Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Pretty damn handy with that hole saw FE. :)

I made a similar cloning tub years back but didn't use those foam inserts. Just drilled a bunch of holes a little bigger than the stems and connected them with cuts between a few holes here and there so they can be removed without ripping off the roots. Worked good last time I used it and I'm thinking of using it again. Holds 24 and I want at least that many if not more for a DWC SoG I'm starting ASAP.

I might only use 12 for the SoG but not all might root and if I have leftovers my buddy would take 4 or 5. Would be a lot easier than doing them in ProMix like my usual way. Just have to figure out what to use in the water to help them root. I think I used 1/10th strength 3-part nutes with a bit of peroxide the last time and all rooted.

CloningTubLid.jpg

L8r

Sweet setup. just like mine so simple.. they just work... I had like 200 ppm of nutes and GH root enhance like just 10ml. That's it. No gel or powder just cut them scraped one side of stock and put them in. 10 days to success! damn 24 clones is a lot!

Funny part is I have nothing needing clones at the moment.. ROFL I just needed to make the smaller VEG tub so I figured might as well at the same time!

:peace:
FE

Awesome update FE. Congrats on scoring the Blue Lab Meter. I really want one of those. Maybe for Xmas. :) I love the cloner. I will be building mine this next week and giving it a run. Where did you find the 3 gallon tub? Wally world?

OMU, I like your cloner as well. Good luck on your SoG project. I love the idea of a SoG. If I ever go to soil I will def try that.

FE it tells me that my vote has already been entered. I did that weeks ago. I hope a few more do it and it shows up. This is a first rate journal by all accounts imho.:)

Awesome update FE. Congrats on scoring the Blue Lab Meter. I really want one of those. Maybe for Xmas. :) I love the cloner. I will be building mine this next week and giving it a run. Where did you find the 3 gallon tub? Wally world?

OMU, I like your cloner as well. Good luck on your SoG project. I love the idea of a SoG. If I ever go to soil I will def try that.

FE it tells me that my vote has already been entered. I did that weeks ago. I hope a few more do it and it shows up. This is a first rate journal by all accounts imho.:)

Home depot on the tub.. It was double the price on amazon... weird... Lowe's nope... Wally world.. nope... just Sterelite and they seem like too stiff of plastic i don't want cracks. Rubbermaid ;).

Thanks for the kind words. I hope my odd writing and occasional curses don't turn people away. But if i was starting to grow I would think my journals would be of good use ;)

FE

With out a doubt. There are so many things that I would have done differently looking back. I just did not read enough I guess. But really the best teacher is experience. I am pretty much coping your cloner and following whatever OMU tells me to do. :) Thanks for your journal and for being you brother! :Namaste:

With out a doubt. There are so many things that I would have done differently looking back. I just did not read enough I guess. But really the best teacher is experience. I am pretty much coping your cloner and following whatever OMU tells me to do. :) Thanks for your journal and for being you brother! :Namaste:

Thanks for giving me a warm smile. I appreciate you checking my page religiously. You help keep me motivated to keep posting.

Thanks Bama for being you and involved. I try hard to help with the little I have to offer yet.

You are right.. Experience is it. Everyone has a different grow room and set up so no one plan works for all. But when you get to the point like i am now where there is nothing really to do in the grow room. Well that is a good thing ;).

That being said I get worried before going in the grow room every night ...lol

FE

Brighter.. Softer?

10-2-2015

Goouuud Evening....

Ok so tonight I wanted to start off by saying i did a slight defol last night. 5 leaves on the PC and 10 leaves each on the N1's and was very happy to find not a single bug. That was the reason I started defoling. I was looking for them. This is the time they showed in flower last time. I had an epiphany to check.

Ok so the stats...

10-02-2015_H.JPG

Whoa not sure if that is fuzzy for your eyes.. sure is for me ....

