Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

OMG FE, our grows look identical. My roots are browning. My leaves are now turning down. I have the same damn brown/rust spots. Is it really cal/mag def locking out the nutes. I am uploading pics to my grow to ask for help because I do not want to lose my girls.

OMG FE, our grows look identical. My roots are browning. My leaves are now turning down. I have the same damn brown/rust spots. Is it really cal/mag def locking out the nutes. I am uploading pics to my grow to ask for help because I do not want to lose my girls.

Well from the research I could find it made sense. And when I did a fresh nute swap I started to get new white ones it looks like. Appears i am looking better. But we'll see...

:peace:

FE

you using anything in the res to help?
I used to use aquashield now I use hydroguard
it helps a lot I never have 69f temps in my res and I never have root issues
I also do weekly res changes and cleaning

you using anything in the res to help?
I used to use aquashield now I use hydroguard
it helps a lot I never have 69f temps in my res and I never have root issues
I also do weekly res changes and cleaning

Thanks for stopping in Cronic. Your advice is always worth every moment it takes to read times a thousand!.

Yes being a novice grower and all... I am getting this shit down! Dutch masters Zone on it's way! (scramazon suppose to deliver today you louses!) i never thought I would need it.. just as i didn't know that GH nutes require I use a Cal mag additive ALL the time til about 2 weeks ago. I hit some high res temps recently and it browned up the roots. I did a res change.. I average a week to 10 days on those in flower. I'll now add the cal mag... and DMZ through out my grows from here on out. I average 65-67 temps on res now. Summer I will have to readjust but now it is a cool issue... well it 's right on right now, but winter is around the corner..lol

I spent some time debating a nute type change... Then I decided maybe later. I need to keep with what i have been working with and just refine it. Time to play with stuff like that later ;)

Thanks for looking! Update coming
FE

I'm Back! Miss me?

Ok don't answer that!!

9-28-2015

I did some pretty big changes tonight.

We'll start with some vitals....

9-28-2015_L.JPG

So things looked pretty good for being away. Veg tank PPM had spiked but the SH1 and PCB where drinking alot.I added PH'd to lower it some.

Take a look...

9-28-2015_A.JPG

They are almost into the light... well the SH is... They are looking great ...

I left the room and when I came back look what happened!!!!

9-28-2015_M.JPG

they where F in Gone!

Just kidding I killed em...

So let's look at the WW and the TW..

9-28-2015_F.JPG
9-28-2015_E.JPG

They are really stretching and look very good. Nice little nodes starting to form etc.

They are future "Winners".

So the clones.....

9-28-2015_B.JPG

Yah them things... 3 of the four had this happening...

9-28-2015_C.JPG

See them things poppin down in there...

9-28-2015_D.JPG

So 10 days to roots. No gel .. 250 ppm and GH root enhance lite. all four popped one I culled... but where getting there.....

So I decided tonight well today... Not to run the SH or the PCb through flower..

They would get in the way of when the WW and TW would be ready to go in the tent to flower. Those two need to be the priority.

The PCB and the SH1 where not sexed. They would be going right into the tent with three ladies.
I know my skills are better. I id'd the PC in flower now, very easily.. but it only takes a f up and I have a second batch of seeded meds. Just not worth the small risk. One of these is a duplicate of the one in flower and the other seed SH1 is really a mystery and looks alot like the PC.. Sooo BOOM!

Another reason is this puts me more onto my cycle. ...Well close...

I put the PC clones 3 of them into net pots direct. Possibly a little early... well yes i know early but they'll be fine ;)

See!!

9-28-2015_N.JPG

Now doesn't that just look so much better?

2 of the 3 pc's and the WW and TW are lined up for flower. EXCEPT an issue.

Ok so the Flowers now in there have 6 weeks remaining.

TW and WW 3-4 more weeks in veg as well as probably the PC clones. So that already kinda messes me up.
That would be 4 into flower again at the same time and I do not want that. So the PC's have a run going on now so they get to wait. If I think I can get the TW and WW into Flower a little early I will. There is a spot for them waiting ;)

Then stretch the Veg on the PC clones and see how i like the strain etc too. So far it is noticeably better than the first run.

