Pennywise Strikes Again

I’d like to deer hunt given the right circumstances.
I haven’t carried a rifle in years or bought a licence in even longer. When the idiot PM here in the 90s decided that the way to stop gun violence was to have “long gun” owners register their firearms, WITH the caveat that they couldn’t be passed on (willed) to someone without a possession permit, I decided “GFY” and “catch me if ya can”. If brains were gunpowder, that PM didn’t have enough to blow his nose.

I haven‘t bought a licence since 97 and 2007 was the last time I carried a gun in the woods.

For several years I was on the Ohio river at least once a week 12 months a year. Sauger, Walleye, White Bass and Hybrid Stripers. My neighbors would hide from me if they saw me heading their way with a package. Lol

Not a lot of fresh water game fish here :( Speckled trout everywhere, some small mouth bass, some chain pickerel and migratory species like Atlantic Salmon, Brown Trout and Rainbows.

Oh and stripers

but if you have a boat and not prone to sea sickness, excellent salt water fishing here...

Hybrids up to maximum of 15lbs, the Ohio River has a huge population of Gizzard Shad and SkipJack Herring. The hybrids grow unbelievably quick but die at around 3-4 years of age limiting over all size. A 15 pound Hybrid is a frigging beast!

Hybrids up to maximum of 15lbs, the Ohio River has a huge population of Gizzard Shad and SkipJack Herring. The hybrids grow unbelievably quick but die at around 3-4 years of age limiting over all size. A 15 pound Hybrid is a frigging beast!
I have caught a very few 10 pounders.
15 would definitely be a damn beast.

Back
Top Bottom