Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

Hey Pidge, It may have just been a bad bean ? Pardon the pun !!
I vegged under hps for years and never had issues, so i doubt that was your problem, unless your light was too close ?

I would love to chalk it up to a bad bean. But damn. Still bit of a hit on my confidence. That's 10$ down the drain. Damn seed prices.

But I will remain positive that the other 3 are healthy and things could be much worse.

Clean, organized, elegant in its anticipation. Pigeons, how far we've come. How many tops do you strive for when you train? I ask because I followed Graytail's directives with Carnival and had a flat canopy established within four days with a simple topping at the right time and some diligent tucking and bending. She acted as though nothing happened when I topped her. I recommend you try it with a plant. I'll be doing the same with all my big plants from now on.

What he changed was waiting longer, until the plants were 12-14" high and had started to bolt upwards. At this point they're stronger and are growing faster, which is why they level out so well. Then he topped them and began gently guiding them. It was so easy to do Pigeons, and look at how she responded. It was nice to get those 12 solid tops with almost no effort on my part.

The tall Jackelope (sp?), are you sure of its sex? If not, keep an eye on that one.

It's been a glorious journey! I'm thankful you've been apart of it. We've taken separate paths but I think our attitudes have always been similar. Positive, expansive and always looking for information to help the cause. And we've done it hand in hand. You came from a tiny closet and I come from a bucket. Gosh, when you put it that way, eh? Oh what do our futures contain?

To answer your question, I typically stop somewhere around 2 or 4 :rofl: but this time I've gone all out. Probably to the point of stress. But I'll be the judge of that :rofl: ORKA has 20-30 tops. So I don't even know what to expect.

I will certainly give Greytail's method a shot. I think I've proven I'll do just about anything in the name of experimentation :rofl:
When I seen the topping of the Carnival, I was shocked, I had never seen it done like that before. But, my god, isn't she wonderous? This will definitely give this a go.

As for the JACKELOPE and the Jabb's Stash. They're both regular seeds. And now that the other room is up and running they are in the closet all by themselves. I won't give a chance for a male to make its way into the flower room. I don't know enough about regular seeds to gamble with it.

Susan, thanks for popping in. You know you're loved around here. I look up to you with more love and respect than I do for my own Mother. :) :love:

Don't be a stranger ;) :love:

It looks wonderful Pigeons. I like how there's plenty of room to move around in there. At the moment there is, anyway... They all look radiant. I wish I had a helpful opinion about Orca. I think if it was my plant I would flip her anytime in the next week or so. But that's not based on any important reasoning, other than that she looks to have enough tops already, by my current standards. Which doesnt mean anything other than that I'm tired of trimming. Most of my plants have about 25-30 tops and at the moment I think I'm trying to move towards having a few less. It was my last trimming session that makes me want to try to have fewer tops, but larger ones.
Anyway- she looks lovely. You've done a great job. I've been stretched a little thin lately but I pop in when I can.
Wishing you all the best Pigeons. :high-five:

WOW pidgeons, so clean, organised and damn them girls look good:goodjob: Hope all is well with you and your family. Am seriously thinking about starting my grow again, my supplier got busted and I dont want to go back onto painkillers, the quality of the street green is poor here((( Sorry for hijacking your thread my friend!!! Is there any site of the hollands yet? If I start up again I will rpobably start with auto's again to get some quick herb then I was going to try the hollands hope and see how she evolves from seed to harvest. Take care my friend and I will continue to learn and meet the many great people here.

Nice setup Pigeons, I'll be interested to see what it looks like in a couple of months... I'm betting you'll have it filled up.
Both you and Sweet Sue mention a Carnival grow of Graytails that was before my time. I'd be interested in reading about if someone could point me in that direction.