So I put the MH light back in at 300w. Seeing as the temps in my area have dropped it felt kind of chilly this am in the grow room. So I figured.. as a test I would try the 300w for veg for awhile to see what happens. I actually mostly want it FOR the temps right now. Funny how things work. I think things are pretty much as chilly as it gets there though. maybe 4-5 degrees less is about it. We'll see.. maybe tomorrow i say i switched it back.. ROFL

Let's get some pic's up of Veg... All green and Poop!
10-02-2015_A.JPG
10-02-2015_C.JPG
10-02-2015_B.JPG

Those two little ones are in a tub all set to go... Just no water or air yet... I don't like rockwool in my net pots. So i cut them down in half. Well the roots passed that quick so I figured they needed clay to grow into. Well I better get water in there tomorrow or the roots may dry out... So They just may be running sooner than planned.

The others do seem to like the light that is for sure. Funny though I can say really that things are just dialed in nicely knock on wood. Probably a flashlight would work... ok just kidding. Better is better any way you look at it but at times it is hard to say what IS better.. lol

So lets look into the tent.....

10-02-2015_F.JPG
10-02-2015_E.JPG
10-02-2015_D.JPG
10-02-2015_G.JPG

Plants didn't seem to mind the slight defol at all... Ok first on the N1's. Ok so they show a much more distinct female look than last grow... 2nd run on this strain but remember I had deficiencies. The female genitalia.. hehe i said it.. Is long and thin pistils. Definitely different appearance than last time. I am sorta letting this whole tub just do it's thing.. slight LST is all ..

The PC I have nothing to compare to. with it having a tub to its own the nutes are definitely more stable .. less dropping in tank liquid and such. She just looks good right now. Odd but the way I lst'd the cola's I will end up with about 10 tops plus or minus on this grow. No net but similar appearance at this point to my scrog.. It has the room to spread out some.

Just my opinion ... Defol should be done when plant is totally healthy and mild.. It will not show any sign of a hiccup. That doesn't mean it can't have had an issue like mine did awhile ago. But I left those leaves on there and when it had 75 more of those leaves..and all healed up, I snuck in and snip! I think that is what people mean when they say it can help. Those leaves had fallen behind all that new growth and probably where taking up energy not producing it at that point.

I think that is about it my thread companions. Appreciate your time ;)

FE

Hoping to get a good answer...

I would like to start tonight with a question.

So when you want to max feed a plant say 1k ppm total. Back off to even less on nutes say.
Do I base the nutes and PPM prior to adding other goodies like bud candy and cal mag?
Like tonight i did a res change and went pretty low on nutes only about 500 ppm then by the time I am done its over 1100 with the others... Should I still not exceed the 1k - 1100 I have as my limit? with all the goodies? OR can burn only happen from the nutes? Not the PPM added from the others?

Thanks in advance... post coming ...

FE

Reach for the Sky ! I mean light!

10-04-2015

Update!

Today was unusual as the plant stretched a good 3-4 inches today in flower... Lets start with Stats!

First is yesterday.
10-04-2015_A.JPG

This one today..
10-04-2015_C.JPG

So no flower PPM's as I was going to change it yesterday but only got to it tonight.

Early readings around 6.0 on ph and 1100 on PPM.

I'll get a reading later after they have settled in.

So let's go to the flower tent....

*ZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP" Swear this things have the loudest f in zippers!

10-04-2015_F.JPG
10-04-2015_I.JPG
10-04-2015_G.JPG
10-04-2015_H.JPG

That stuff is growing tall fast! I moved the light up like 4 inches yesterday and it is like they kept pace. Doesn't even look like i moved it based on how close they are. I want these to grow tall and get as much stretch as I can... to a limit... So the light can get to the medium buds on the stocks. Everything in there just looks amazing and cramped but that's what it's all about in that tent for me! The pc is fine as it has a whole tub but the two N1's look like 1 plant ... Duo of green.

So both tubs got fresh stuff tonight. as the other post said. Once I am flowering good strains two per in each tub I need to make sure it gets done weekly. The two N1's drink a lot. I think weekly would be better on them. That being said everything in flower had great roots all white.. Thanks DMZ no nute intake issues... Bug free as of a few days ago... So things are just doing as they are suppose to..

So over in the Veg room!

Sorry wrong key... tries another ...there we go...

10-04-2015_D.JPG

Simple right now. The back two on left side are the WW and TW and they have just about caught up to the clones. Funny how nature works. It tells them they better stretch to catch up or die. So they grow longer faster.
OH i switched back to the T5 yah yah flip flop flip flop.. It just makes everything so much smoother on temps etc. I like the MH cause I can tell it makes a different. But right now my vent fan barely kicks on. With that MH it is on a lot. Not critical but It just seems more peaceful in there and I am not constantly worried about temps.

That being said It is still fall and when winter does get to its peak I may indeed want that heat. We will be back to this one I am sure.

And in Genetics!

10-04-2015_E.JPG

Same deal! with the height of the T5 these guys are going for it! It's good news cause the stronger in veg the faster they go to and better they get in flower ;). After the picture the DCC dropped it's shell, The BK is still stuck inside but still growing tall!

Think that'll do for now....

FE

When I went over 1100 PPM this past week it was because of some added Calmag on Friday morning. This morning and last night there was some signs of nute burn on my WW's. Not too bad, but it was there. I had not added any more base nutes for 9 days. So I do not think the plant cares if it is base nutes or supplements.
As far as when they will burn, I really think that is a question of genetics. My WW's were the only plants to show burn but none of the others showed any problems. Now it is impossible for me to say for sure that 1100 PPM was my max for my strain of WW. There are other things going on as well. They both have some deficiency that is probably that mold or maybe pH lockout of calmag. I am not sure. So for me it could have been more than just burn because of high PPM.

I know this probably does not help a whole lot. Just wanted to share what I think that I have learned. Gl. and the girls look great bro. :)

Really only 3 weeks?

10-06-2015 Day 24 flower 3 weeks.

Lets throw up the stats right off here....

10-06-2015_A.JPG

So let's look at the tent and see what happened since the fresh nutes....

10-06-2015_E.JPG
10-06-2015_F.JPG
10-06-2015_G.JPG

Only about 4 more inches of growth!

So seriously a lot different than the last grow. Too many things better this time to know the cause.. all of it probably. Three weeks and I am getting 3-4 inches a day at this point. I can still go about 2 ft higher on the light if I need but getting tall for sure.

It definitely is doing what I want. I can see more light getting though the top as it spreads out some. I did ditch the 4 cola idea... There is a small blanket of cola's. I did remove about 6 more leaves or so on PC. I think that is most of the deficient ones. I am glad I was more patient this time and didn't defol them all at once. And that I waited until the plant was pounding the growth. It didnt even notice last time and hopefully wont this time either. Ultimate goal is to have it lollipoped but not 100%.

So visiting the Veg wing!

Look at the growth!!

10-06-2015_B.JPG

More Growth!

10-06-2015_D.JPG

EVEN More Growth!!!!

10-06-2015_C.JPG

These two little ones are happily trying to touch the light. I did have to drop the PH some and topped it off as well as the Flower tubs with just PH'd water to keep the PPM 's at bay.

So the DCC and the BK are a long time away from going into flower, but they obviously have a long time needed.

I need to work towards a 4 week cycle or really ideal would be 3 weeks. I wonder if i should work it at 4 for now so I can throw a SD in there at some point. It takes 12 to flower. That would leave me 4 plants still cycling. The SD would just have the extra 4weeks tucked in there. Probably shouldn't mess with the SD till I get things cycled through some first. SD is a great strain but I have a fresh strain 5 weeks away and 4 fresh ones coming up starting 4 weeks after that.

So all the "cycling and perpetual" stuff is probably until I get these run through and then I can pick and choose what and when better. Try new ones at that point as well ;)

Any way .. Have a good night thanks for coming by....

FE

Just passing through...

10-08-2015

Stats!

10-08-2015_A.JPG

Some minor PH adjustments.. nothing serious....

Lot's of new growth...

PC is still gaining a lot of stretch!

10-08-2015_D.JPG
10-08-2015_B.JPG
10-08-2015_C.JPG
10-08-2015_E.JPG
10-08-2015_F.JPG

It's only been three and a half weeks and the growth far surpasses my first grow. Hopefully it will stop stretch in about a week would be perfect.

Veg...

10-08-2015_G.JPG
10-08-2015_I.JPG
10-08-2015_H.JPG

Looks spot on as well.. nothing to complain about except it is still early but I will top anytime and the WW and TW probably will go to flower next week sometime. Early but that is ok. It will get me on schedule. I will have less than a week to get some more growth and possibly yank some clones... Really need to before they go too far into 12/12.

Two sprouts are really growing excellent as well. I am trying not to use supports to gain some strength in the stocks. We'll see...

So the LED vs HPS debate.

Let me just say that ever since i went to LED. My temps have been very easy to regulate. I have swapped back and forth and the Led and CFL combo have my room at excellent growing atmosphere. maybe slightly high humidity in flower on occasion but that is partially due to the high transpiration at times. Good air flow So i am hardly worried.

The hps in flower or veg was yes super bright and i can feel it's power... Makes things fluctuate alot and these definitely wasn't as easy to manage.

Tonight was 15 minutes in the grow room and done. When things are all automated and issue free, This is so much calmer.

Any way ... have a good night all....

FE

I feel the same way FE. Congrats on a "clean" well run setup. I liked it so much I have pretty much copied your cloner. It is now up and cloning at the moment. :) Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :Namaste: Thank you for being so free with your advice and experiences with your grow. I love those girls in the tent. They are really trying to get to that light. :) I am also pretty much cruising to the end of my veg. It is so much nicer than the first few weeks. I am super excited about the flip and really interested to see what they will do. Thanks for a great journal with lots of updates and pics. :)

I feel the same way FE. Congrats on a "clean" well run setup. I liked it so much I have pretty much copied your cloner. It is now up and cloning at the moment. :) Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :Namaste: Thank you for being so free with your advice and experiences with your grow. I love those girls in the tent. They are really trying to get to that light. :) I am also pretty much cruising to the end of my veg. It is so much nicer than the first few weeks. I am super excited about the flip and really interested to see what they will do. Thanks for a great journal with lots of updates and pics. :)

I have been super happy for you.. I know how frustrated you where.. Things feel so good when it starts to smooth out...Feel like it is becoming worth your time and investment. You have some very good looking plants as a reward for your education and patience. I look forward to your flower with great anticipation of good results ;)

Stay diligent.. Mind your PPM's in flower... Less straight up nutes.. more additives... but keep those PPMs from burning... I try to hit 1k ppm let it build to like 1200 or so with transpiration and add straight ph water to drop it all back down. I only am doing 550 ppm nutes before my additives.. My cal mag, DMZ and bud candy get me to 1k. I burned at 1300 last grow but it was a shitty strain. So this time less is more for me and look it's working....

Looks great bro

FE

Hope all is well with you FE. Looking forward to your posts agian.

Thanks Bama... RL has been too busy to post... still been working on stuff but when I run low on time the posts need to be the sacrifice ;/

I managed to get some pics etc then spent the last hour with 420 site down ;/. Sometime i start to upload and the site crashes my browser and then it takes and hour to come back... weird... (with anything connected to my internet.)

Anyway I'll throw a post up...

Aliens didn't abduct me!

10-14-2015

No I am still here sorry to say....;)

Just been super busy with projects and RL stuff so I have had really no time or energy to post. Sorry to my two fans oiler and Bama. I'll try to be better about it...

So updates.... hmm where did I leave off let me go look.... wow has it really almost been a week.. damn

I'll post a some stat days

Ok first one is the 11th.

10-11-2015.JPG

The 11th was a "good" day. I topped the WW and TW on the 8th and started getting them ready for an early flower this weekend. Finally some strains from seed banks to add to my stash. I added Cal mag as I had forgotten it in my scheduled res change. All was well!

WAS
On the 12th the TW smacked a wall! almost literally. when I was swapping it around in tubs etc it basically fell almost out of the top. It still must have had weak root structure and was just too loose in the clay. Well it didn't seem all that bad after some delicate time spent working on it.

wrong.. .. very wrong... It had to have damaged the roots attachment point to the stock. The roots looked good but.. the plant rebelled. I mean all the fans got all droopy and wilted shriveled to nothing. New growth halted.. ppm's and ph good but I was watching it over a 48 hour period die.... Every other plant was like hey whats up homey! ... TW was like ... Thanks for givin it a try bud.... see yah... We'll get back to this story.

