Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

Ordered the Meter. Next question .... Do you think these lights would keep a Mother alive in about a 3' x 3' Tent ?

***GROW UPDATE*** Got some new pics for you all to check out. I think things are going the way they should.
Let's start with the Afghan Kush. This girl is really packing on some weight. Nice long, fat cola's on her. I've been feeding her at 4.8 grams & see no signs of her needing more. Maybe slightly less as the very tips of her leaves are burnt. She's starting to get frosty & she smells nice & sweet.
6-381.JPG
6-382.JPG
6-383.JPG
6-384.JPG
6-385.JPG
6-386.JPG

And now the Gorilla Girl. This bitch is amazing me now. Her cola's are all filling in nicely & there's a lot of them. As you'll see in a pic or 2 a few of her branches were so heavy they were falling over sideways. Tied them up. She's getting good & frosty. She's now getting fed at 5.3 grams.
6-392.JPG
6-393.JPG
6-394.JPG
6-395.JPG
6-396.JPG
6-397.JPG
6-398.JPG
6-399.JPG
6-400.JPG
6-401.JPG

I untied all my LST today as the branches are all getting top heavy. 2 of the plants now have stakes & branches tied up. I'll do the Afghan tomorrow. I'm still feeding 1 gallon per day. I think I'll have to give the Gorilla Girl more than a gallon next feeding. I've fed a gallon for 4 - 5 days in a row & haven't got any run off from her. I'll probably up her MC to 5.5 also as she's starting to get more yellow bottom leaves. I know she's suppose to anyway, but it seems to slow down how fast they yellow when I increase MC just a little.
Anyway, here's a couple of group shots.
6-402.JPG
6-403.JPG

Your goal with a mother plant is to feed her lightly and give her just enough light to survive... and she will go into a sort of stasis, growing very very slowly.

I know she's suppose to anyway, but it seems to slow down how fast they yellow when I increase MC just a little.
I would consider this statement to be a myth that went along with the old belief that you were supposed to starve your plants for a week or even two at the end so that they would express themselves fully and clean all the nutrients out of the plant. Of course we now know that is not necessary, but the myth surrounding the dramatic fade that resulted from this practice, persists. Your plants are not supposed to yellow at the end, and if they are getting everything they need they will not. Your assessment was correct, and bumping up the feed a bit was called for, IMHO and per the instructions on the GLN website. :peace: :love:

Well I currently have no power to the shed unless I run an extension cord. Ripped out all the old wiring going from the house to the shed. Got my new wiring ran all the way to where it needs to come up through the floor. Bought a 6 breaker / Breaker Box for inside because Home Depot didn't have a 4 Breaker Box. It will do. This is where I call an electrician to finish it.
Probably wont get finished for a week or 2 but I have time so no worries. Never the less .... I'm on the Final step before installing grow equipment.

I have an electrician guy who will do this as a side job. He's going to come by this afternoon & give me a price on it. I'll be cleaning up the underneath of the mobile home this morning & making everything look as easy as possible in hopes of a cheaper price.
Still need to connect 2 breakers in the shed so I better get that done too. I can't see it being but a 4 - 6 hour job at most so hoping for $200 - $300 to do it. $50 per hour or less would be nice.

I swear the Gorilla Girl is packing on some weight. She looks like she gained 10 lbs. last night (figuratively speaking of course). Today I'm upping her does of MC to 5.5 gr. & feeding till run off.
Not sure how much it will take yet. Just know a gallon doesn't do it.

Does anyone know if they make a plug in type light dimmer switch for grow lights ? Having to adjust at the ballasts sucks. They need a remote dimmer you can mount on the wall similar to a fan speed controller. I'm going to plug a house lamp into a fan speed controller to see if by some chance they will work. My ballasts will be above ceiling so kind of hard to get to so I need to find a way to dim them. All I've found so far are plug in dimmer switches for 150 watt lights. Need them for 600 watt lights.

You can order the extra dimmer control for your new nextlight mega. Most led's are run in a constant current configuration, so dimming them at the wall is not an option.
Not sure what it means to run in a constant current configuration. I was just thinking since the Mars Hydro lights have the adjustment in the ballast which are a pain to adjust (only downfall I found) that I could just put the light on 100% & dim it with a switch elsewhere. If I can't find a way to do that I have to keep the ballasts in the grow room which wasn't in my plans.
Electric guy's on his way. Said he'd be here in an hour. Crossing my fingers for a decent price.

Calling @SmokeSara question for you. Do they make a remote / secondary / whatever you want to call it ... light dimmer switch for the TSW 2000's ? I know there's a switch in the ballast but that's a pain to be adjusting over the top of your plants. Need a light controller that you can hang on the wall like the fan speed controllers. If they make them let me know because I need 2. Thanks

by dimming at the wall I meant by adjusting the incoming AC like a room light dimmer or overhead fan speed switch.... it just takes 2 wires back to the constant current powersupply in the LED light to control the dimmer circuit built into the power supply... if it has a good enough power supply to include that option. The next light does, and I do believe it is an external control that they sell you. I can do the same thing with my cobs, I could run this dimmer controller anywhere I wanted it, with just 2 wires.

Back
Top Bottom