Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

"The taste of missing greens." Don't you just love the way his mind works? :laughtwo:

I'm enchanted by the little Flowerbomb buds. Just the right size to bake and eat like candy. The love you have for your plants shows Pigeons. It's such a joy to peek in. :love: When do we finally invent smell-o-vision?

Hey Pidge,
That Mataro looks great, but whats with the leaf droop ? Did she just wake up ?

I was wondering the same thing.
That plant used to look electric. Now it looks a little sleepy.
Is it over-watered maybe?

Actually it's the exact opposite. She's under watered. Sounds crazy I know. When I was still learning about how to grow I read an article about how drought like conditions towards the end of harvest puts the plant into a protective state that increases resin production. And it's something I've just done instictivly every grow since.

On a side note, I have noticed that the geo pots dry out so much faster than conventional pots. Maybe even twice as fast.

Welcome everyone to another one of my journals. Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my garden, everyone's welcome!

I'm hoping that this is my last journal in the sense that it never ends. I currently have 2 journals on the go and I have so much going on outside of those journals that I would like to start a journal that could include my outside adventures and continue on and on.

Before I get started, I can't forget where I came from and what its taken me to get this far; rather who its taken me to get this far. The "who" is you! if you're reading this right now, chances are you had a hand in helping me get to this point. Whether you fed the information to me directly or simply just signed up to the 420Magazine, which allows them to keep this place performing the magic that it does. And allows for people like me to continue learning more and more. The atmosphere around here is so comforting and supportive. At first I was a bit intimidated, but soon that changed to a feeling of embrace. Thank you :love:

So, if your reading this and you haven't created a journal yet. Go, do it! The sooner you start putting your thoughts and progress to the people around here, the sooner your knowledge begins to grow. But perhaps knowledge isn't your thing? There are a number of members here that know ALOT but I believe they stick around because of the friendships and relationships they've created. This place is full of wonderful people pursuing a common path looking to spread the knowledge. So, what are you waiting for? Go get started!

Now, here I go. Since I have so much going on I will break the introduction into 2 categories. Flower Room and Veg Room. Currently, I have 3 in the Flower Room and 2 in the Veg Room.

GROW ROOM

STRAIN

Anesthesia(auto)

- This Northern Lights X Black Domina mix is an extremely physical, Indica-dominant hybrid with a 17% THC rating, 500-gram yields and a 55 to 60 day finish. With just a touch of Sativa to make things interesting, Anesthesia Seeds do more than take the edge off - this kind of power is like cracking walnuts with a sledgehammer!
image26019.jpg

Critical Hog

- This is a commercial grower's dream. Very easy to grow and a huge yield. The Tennessee HOG meets the Basque Country Critical Mass. Due to the huge buds make sure the room is well ventilated and if grown outdoors kept out of the heavy late season rain falls.
image26017.jpg

Green Crack

- Green Crack has it all, strength, potency, yield and all in the shortest of flowering time. THC of 18% and a short flowering time of 8 Weeks
image26018.jpg

VEG ROOM

Mataro Blue

- The colour of this plant changes from a green-purple into green-blue at the end of the flowering. This change is more evident with a cold climate, when the plant becomes electric blue. It's suggested to use some support to hold the buds because they will grow very big and the heavy bunches of flowers will surprise you. THC of 24%.
image26015.jpg

Flower Bomb Kush

- Extremely strong, very relaxing on the body at first, then more cerebral, social, giggly, creative. Very complex. Green Crack x OG Kush | 70% Indica - 30% Sativa.
image26016.jpg

SOIL

I can't start off my soil description without out mentioning my roots...:rofl:.. I started using Miracle Gro and I had some great results. I loved that I could grow a plant and not need any nutrients. I just watered and watched her grow. However, with that said, I have decided it's time to move on. I need to take control of every aspect of my grow. So, I can provide myself with the best more effective medication I can. Now, in order to take control, I needed to switch to a soil that did not have any added nutrients. because, it is very difficult to get those nutrients out of the medication before harvest. So, your smoking those nutrients rather then the medication.

I have switched to HP ProMix with high porosity. Now, I have a soil that has no added nutrients so what it's easier to understand what's in my meds. And I can flush it out when necessary. I start most seeds in their final pot (5 Gallon Geo Pot). However, this time I have started in a 3 Gallon Geo Pot and then will transplant to 5 Gallon because I don't have enough 5 gallon Geo Pots yet.
image25150.jpg
image25151.jpg

Lights

I start my seed in soil under CFLs on a 24 hour light cycle. The girls in Veg are still on a 24 hour light cycle and their on week 5 and 8. But, what's exciting is that I have now purchased a 1000W HPS grow light. It is air cooled with a 250 CFM inline fan system. I also use a 400W HPS and a 250W HPS for a total of 1650W of HPS. I use the 1000W HPS in the middle of my room with the other 2 lights of to each side to give supplemental lights. This is the most I have ever ran. I'm more than excited to get this under way. (Just waiting on the inline fan and carbon filter.)
image25999.jpg
image26013.jpg

Temp/RH

Temperatures is the room range between 65F when lights are off and 85F when lights are on. I try and keep my humidity at about 40-50% during veg and between 20%-30% during flower. I have dialed in my grow room quite well. However, I have limited to no experience running this air cooled HPS so, I hope that I can still maintain those same temperatures. If not maybe a bit less.

