Sometimes, ya just get a dud. :confused:

But I don't think I've seen a rave about OE yet. I have a couple seeds - just saw them again as I went through the next choices - but they keep getting passed over.

Has anyone grown a great one yet.?
I'm glad you said something, I have a pack of OE in my stash.

I have to believe that my experience with OE is not typical. Between getting the male out of a FEM pack and the other basically a hemp plant, I would think it's pretty abnormal. Ace is definitely a top quality breeder and the OE I harvested can't possibly be representative of the strain they're trying to promote.

That being said, it did turn me off of the strain. Too many other quality strains to grow!

Maybe you guys will have better luck than I did? :goodluck:

YOU WIN SOME & YOU LOSE SOME! :rolleyes:

I was checking on the Bubba Hash & Orient Express buds in the fridge last night, neither of which are dry enough to jar, yet, but are getting close.

The OE buds are pretty very extremely disappointing. They're really fluffy & airy in addition to the lack of trichs.

So, I took out a couple sample buds last night for a quick-dry and tested them this morning.

Again, disappointing! :(

I'm sure glad the other OE turned out male and got replaced with those premium Platinum Cake buds cuz' I'd happily take the 1 3/4 ounce of the PCake over a whole 8 z's, or so (if two plants), of the OE buds which will likely all go into the trim pile for RSO. TBH, I'm not sure how much it's even worth for oil.

I didn't expect much and it was one of the few strains I culled before sampling, but it didn't even meet my low expectations.

It sure wasn't the light, nutes, or environment which did great by the other strains!

At least it checks another strain off the list for me!

Happy Harvests!

K
Very weird eh Krip. Do u remember my Desfran grow journal........i harvested 9 good ounces and about 16 very bad resinless ounces that eventually got tossed...not even enough resin to try running it thru my hash bags.Very dissapointing , to say the least.
Never try that strain again...was supposed to be some elite sativa...pfft!

I had to dig but I found some pics of the Orient Express I ran. It was a 50/50 pheno. It had good to very good resin production. It was one that needed a good cure to really shine. I had good feedback on it but it wasn't one I found special. There are better choices for sure.

This is just one of the great things we all appreciate about this forum. We get to see how strains behave and produce. I know , i will never run that OE in my garden, thank you Krip.
Just like no body here will ever likely run that miserable Desfran i did a few yrs. back...same thing gang...NO resin at all, like a freak pheno ...guess it happens , but all the same , no OE in my future. cheers gang.

Just like no body here will ever likely run that miserable Desfran i did a few yrs. back...same thing gang...NO resin at all, like a freak pheno ...

That Desfran wasn't a freak. I ran one too, remember? :straightface: ... mutter ... :cough: piece of chit ...

That Desfran wasn't a freak. I ran one too, remember? :straightface: ... mutter ... :cough: piece of chit ...
Oh crap...thats right! But wasn't that a straight Destroyer u ran Gray? Desfran is Destroyer X Destroyer.

Oh crap...thats right! But wasn't that a straight Destroyer u ran Gray? Desfran is Destroyer X Destroyer.

Nope, it was the "fabulous" Desfran from Dutch Passion, supposedly Cannabiogen's Destroyer x Destroyer. I've run three Destroyers from seed, and not one of them was anything like that weed DP sold us. If they bred that stuff on purpose, they're incompetent.

Thanks for the Kind LED review. Really well done. They just sent me one and a 5x9 tent to do something similar on Instagram (got the light, still waiting on the tent). I'm going to do a side by side against the HLG 550 V2r with at least 2 different sets of the same clones under each light with (to the best of my ability) identical conditions.

I've got 2 HLG 550 V2r's in a 5x9 and another HLG 550 V2 in a 4x4. I was planning on doing a bit of rearranging and running the 550 V2 against the 1000W HPS in a side by side in one of the big tents and run the Kind LED against the 550 V2r at about the same time in another big tent. Bottom line, one way or the other, I'm going to be testing some shit :cool:

I had to dig but I found some pics of the Orient Express I ran. It was a 50/50 pheno. It had good to very good resin production. It was one that needed a good cure to really shine. I had good feedback on it but it wasn't one I found special. There are better choices for sure.

Now, that's something I would have been happy with! :welldone:

That's a great specimen of OE but, interestingly, it doesn't look anything like the breeder's pic!

Here's what ACE shows it as:

My colas actually looked at lot like the breeder's pic, they just didn't develop into anything worthwhile.

Here's one of mine:

Wanna trade??? :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for the Kind LED review. Really well done. They just sent me one and a 5x9 tent to do something similar on Instagram (got the light, still waiting on the tent). I'm going to do a side by side against the HLG 550 V2r with at least 2 different sets of the same clones under each light with (to the best of my ability) identical conditions.
Very nice! :high-five:

You should journal it here, too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom