboard (just like my BH tut) and sort of chop mit up into smaller pcs. keep moving it around every hour or so to get a dryer part of the cardboard ...got it. The next day it's ready to try. Keep in mind Noob, not all weed produces full melting hash. The trick to get the absolute best quality is not to beat the living crap out of it but just mix it round and round changing directions and getting the sides really good.If your bags are the five gal. one's then i suggest using a cut off broom handle or a pc. of 1" wooden dowel (i use) with the edges rounded off a bit so ya can't hurt the work bag. The finished product should send you into space...have fun my friend......you got some help? Cheers Noob and gang.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Oh ya Noob, should of said....the color your looking for the next day is a brownish golden color. Take a pc. in your hand...let it warm up a lil,....is it goey and flexible , see if you can mold it into shapes, if you can your golden. Take a look at a pc. under a scope....should look just like a kids bubblebath....that's what your goal is! cheers.

Morning Noob, When you mix it up like that here's what to do.....mix vigorously for 15-20 minutes in the blue( 220 micron work bag). Don't worry about the green color , if there is any...most , or nearly all of that "green" will be just chlorophyll that evaporates as it dries overnight and the next day OK.The bags will filter out any dirt and or plant matter from the resin. When you scoop it off the screens (bottom of bags) put it on a paper towel bunch (many folded over ) to absorb most of the water. Then be sure to put it on some cardboard (just like my BH tut) and sort of chop mit up into smaller pcs. keep moving it around every hour or so to get a dryer part of the cardboard ...got it. The next day it's ready to try. Keep in mind Noob, not all weed produces full melting hash. The trick to get the absolute best quality is not to beat the living crap out of it but just mix it round and round changing directions and getting the sides really good.If your bags are the five gal. one's then i suggest using a cut off broom handle or a pc. of 1" wooden dowel (i use) with the edges rounded off a bit so ya can't hurt the work bag. The finished product should send you into space...have fun my friend......you got some help? Cheers Noob and gang.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Oh ya Noob, should of said....the color your looking for the next day is a brownish golden color. Take a pc. in your hand...let it warm up a lil,....is it goey and flexible , see if you can mold it into shapes, if you can your golden. Take a look at a pc. under a scope....should look just like a kids bubblebath....that's what your goal is! cheers.

Duggan, My man Mad +REPS for this. Something in the way you explained that hit home for me.

Thank you.---------------------:volcano-smiley:------------------:thanks:

Noob it looks like you're gonna have a couple tickets on a Space Shuttle man. Can't wait til this goes down so I can take a peek.

Thanks for the tips. I was teetering on the edge of whether I was going to just make dry ice hash since I wasn't feeling very confident in my bubble making abilities. But you come along and make me want to say to myself: "Fuck it! I'm making bubble hash! Quit being lazy, Noob!" :rofl:

Thanks duggs

Cheers

The great thing about using water for your Bubble hash bags is that water tends to be more efficient in binding Chlorophyll than the oil/wax/trichome does. It also doesn't have the downside most solvents have in regards to how long your material sits in it for. Alcohol, butane and the rest are incredibly aggressive and fast at stripping Chlorophyll and blending it with your extracted oil. The other advantage is that you have a layered micron system which is collecting things at specific sizes.. letting anything else not meeting that criteria slip through. The drier your material when making Bubble Hash the higher you Chlorophyll content would be. So letting them have a good 10 minute soak is of nothing more than an advantage. Only when using ICE cold water though. That way you are saturating the material as thoroughly as possible and at the same time making all the oil and resin content harden and easier to separate from the plant material itself.

I do things slightly different to Dugz in my collection method but not so much as it's worth mentioning here. I'll be sure to do a tutorial video on my next harvest in the next 5 weeks or so. I will say this though... In regard to full melt. I have found personally there are two factors that greatly dictate full melt or semi melt hash. The first. When you run it. Fresh cut or Cured. Fresh cut produces INCREDIBLY sticky hard to manage hash. Gloves are essential or you'll simply waste product on your skin. It is also harder to cure because it's more difficult to thin or spread out without knowing the right processes. With that said it makes some of the finest bubble I've yet to smoke. Secondly the micron bag itself. The 73 and 90 bags have produced full melt every time. This is regardless if I turn with a spoon, a mini washing machine, or a cement attachment to my Power drill. The result is the same. Hope I added something and didn't just create confusion :) It's early in the morning here in Aotearoa

The great thing about using water for your Bubble hash bags is that water tends to be more efficient in binding Chlorophyll than the oil/wax/trichome does. It also doesn't have the downside most solvents have in regards to how long your material sits in it for. Alcohol, butane and the rest are incredibly aggressive and fast at stripping Chlorophyll and blending it with your extracted oil. The other advantage is that you have a layered micron system which is collecting things at specific sizes.. letting anything else not meeting that criteria slip through. The drier your material when making Bubble Hash the higher you Chlorophyll content would be. So letting them have a good 10 minute soak is of nothing more than an advantage. Only when using ICE cold water though. That way you are saturating the material as thoroughly as possible and at the same time making all the oil and resin content harden and easier to separate from the plant material itself.

I do things slightly different to Dugz in my collection method but not so much as it's worth mentioning here. I'll be sure to do a tutorial video on my next harvest in the next 5 weeks or so. I will say this though... In regard to full melt. I have found personally there are two factors that greatly dictate full melt or semi melt hash. The first. When you run it. Fresh cut or Cured. Fresh cut produces INCREDIBLY sticky hard to manage hash. Gloves are essential or you'll simply waste product on your skin. It is also harder to cure because it's more difficult to thin or spread out without knowing the right processes. With that said it makes some of the finest bubble I've yet to smoke. Secondly the micron bag itself. The 73 and 90 bags have produced full melt every time. This is regardless if I turn with a spoon, a mini washing machine, or a cement attachment to my Power drill. The result is the same. Hope I added something and didn't just create confusion :) It's early in the morning here in Aotearoa

My trim and popcorn is drying in paper bags right now. I open the bag and move them around to prevent mold. I wish that it smelled better. I'm not too worried about the taste though. I just want it to kick my ass when I add some to a bowl or put it in my hash pipe.
Crap! Now I have that Weezer song stuck in my head. :rofl:

Damn Growlow.
Just when I thought Duggan took me to the next level. Here you come along and drop some more knowledge. Fantastic to know that info man.

Hard to believe there is so much knowledge at hand
:green_heart: ( In the folds and cracks of beautifully burnt minds ) :green_heart:
and all you really need to figure out is who's got it and how to correctly apply it.

Damn Growlow.
Just when I thought Duggan took me to the next level. Here you come along and drop some more knowledge. Fantastic to know that info man.

:green_heart: ( In the folds and cracks of beautifully burnt minds ) :green_heart:
and all you really need to figure out is who's got it and how to correctly apply it.

That's right jacob. Soak that shit up like a sponge. I wish my memory was better so I could just read this stuff and apply it. But I have to blog it or I forget. Lots of genius growers here. Soon, we will be up there too if we learn and apply.
Cheers Jacob

High there Noob! Bubble hash is fun to make! Nis and I used a cheap dollar store electric hand mixer. I think it was about $10. It made it a bit easier that way. Have a great night bud!

My favorite Montana! I might try the mixer but I'm worried it will agitate the trim too much too fast. But then again, bubbleman and Duggan use what looks like a tiny washing machine. Did you guys get a good yield?

Damn Growlow.

The great thing about this place is you can get perspective from all different kinds of tweaks or differences in the methodology in extraction. At the end of the day you have to do what works for you. I don't believe there is any 1 specific RIGHT way to do any type of extraction. What I can say is it takes patience and a gentle hand. Any lazy or impatient approach and you've wasted you energy before you even started ;)

My favorite Montana! I might try the mixer but I'm worried it will agitate the trim too much too fast. But then again, bubbleman and Duggan use what looks like a tiny washing machine. Did you guys get a good yield?