PH of Reservoir

Due to my line of nutrients, my guideline says to keep my PH between 6 and 6.5. And that's exactly what I do. Starting to store my water in a reservoir was the first step in my adventure of growing. And I can say that all of everything I have gotten into started with correcting my water. And it just went out of control from there. I spent hundreds of dollars on nutrients, lights, humidifiers and soils. So, grab a tote and put a fish pump in it and treat your water. it's so worth it!
image22993.jpg

Water and Nutrients
image25097.jpg

My nutrients are by far the biggest accomplishment so far in my experience of growing. Also, the most expensive. I have spent about 300$ on all of those bottles. but, they pay for themselves. I have come so far from my Miracle Gro that I am glad that I finally have a nutrient that I can control. It's nice to know exactly what's going into your plant and this, for me, has been a great way to start. I follow a feed water program. it's alternative.

Security

It's important to keep yourself and your family safe.
image26014.jpg

THANK YOU

If you have read this so far, I cant thank you enough. You have taken the time to read about something I am so passionate about. And it excites me to get other excited about this hobby. I have made many friends on this forum and I couldn't be more appreciative. The people around here are awesome, caring, supportive and incredibly inspiring. Marijuana changed my life and so have you!

Man i cant thank you enough HYDRO FUEL should be paying you, bank....
Its difficult for me to ask you questions, cause im going led as a newbe and my nutes are GH but that golden hps is familier... Just a hello here and that farmer in me says yep that boy knows how to farm...

Haha that batman i love it check it out i got THE QUEENS airplane flying around in my grow room
0811152212.jpg
shit i hope the admin dont yell at me again cause its not off topic, i said its in my grow room, mate we might be crazy.... I dont know.

Haha that batman i love it check it out i got THE QUEENS airplane flying around in my grow room
0811152212.jpg
shit i hope the admin dont yell at me again cause its not off topic, i said its in my grow room, mate we might be crazy.... I dont know.

You need to dry one good sized cannabis leaf to keep on hand so you can drop it into a picture like that. Or maybe hold a seedling cup up when you take the shot so that the corner of the shot is definitely 420 related.

It's called thinking outside that box. :laughtwo:

I've stumbled onto you in two of my favorite journals tonight. Welcome. :Love2: Thinking of putting up a journal about that grow room so we can follow? :battingeyelashes:

Oh yeah, nice plane.

Yea great idea me to is stumbling into other threads heres my post to the mars led group a few minutes ago about my newbie thoughts.

Okay since mars lights are soon to indroduce there Mars Pro light with remote control i have this to offer, i think there should be 3 teir levels.

Mars Pro Gold Series:
The light and remote there getting ready to introduce.

Mars Pro Platinum Series:
This series is the same as the gold series but has a remote sensor in the soil to display , soil temp, soil ppm, soil EC, and soil pH and a function to specify is your soil water or dirt.

Mars Pro Silver Series:
This series is just the external sensor to display the soil info to the same remote, sooner or later they will buy a pro light to use all the remote features.

Make a optional remote sensor for the soil but keep the remote the same, you will have everyone getting a mars pro for there grow... Some might just want that Mars Pro Silver Series....

as usual a good entry I am looking forward to the ride and can ya send batman over here once in a while

You need to dry one good sized cannabis leaf to keep on hand so you can drop it into a picture like that. Or maybe hold a seedling cup up when you take the shot so that the corner of the shot is definitely 420 related.

Haha awesome idea!

as usual a good entry I am looking forward to the ride and can ya send batman over here once in a while

Batman spends his night visiting all our grows. He keeps a close eye on all of us!

Smell-o-vision I got it!

I'll send you folks each a jar that I cure with. Haha the smell is to die for! Maybe I could leave a little bud in it too :p

"The taste of missing greens." Don't you just love the way his mind works? :laughtwo:

I'm enchanted by the little Flowerbomb buds. Just the right size to bake and eat like candy. The love you have for your plants shows Pigeons. It's such a joy to peek in. :love: When do we finally invent smell-o-vision?

I completely agree! They're like little pieces of candy! They're very small but there is a lot of them! I can't wait to get her hung and in a jar!

It actually looks like she's going to be done first. Took a look under the microscope and I think it's fair to say that she is also walking into a flush for the next couple weeks! More harvests!!! Yay!! :party:

Sounds great to me, but I bet it does not to draconian mods ;-)
Smell-o-vision I got it!

I'll send you folks each a jar that I cure with. Haha the smell is to die for! Maybe I could leave a little bud in it too :p

Haha oh OG.

Their not draconian. I can only imagine how tough it is to run an operation like this and adhere to whichever regulations and guidelines.

But we're just keepin them on their toes ;)

They seem that way to me. I bought my led lights from a forum sponsor (at the time) now they did not renew their sponsorship so the mods went in and deleted manually all references to the manufacturers name from my posts and my signature. Told me I can't say the name as it hurts their sponsors. I know people have left this site over the over-moderation...

hmmmmmmm

The only reason I put up with the over moderation is because of people like you that I enjoy talking with. If there was an alternative with nice people and less moderation I would quit here too. Problem is a lot of forums are filled with assholes...

I'm thankful for the community that accumulates here and maybe it has to do with the over-moderation?

You're right though there are a lot of assholes out there and I'm thankful they aren't to many that I've found here. (There has been some). I'm sure it takes some work to flush them all to the side without stepping on the right to voice your opinions.

I can only assume that this site has been flourishing and creating cannabis awareness since 1993 (with few assholes) because of the relentless efforts provided by those people that call this "work". (If I could get paid for this I would :p).

I appreciate you comin in Ottawa and I value your opinions. They're always welcome here.

Back
Top Bottom