Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

So nice to see you out Nivek! And I agree totally-I had the one on the left. It rested on my shelf a long time. Now it's busy mis-measuring the ph of the the landfill. I'm following the fan purchase with great interest as well Pigeons because I should replace my veg room fan.

Nivek! You've been missed!

I have meters to so I'll probably end up using it instead. But we'll see.

It looks like I'll end up getting either the Ostberg or the ventech. Both are about the same price for me and can be shipped to my region. **stupid regions**

Stay tuned to see how I choose :p

I agree... I wasted 15 dollars on a soil ph meter like that.. It was JUNK! Hopefully u have better luck. Mine was analog like the one on the left. Good luck!

I have the 6" 440 CFM Ventech and am very happy with it. I run it at about 75% with a speed control. I've only used it for one crop but it was rock solid. It may not be the most quiet - I can't tell. I have it mounted almost directly to a 2'x4' sheet of plywood which covers an open window but amplifies the noise like a soundboard. Luckily it is not an issue for me.

I got a ventech 6" DF6 (240cfm) the other day. It's helped out in these 90+ days. I definitely hear it as soon as I walk in the garage, so I wouldn't rate it high on stealth.

I had an almost identical meter. It did light, moisture and PH. The needle moved for light and moisture but I never saw it move off of ph 7

Great comments guys!

The noise thing is a bit of an issue for me I would like to keep it quiet. Like I've said in my other posts. I want this room completely off the radar to the rest of the house. I like the idea of maintaining a high tech high quality grow room undetectable to all types of visitors.

Are we saying the ventech is a bit on the noisy side?

Do you like shinies?

The Östberg is a beautiful piece of engineering. Don't forget to include a speed controller in your budget. (About $20.) Sound levels rise exponentially as you approach maximum speed. Most of the noise is friction caused by the air passing by the surface. The fan motor and bearings are very quiet.
You won't regret it Pigeons. When you take it out of the box
you will want to run your hands along the perfectly powder coated curves.

To reduce the noise caused by airflow you may need a muffler. An easy DIY if you're handy. Also, check out PeeJay's fan setup. The foam base should help as well. He talked about it on SweetSue's thread not long ago.

20150706_082252.jpg

Thanks Rascio! I really do want the Ostberg! And that's probably where I'll go.

DoobZilla!! Thanks for stopping in. I'm excited you could join us.

Please don't be filled. It may look like everything's under control but that could be an illusion. I'm really good at making it look like I'm on top of things. :p

Thanks for popping in big guy! Get comfortable and let's have lots of fun!

cheers pidge,, friends,, kind words,, appreciated,,

pidge,, this is the fan i bought,, 420 member 'alienpus' helped me with my set up,, and i thank him very much.

4" 6" 8" Inch Inline Duct FAN Carbon Filter Speed Controller Ducting W Clamp | eBay

P1160132.JPG

it makes some noise, indeed,, but i don't have anything to compare it too. i have a six inch fan pumping out a four inch hole,, why i need the pressure

it pumps er out alright,, you betcha,, though i have had to install air conditioning in my studio,, just in time too,, it has been and is being very very hot this summer. my poor labooratoory garden would have been toast,, literally

other news in my lab is a brand new mars hysro l.e.d. light. only up for a couple of days so far,, can't wait to see some results

cheers pidge,, hopin it works out for ya,, :Namaste:

btw,, that fan has been running 27/7 for two or three months now,, so far,, so good,,

I don't find the Ventech to be particularly quiet, but I have nothing to compare it to.
When running it a 75% all be itself, it is not noisy. But once mounted to my piece of plywood, I can hear when it is on even when the door to the grow room is closed and the room it is behind has its door closed too. Mostly I hear it outside where it is ducted. Seems like any fan will have that issue.

You guys are all providing me with invaluable advice guys. As you all know, your all the most intelligent folks I have in regards to 99% of these issues, so your input means a lot to me.

Still haven't placed the bid yet. Because as I'm sure we all know, money comes and goes faster than it sits for me to shop on eBay. Haha.

I'll keep you all posted. Update tomorrow. And there's some new faces!!!

You need rubber behind that wood or metal and it will be noiseless.... Any kind will do. Find a cheap thin rubber mat or anything and cut it to fit on your brackets or behind the fan that touches wood or metal. As long as you have your ducting sealed its quite to me.

***WEDNESDAY UPDATE***

Hi everyone!