Look

9-28-2015_G.JPG
9-28-2015_H.JPG

My last run at 14 days did not look this good. Well i do have some shitty leaves like the last grow. But we're all good in here ;)

9-28-2015_K.JPG

under neath

Here is the others!
9-28-2015_I.JPG
9-28-2015_J.JPG

Last adventure tonight.....

I popped some more seeds to float...

Just when you thought this post was done Bam

*Trumpets play*

Introducing!!

Delicious Cheese Candy Feminised Seeds

Indoor Harvest Time: from 55 to 65 days
Flavour: Sweet
Way of cropping: Ind/Out
Smell: Very High
Effect: Narcotic
Outdoor Harvest Time: late September
Resistance to plagues: High
Sex: Feminized
Lineage: Caramelo x Cheese
Irrigation tolerancy: Medium
Medicinal value: Very high
Delicious Cheese Candy Feminised Seeds Info
We've crossed two of the best commercial genetics: Cheese, a unique female derived from SKUNK x KUSH which first appeared 1988-89 and which was cultivated somewhere in the Chiltern Hills by the squatter collective known as Exodus that was central to UK cannabis-related activity throughout the 90s. It produces impressively large buds and has a distinctive cheesy odour. Quickly cloned and baptised as Cheese, we've taken this beautiful specimen and crossed it with one of our best strains; Caramelo, which is a spectacular selection of the best exotic LAVENDER Indica and Sativa phenotypes (SUPER SKUNK — BIG SKUNK KOREAN — AFGHANI-HAWAIIAN). This plant produces dense bunches of resin-covered buds emanating a lavender and passion fruit aroma. An explosive commercial combination, this plant produces enormous buds in heavy lateral bunches covered in millions of trichomes bursting with a mild cheesy fragrance. Dare to try our Cheese Candy. Its yeasty cheese taste with liquorice and caramel overtones will blow your mind. While the initial effect is euphoric, after a few minutes it will leave you in a very relaxed and pleasurable state and is therefore recommended for daily therapeutic use.

And to accompany that is...!!!!

Green House Bubba Kush Feminised Seeds

Sex : Feminized
Type :
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Bubble Gum, Kush
Flowering Time : 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest : October
Height :
THC Level : Unknown
Characteristics : relaxing, narcotic, long lasting

Green House Bubba Kush Seeds Awards
2013 > 420 IC Growers Cup > Growers Cup Best Indica > 3rd
2011 > Treating Yourself Expo > Private Grower Cup > 3rd
2015 > High Times Cannabis Cup Denver > Peoples Choice Flowers > 3rd
Green House Bubba Kush Feminised Seeds Info

Greenhouse Seeds Bubba Kush is guaranteed to be the juiciest tastiest Kush ever. The genetics of greenhouse seeds Bubba Kush is Bubble Gum x Kush. This very highly rated Kush is an extremely sought after strain but it has not been readily available until now. Green house Bubba Kush effects are powerful and heavy. The high starts in the face then spreads rapidly to the rest of the body. Greenhouse Bubba Kush puts in a bodynumbing effects. Green house seeds Bubba Kush is the all around super star bud. There's a reason this herb is called Bubba Kush and not just Bubble gum and kush, its because this bud has everything, its cannabis seeds provide an awsome sweet smell, awsome taste, large hairs and great colour. It takes them 9 weeks to flower.
Bubba Kush instantly catches your attention with long hairs and icy crystal coating. The leaves are doused with frosty crystals at christmas, and adds to the look of this prize fighter. Bubba Kush is a potent strain, considered a worldwide hit by many smokers. Bubba Kush is characterized by its juicy flavour. Green house Bubba Kush effects are powerful and heavy. The origins of Kush cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan and sometimes, Iran, Pakistan, and Northern India with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range.

Ok so the plan. For this moment here now and no guaranty going forward.

In 5-6 weeks these two seeds should be ready for the Flower room. In 6 weeks there will be four spots open in the starting line up. There are two spots open now. So if I throw the TW and Ww into flower slightly early I may get a couple week spread.