That's whats great about a cement mixer. You get the ratio of ice/water/material right it creates this vortex where it is the agitation of the ice rubbing on the material due to the force from the vortex made from the cement mixing attachment moreso than the agitation from the attachment itself. I've done it enough times to stare at it making sure I wasn't getting lazy and getting the bag caught up in the mixer to speak from experience. The mini washing machine that coast about 80 bucks is the way to go if you want no fuss no hassle. It's literally fill up and flick a switch, drain her off and Boom! You're done :)

OK Noob....lets get one thing out of the way right now ...Bubblehash is about the quality, NOT the quantity. If ya want lots just beat it harder, longer....not me...it's all about how good you can make it...not how much! I heard Mark (bubbleman) in one of his first vids say that on the Average...there's one once to one and a half ounces of resin /pound of weed...buds. He is referring to the best product with an average mix time......cuz it's all about the mix time. Make sure to use lots of ice. Have two bags to get everything rolling at first then use one bag / run. The beauty of making it ...you develop your own methods, and do what YOU like. I have always made it like the BM . GL has figured his own little twists on things that work awesome for him....for example GL likes the 73 micron and the 90....so do i,...but i just omit the 90 bag ...and catch all that in the 73, then i omit the 45 bag and insert the last one...the 25,...she gets all the 45 and the 25, right at the end. So if ya have an eight bag set ...i find it way too time consuming to do a lot of multiple runs with all eight bags, just omit three of em. Less time same great hash...just not as many grades , or flavors.
I liked what Growlow said about the solvent thing...i agree 100% GL...good call my brotha, something about nice clean, and SAFE to make hash , without all the risks associated with things that blow up! Noob, i want you to look at the BH thru a good scope before you mess with it too much ...have a look at it , as soon as ya put the first scoop on the CB. It will put a smile on your face...it looks so cool bud...just like a lil bubble bath, all the gland heads, stuck together , but unbroken, intact, for your pleasure....i've seen heaven in them there bubbles...:slide:
Hope everyone had a great Fri.....a nice evening too!:circle-of-love:

Oh just read GL's there...ya i just love my little washer. When ya spend the better part of a day bent over , hand mixing...you soon buy one...trust me!:thumb:

....GL likes the 73 micron and the 90....so do i,...but i just omit the 90 bag ...and catch all that in the 73, then i omit the 45 bag and insert the last one...the 25,...she gets all the 45 and the 25, right at the end. So if ya have an eight bag set ...i find it way too time consuming to do a lot of multiple runs with all eight bags, just omit three of em. Less time same great hash...just not as many grades , or flavors.....

Great minds think a like bloke. I do the exact same thing. When you have good product, handled properly and mixed for the right amount of time with the right level of agitation makes for some really gorgeous blonde dust to play with Once you do a handful of runs you start removing bags. It seems to be the natural process for anyone I know who has done it more than a dozen times. We're not too different after all mate ;)

Great minds think a like bloke. I do the exact same thing. When you have good product, handled properly and mixed for the right amount of time with the right level of agitation makes for some really gorgeous blonde dust to play with Once you do a handful of runs you start removing bags. It seems to be the natural process for anyone I know who has done it more than a dozen times. We're not too different after all mate ;)

Feels good ,..very good GL, we are on the same page , I'm sure you and i could burn a few and have a few pops talking about just this my friend. We aint different....we just live half a world away...is all. Sending along some smiles and cheer my friend!:high-five::Namaste:

Feels good ,..very good GL, we are on the same page , I'm sure you and i could burn a few and have a few pops talking about just this my friend. We aint different....we just live half a world away...is all. Sending along some smiles and cheer my friend!:high-five::Namaste:

Mate I would certainly thoroughly enjoy myself. The shit we could talk about over a run or two ;)

For the amount of leaves we used we got a pretty good yeild.
Eh, you had pretty good leafs to start with too.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Back
Top Bottom