Then this one is the 13th.. Things are pretty good overall

10-13-2015.JPG

This one is today...

10-14-2015_A.JPG

I experimented with the humidifier in the room to lower the high humidity but it hasnt been an issue yet so I am not sure why i did it cause it made room temps go up a lot. Fans handled it but added more electricity etc and felt sorta not needed. i run good loose fan in the tent and room so I haven't had issues yet...

I added a utility tub to the grow room with tap 40 ppm water and a drain Yipppeee that made life so much easier. Tonight was flower tub changes and new pump and sink in place it was 30 minutes for 20 gallons out and back in with freshies!

Just trying to keep on dialing it in.

I added a metal rack shelf next to sink to hold supplies. It isn't a large room but I am using the space pretty efficiently.

So going back to Veg the TW yesterday stopped dying on me.

10-14-2015_I.JPG

It is really looking pretty sad at the moment. I am ok with it though cause it will just have to sit in veg for another 4 weeks I guess. I topped a PC clone to go with the WW or may just give the WW a tank on its own. Like I am doing with the PC now. The TW top leaves perked back up and the other leaves seem to stabilize some. I kid you not it was like it couldn't get any food or water anymore and just couldn't support itself or something. It probably barely has working roots anymore... All good though take it in stride... Lots else happening I mean look at the rest of them.

10-14-2015_G.JPG
10-14-2015_H.JPG
10-14-2015_K.JPG
10-14-2015_J.JPG

WW showed some very slight edge leaf burn on some lowers so I dropped about 100 ppm tonight. The top is just starting to split and grow. This and a pc clone i topped as well will go in flower next week. I know it is early but I am trying to do something different than this explosion!!

10-14-2015_C.JPG
10-14-2015_E.JPG
10-14-2015_D.JPG
10-14-2015_F.JPG
10-14-2015_B.JPG

The stretch is unbelievable... I have no idea what that much stretch will do to yield if it will help or hurt but I wanted to try it. This much stretch the LED is shining way down in there,. This is day 30 on flip. So only 3-4 weeks flower depending how you look at it. So if the next phase is to start soon and the fattening is in the same explosive fashion this should be good.!!!

I have totally forgotten about my HPS light i mean look at this. I can't grow them like this or I will only have like 3 in flower at a time due to lack of space. I am sure the HPS would be doing the same.. but the LED it more than adequate and more manageable. More will come soon.. on the list...

Flower at the moment is my teams strength.. Funny we have always been a Veg excelling team... Back to fundamentals I guess!

That's about it for now.... I'll try to be better about posts. Probably not as much daily though even though I spend plenty of time checking on the grow at various times.

Does look more impressive this way....

FE

FE, Glad everything is well. No worries about it. Love your grow and was curious about it. RL is more important than posts. Have to prioritize. That being said, I loved the post bro. The flower tent looks great. You have great bud formation on that stem. So if it fattens up and reaches up you will have a lot of mighty fine smoke soon. :)

So a little note... While it is in my head...

Looking at the ??N1 strain I am flowering and my PC they are obviously close strains in appearance. It has been hard to tell with the LED growth being different from my hps last grow that they aren't the same. The N1 with all the f ups on the last grow it didn't look at all like it's clones are looking now. So tonight i did find a difference... If I rub some sugar leaves on my N1's it smells like my last harvest. If i rub the PC it definitely smells different and yes like pineapple... I was like nah that's in my head... Nope it really does...

Good to know is all. I get bored with strains as I am with the N1 (8-9 weeks on it now). Looking forward to the change in the future.

Light got raised today. Can't really go much higher. Gonna make them grow back down if they get too close. 4 weeks more of flower. I have no idea how I am going to fit 2 tiny little plants in the damn tent next week. Maybe I'll hack up the N1's some to clear some room.

I'll see if I can get some pics and stats in a bit....

FE

Back
Top Bottom