So I had to stop and refocus on my goal here... 6 strains in perpetual runs with clones and well perpetual.

No to grow and clone and make it overwhelming and a burden. So far it has become a great hobby and I enjoy it. I have a simple design etc and the flow is nice.

So back on topic ... goal. I have beans.. Back ups of everything I am growing. More beans are not an issue as well. I am searching for strains for me. This first bean run may work out and could just be the first testing. I don't care if they are top priced beans at this point if they work out.

I was 4 for 4 on the last cloning run and feel good about it. I should be able to perform when the time comes. And did well the time before that as well. system works very well. Not really much needed.

If I fall in love with a strain right off I will clone it and do a soil Mama! Sweet Sue? Help? But like I said I have some more of them to pop. (and some others SD and HG)

So run these next six tubs and just pop some more Beans in cycle.
I'm gonna run this one through as I designed it with good stuff and see how it does. ;)
Keep it going but that way if I feel the strains I picked do not offer me the meds I am looking for just keeping popping them until I find the ones that do and start the rotation. If I can replicate the quality of these I already have I may be good ;)

Sorry so long winded.. Have a good day...

FE

Lots of irons in the fire FE.

Looks like most things are going pretty good. :thumb:

L8r

Thanks for looking OMU. Yah I do have a lot of irons heating up but hopefully these will all be smooth compared to last run. So far so good on number two group ;)
PC looks really good but still quite a ways to go.

Hopefully you helped me learn enough on the last one to keep this one going only up and up ;)

FE

Is the PC the only one in flower?

9-29-2015

I need to pay attention to the n1's that are really doing well considering they have grown odd the entire time. They where somewhat in flower when pulled and they now only form fan leaves one at a time opposite each bud site. Not the two like normal.

That PC is going to be much better quality than the n1's. That being said this run on the n1's should be much better and no seeds will make it more usable.

So the Stats of the Day!

9-29-2015_G.JPG

The Dutch Masters Zone came in finally today so I threw 30 ML in each tub. It is a little lighter for 7-8 gallons than recommended. But I really haven't been using anything and had no issue's until the heat. The heat is gone res is steady at like 67 so it is just preventative at this point.

F1 tub had about 2 gallons added to it of straight PH water so I am sure it diluted the PPm down some. Trying the less is more approach here. 800 PPm or so.

I ordered another 440cfm fan with another charcoal filter.

I have the smell 95 % taken care of. But the 5 % I will take care of when it comes in. Certain times of day etc i get a whiff of it in the house. Promised the old lady that wouldn't happen. So money that could go to other grow room toys went to hopefully finally take care of the aroma once and for all. I think it smells amazing so I am not sure what the issue is?

So lets have a look at them!

9-29-2015_A.JPG
9-29-2015_B.JPG
9-29-2015_C.JPG
9-29-2015_D.JPG

That PC bud is something else. Looks very yummy. only 2 weeks since flip and this tent looks awesome compared to last run. Hasn't been error-less but definitely my issue's have been noticed and corrected a lot more efficiently than last time.

If I can just stay on top of it and pay attention things should work out good here. This time I can watch it develop as sensi and not prego female!

F in better!

So not much else to show I am down to one little area of veg but plenty to talk about there so lets do it....

9-29-2015_E.JPG
9-29-2015_F.JPG

So this is all we have to look at... But ... So much niceness in there!

The first thing was the bad. I noticed that the back row of plants where not quite getting the light right. But if i moved it then the front ones where not... Damn it a burnt out T5 bulb... No of course I don't have a back up bulb. Oh went to get one.... Hmmm still not working.. bad new bulb? Nope works in all the spots but the one... damn it bad ballast. 3 month old light. Call hydro store and they will fix it N/C on the spot. Gotta get my ass back over there... had no time today... So anyway. Was hard to notice actually.

So the PC and WW Look great. Stilla little weak in the legs but they are growing some leaves now and i know what that means. Bam! they are gonna pop soon!

The PC clones are showing no 24 hour ill effects from their new homes. So far so good. Stats are good on tub but they where on 250 ppm and just popped up to 762. 11 days ago though they where at 1k so they must remember it ;)

And last those two orange things... oh yah the pill bottle are medding me up my seeds!
Both sank over night. I put them on wet cotton inside. One already split open. No action yet. Probably by the time I wake up in the AM they will both be opened and moving. They are the future hero's! If I can get these two to take I will have 4 store bought beans running and 1 Pineapple chunk good strain. That will put me at 5 strains and I wanted 6 as my first evaluation. Sour Diesel is next but I waited on it due to it's long flower time. Wanted to get a little variety up for consumption before I tie stuff up for awhile.

Well guess that's gonna do it for now.
Thanks for stopping by!

FE

So this is super interesting.. 2-3 days to fix my CFL veg light.. Well that's not cool!.. So Vegging happening with MH bulb in my 600 system at 50 % power. Wow is that bright even at 50% damn!

Lucky I had it collecting dust or I'd not be happy right now... Well i would have run the CFL with just the three bulbs i bet.

Just food for thought on back ups.. I wouldn't want to be in darkness for 2-3 days or buying some overpriced light because of desperation.

FE

The Joy of Bright Lights!

9-30-2015

Good Evening!

So the second you walk in the room it is bright as shit! MH at 300W is still bright. I haven't even thought of it at 600 rofl!

Well I can say the plants do seem to like it. Anyone who says CFL's and LED's are as good... well my testing is not done or ever will happen probably.. but I can tell by the output it has to. The plants showed it has to as well.

That's the theory behind it too... lol nothing.

I debated using it for veg as it is set up now but it uses a lot more power and adds heat in the room. Cool day so no issue's but I can see how it would in summer. My fan is running to vent room to scrub temps a lot more.

Back to CFL's tomorrow or the next day.

So let's get to the stats!

9-30-2015_G.JPG

Almost green like mood ;)

Things are all looking good.. No major issue's. PPM's in flower a little on the light side and the plants wouldn't tell you that look at them!!!

9-30-2015_D.JPG
9-30-2015_F.JPG
9-30-2015_E.JPG

The PC is really looking good. She's strong and hearty. If I took off the earlier damaged leaves she would look even better but they aren't getting worse so just a pick here and there so she wont notice. Nice and gentle "hey look at that over there".. YANK.

The N1's deserve a note. They currently are the stinky ones. I am not giving them nearly the attention and they dont seem to care. The rear plant is picking what cola's to develop all on her own.. The front one is the cluster f of the family and sleeps in late waking up all hung over and dis-shoveled... I mean really look at her.. Oh well let her be .. let her be...

SOOO here we go again!!! Look at the newest members here!!

9-30-2015_C.JPG

Bubba Kush BK
and Delicious Cheese Candy DCC

I will thank Sweet Sue and Cannabelle every time it succeeds.. 4 for 4 baby!

Not only that they couldn't wait to pop. I mean 36 hours to 1/2 in roots. Seriously.
I was so excited i didn't even remember to get pics... Doh..

5-6 weeks tent is technically empty in flower. Well I have four of these guys going in there...

9-30-2015_A.JPG
9-30-2015_B.JPG

One back clone is going bye bye soon but making sure still that I have an extra in case. As soon the two new seeds are ready for veg tank I will have to decide...
The TW WW and 2 PC clones will be going into flower shortly after each other. One before and one after harvest. That will take up four spots in flower.. before the new family members fill up the remaining flower spots...

I do sort of have a dilemma. The Veg tank right now is high PPM so I can just throw the two little ones right in. But If i dont then I need to start another Veg tub back up and run separate ppms in it. Here is where i need to get a 3 gallon tub of the same type. run like 2 gallons in it. just may do that. Hate to make a batch of veg nutes for just a week or two in a full size one.. I should have used cloner and added nutes swapped out top.. Doh.
I also debated a smaller cloner for same reason. The next batch of clones I may need larger one with all that is now going on. But normally it should be 4-8 tops at a time. And as I am learning they won't use up any nutes if it was only 1 gallon.