I can't explain how crazy things are getting in the garden. I've never had this much life under my control. I've done this process many times however not on this scale. I typically have one or two plants that I focus all my attention on and that has always worked well. In my previous journal "In the Koupe w/Pigeons420" it was the first time I'd taken on several plants at one time. And for some reason I broke tradition and tried doing this completely different and it didn't go so well. I failed horribly.
This time around I changed the light I'm using and made slight alternations to my cabinet. Although not big changes its been enough for me to second guess my every move. Talk about frustrating. The girls in the veg cabinet are quite lanky because of my light distance but of course as I lower it, the foot print because smaller and the outside girls start bending inward to get some light.
I would like to introduce some CFLs however the last time I did that with the Blueberry Headband and I've stunted her growth by 3 weeks. So, my introduction to CFLs was flawed. I need to come up with another way to increased intensity gradually. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

But anyways, lets check out the girls!

VEG ROOM

I would like to officially introduce my new feminized girls and their specs.

JACK HERER
Black Skull Seeds Jack Herer is a multiple cross of haze strains is a very potent sativa dominant strain of cannabis. These feminized cannabis seeds have a musky, earthy flavour and has a soaring sativa high that will satisfy even the most discerning connoisseur. Through a careful selection process we have focused on the faster finishing phenotypes and now have a top quality haze strain that only needs around 8 weeks to complete flowering.

SUPER HAZE
Ch9 Female Seeds Super Haze is great for closet and homebox garden. It has fabulous taste, and a great high that is long lasting, cerebral and motivational. Astringent aroma combined with the Jack 33 peppery ,a nice cross appreciated from many growers. For the sativa lovers who do not want to wait long ,some phenotypes will finish in 8 weeks. Limited series. This strain is a great medicinal value and really helps alleviate spasms from multiple sclerosis. Super Haze cannabis seeds can be grown both indoor an outdoors.
TOP DAWG
Barneys Farm Top Dawg is a stable hybrid of a Mexican sativa and an Afghan indica. She is a vigorously growing cannabis plant which has a powerful, fruity aroma with a reminiscent of pineapples. The Afghan component gives this indica marijuana a strong stone with more cerebral notes provided by the Mexican weed genetics. Top Dawg always show a very good rate of germination and produce healthy seedlings which can be put under 12/12 straight away. Ideal for SOG and SCROG growing methods
ORKA
With one famous genotype, the Orka is one of BlimBurn Seeds most powerful sativa cannabis seeds. It is the result of crossing two excellent varieties, one sativa and one indica. The Orka is the most psychoactive plant that we have available now, with nearly 21% of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and low CBD (cannabidiol) concentration, which helps the effect, in addition to cerebral and intense psycho activity, it is very durable, produces physical and mental highs which are long, slightly physical, and remarkable.
8 BALL KUSH
Barneys Farm 8--Ball Kush is a mostly indica marijuana cross from the Barney's Farm seeds collection. The origin of this strain is Landrace and comes from the Afghan and Pakistan mountains. 8 Ball Kush is definitely a success of many years of selective inbreeding. Cannabis Seeds of this marijuana variety are extremely easy to grow so this is great for beginners. They are very resistant to mould and mushroom spores and cope fine with stress. They show a good 90% germination rate and produce healthy seedlings which can be put under a 12/12 light cycle straight away. Seeds of 8 Ball Kush are suitable for indoor and outdoor growing.

*Information provided by seed provider.

Here they are! Feminized on the left and regulars on the right. (accept blueberry headband is far right)

image29790.jpg

Blueberry Headband
She has been stunted because of my decision to move her to close to a CFL. But she's alive!!!

image29787.jpg

Feminized Girls

image29788.jpg

image29789.jpg

Regular Girls

image29786.jpg

GROW ROOM

image29791.jpg

MATARO BLUE

image29792.jpg

image29793.jpg

image29802.jpg

FLOWERBOMB KUSH

image29794.jpg

image29795.jpg

image29803.jpg

image29804.jpg

Thanks for joining me today. Take care and love one another

I didn't read your first journal, but why is it you think introducing CFLs had a negative impact on the plants?

I would not expect any problems by mixing lights. Don't mistake tight node spacing for stunted growth. I'd rather have beefy, short plants than tall spindly plants any day.

Your flowering plants are looking good! :thumb:

Sorry I didn't mean that it was introducing CFLs that caused the failure. Rather my desire to change things that aren't broken.

I actually tried germinating under a 400W HPS and it was the intensity that fried them.

I love tight node spacing. But it's obvious that mine are lanky because of the distance of the light. Had I started these girls with the light just inches away. They would have grown at a regular pace but with much tighter nodes. That's the part I changed up this time with this new light. I left it like a foot away for a big foot print but at the expense of intensity.

Thanks Major :love:

Back
Top Bottom