The system as I am running it with all the tubs *knock wood* still is working well. Even to the extent I can grab the smaller tubs and make them with 5 inch pots and keep interchangeability. I will only need to pay attention to new math as everything is mixed up easily in 5 gallon batches now for me.

Well I am babbling guess that is it for tonight...
Sleep well and medicated people.

FE

Things are looking pretty damn good FE!

If you can pull it off you should try flowering these ones with the 600. I'd love to get a 600 or two. They would work so well with my stuff compared to the 400s. If my disability gets approved I'll be blowing a grand at least on grow goodies. If I'm going to be stuck here for another winter I might as well grow a shitload of pot. :)

Keep up the good work!

L8r

Things are looking pretty damn good FE!

If you can pull it off you should try flowering these ones with the 600. I'd love to get a 600 or two. They would work so well with my stuff compared to the 400s. If my disability gets approved I'll be blowing a grand at least on grow goodies. If I'm going to be stuck here for another winter I might as well grow a shitload of pot. :)

Keep up the good work!

L8r

Thank you for the Kind words OMU! I owe most of it to you and your patience with me as I've needed it.

I really did want to flower with the 600 running full but unless I get a bigger tent I can't see it happening. Maybe in a couple months when the cold settles in. For now I am enjoying the LED ;) The stability it gives me in temps etc is exactly what I envisioned. Possibly a different type of hood? OK i need to stop thinking of it. Led isn't even broken in yet.. hehe It was handy when my CFL broke to use the MH bulb in the 600 at 50% for vegging. I swear I noticed a difference in the plants.

Hopefully sooner than later it will not even need to be classified as a med for you. The states are opening it up a lot (Oregon Tomorrow?).
But outside the US is a little different. Hopefully soon !

FE

Cloning Tub 2.0 Tutorial.

Ok so I made a cloning Tub a long time ago with a 11 gallon Rubbermaid tub The same I have been using for all my growing. I chose only to use the Rubbermaid tubs as they use a material that is a little more pliable than Sterilite and others. The quality is noticeably better. So the 11 gallon has been flawless. I am 100% recently on cloning success using it. So why build another you say?

I don't need the 20 spot cloner typically. Rarely should I need more than 4-8 spots. So i figured scale it down to a 3 gallon tub. Save on nutes.. easier to set up and dismantle. I can use either depending on the situation. I can set it up and take it down 4 times at least to equal the nute consumption. And let's face it that tub is Cute as shit....

I always get an extra in case i screw it up and also for changes it is nice to have a tub to put the full lid onto for maintenance etc.

So here they are.. one is for a full veg tub.. Later post on that...

10-01-2015_A.JPG

So the first thing I did was take all the cloning discs and mark my holes. I use the discs but THE HOLE HAS TO BE SMALLER THAN THE DISC! I simply use them to lay it out.

10-01-2015_B.JPG
10-01-2015_C.JPG

I start cutting my holes...

10-01-2015_D.JPG

10-01-2015_E.JPG

All the discs go in.

10-01-2015_F.JPG

So i put a tiny hole close to the top on the side. It is for the air hose. I use to put them in the lid but OMU recommends the side so I can pull the lid easier. I do think that will be a benefit so giving it a run ;)

10-01-2015_G.JPG

Add in my stones ( dang those need to be cleaned !)

That's pretty much it!

Seriously... that easy These bubble cloners are the shit! I'm sold!

FE

Mini Me Tub!!

So I redid my cloning tub and if i got a need for a little in between veg tub I decided to make one of those too...

So I used the same disc i trace for all my tubs.

10-01-2015_H.JPG

I trace them all out in this case it is just the two spots.

10-01-2015_I.JPG

This size for the 5 in pot is in between what I have for a hole saw so i break out the blade...

10-01-2015_J.JPG

I go slow and use a net pot to keep testing the fit and where to adjust it's.
I get nervous to take too much off but it is nice when it slides it in and out of the cover easily. It makes it easier to not damage the roots when removing it at times.

10-01-2015_K.JPG

Add the side hole a couple stones and good to go!

10-01-2015_L.JPG

The mini me version of all my Tubs. The 5 inch pots i can remove in veg etc and put into different tubs with different levels of nutes. That is the purpose of the mini me. To have an in betweener like now when I have two that will need to be in pots soon and need to be mildly introduced to the family.

FE

Busy day....

10-01-2015

Ok so today was just a crazy day!
Lots of errands etc. Tons to talk about too...

So I got a delivery today we'll start there. I am now running two 440- cfm fans with filters on both.

One vents the flower tent into the grow room filtered.. running it at about 50% power on regulator. It is what I use to keep the flower temps in control and it shuts off shortly after the tent lights go out.

The other is what is temperature regulated and running at about 60% it keeps the whole grow room regulated. It pulls 60 degree air into room from floor vent and filters hot ceiling air out after scrubbing it. Just a note running the HPS in the room it would kick on every 15 minutes or so for like 3 minutes. With the CFL back in is rarely kicks on. Veg has very little odor but the tent I would have odor issue's occasionally and the room had no filter out. So at certain times it was making a slight issue .. lol

So far problem solved...

I can't imagine it will be at this point.

So I mentioned the CFL is back in. Just put it back in tonight.

So the stats are HPS light related but here they are...

10-01-2015_V.JPG

So based on the Stats... I have a story... Lesson.

I have been using a very high quality imported inexpensive PH meter.... yah yah...
I have seen a lot of fluctuations recently and was concerned of it's accuracy. My PH kit is just not precise enough for me to compare.

So I picked up a blue labs.

You see on the stats list there are some "extra" PH's. Those are from the old versus the new. Holy Shit!

6.3-5.7 Seriously? It seemed like it was getting closer the more i used it. I didn't even know i should keep it wet and stuff?

Anyway good one does temp adjust and tells me when it needs to be cal'd.. now that's my style!

So let's move on here class over....

The DCC and the BK are just moving slightly.

10-01-2015_N.JPG

The whole veg area is thriving. I hope it was not just cause I was blasting them with the MH bulb. The rear three the lowest fans are starting to yellow a little. Just something I need to watch. The whole rest is looking great.

10-01-2015_M.JPG

The two ladies are really doing well. Even the stock on the Ww has thickened ion the last few days. The TW has shown improvements as well but the WW is definitely a slight bit ahead.

10-01-2015_O.JPG
10-01-2015_P.JPG
10-01-2015_Q.JPG

So in the flower tent the boom is still booming!

Look at the daily noticeable difference...

10-01-2015_R.JPG
10-01-2015_T.JPG
10-01-2015_S.JPG
10-01-2015_U.JPG

The PC is loving the LED Well the three all are. They cola's are starting to explode from below seriously. The LED doesn't penetrate to the floor like the HPS. But one to two levels of leaves down it does. The PC i was just gonna concentrate on the 4 cola's but when I saw today all the "sub" cola's peaking above the canopy struggling to clear their heads I decided to do a little leave arranging to help out a little. Just having everything so smooth and easier to manage temp wise etc is such a pleasure.

I do get a huge swing in humidity in flower. Does the humidity rise the most in lights out? I may set some venting in the flower tent in lights out to see. They are drinking A lot

So is this a five star thread yet? Get off your ass and go vote for it!

I'm exhausted from all the posting tonight. ;)

FE

Pretty damn handy with that hole saw FE. :)

I made a similar cloning tub years back but didn't use those foam inserts. Just drilled a bunch of holes a little bigger than the stems and connected them with cuts between a few holes here and there so they can be removed without ripping off the roots. Worked good last time I used it and I'm thinking of using it again. Holds 24 and I want at least that many if not more for a DWC SoG I'm starting ASAP.

I might only use 12 for the SoG but not all might root and if I have leftovers my buddy would take 4 or 5. Would be a lot easier than doing them in ProMix like my usual way. Just have to figure out what to use in the water to help them root. I think I used 1/10th strength 3-part nutes with a bit of peroxide the last time and all rooted.

CloningTubLid.jpg

L8r

Back
Top Bottom