It looks wonderful Pigeons. I like how there's plenty of room to move around in there. At the moment there is, anyway... They all look radiant. I wish I had a helpful opinion about Orca. I think if it was my plant I would flip her anytime in the next week or so. But that's not based on any important reasoning, other than that she looks to have enough tops already, by my current standards. Which doesnt mean anything other than that I'm tired of trimming. Most of my plants have about 25-30 tops and at the moment I think I'm trying to move towards having a few less. It was my last trimming session that makes me want to try to have fewer tops, but larger ones.
Anyway- she looks lovely. You've done a great job. I've been stretched a little thin lately but I pop in when I can.
Wishing you all the best Pigeons. :high-five:

Weasel thank you! I certainly appreciate the ability to walk around all my plants. Get an observation from every angle. I think I need to build a table though that can raise and lower to any particular height. That would help keep the lights away from my head. I can only imagine what it's going to look like in a couple months in here. It's already a jungle. :rofl:

As for ORKA, I've had to do a bit of research about at what point to flip a SCROG or other similarly trained plants. It seems that if I can keep the nodes relatively tight, have at least 3 on each top and keep it even. That this should provide me with nice big buds. Now of course this is only speculation because I'm a rookie at all this. I can't only go off what I've done before and from what I've seen the "Greats" do on this magazine.
My intention is to have her ready for flower by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that I'm making the right decision that will maximize my potential.
As for the trimming, I'm not looking forward to it. But after speeding through the trimming for Mataro Blue and not taking my time, I've learned that I will forever take my time and manicure each bud to perfection. There's nothing worse then grabbing s bud for yourself or a friend and looking at a knarly leaf shriveled up sticking out like a sore thumb. Not pretty. Not my style. My montra "I will take my time from now on when trimming my buds"

As always Weasel, I appreciate you stopping by.I can certainly appreciate the hustle and bustle that comes with MOTM. It's a glorious feeling and I recommend you soak up every ounce of it. Cause it does go away. But I will be here when you return :love:

WOW pidgeons, so clean, organised and damn them girls look good:goodjob: Hope all is well with you and your family. Am seriously thinking about starting my grow again, my supplier got busted and I dont want to go back onto painkillers, the quality of the street green is poor here((( Sorry for hijacking your thread my friend!!! Is there any site of the hollands yet? If I start up again I will rpobably start with auto's again to get some quick herb then I was going to try the hollands hope and see how she evolves from seed to harvest. Take care my friend and I will continue to learn and meet the many great people here.

Pure! My man! Hope all is well!

I over heard, in your garden, that you're thinking about starting things up again?! Wouldn't that be awesome!
My family is doing great! We had a wonderful long weekend here with lots of quality family time. It was sad to see it all end as we return to our regular schedules.
I still haven't received the Holland Hope yet. I haven't checked the mail today so maybe there is something awaiting me. I can't wait to get a little something else going on. Cause now there's lots of room in the veg room.

I like the idea of you starting with autos. They're quick and simple to get in and out. Any idea on which strains have your eye? Can't wait to see you get back into the swing of things again!
Pure, with your presence you couldn't high jack my thread. You're always welcome here. Thanks for popping in bud! :love:

Nice setup Pigeons, I'll be interested to see what it looks like in a couple of months... I'm betting you'll have it filled up.
Both you and Sweet Sue mention a Carnival grow of Graytails that was before my time. I'd be interested in reading about if someone could point me in that direction.

Thanks Beaver!! My gosh I can't imagine what the next months will entail! Green green and green. It is my intention to only get bigger from here. More plants and more lights. I've got another 400W HID that has yet to get installed fully. The wires and the ballast are all hooked up. All I need to do is hang the light and turn it on. Could you imagine growing with 1650W HID? Wow? Neither can I!

As for the conversation about the Carnival. I tried to look it up in Susan's journal but pressing time didn't allow me to get to far. (This is something I'm not a 100% familiar with) When I read her journal at the time it looked as if she waited until the plant was about 20" tall and had quite a few nodes. Then topped off the top 5-7 nodes. The total top that was removed was about 8-10" long.
In contrast, when I top, I remove one node and the length is about .5". I do this at about week 2 or 3 of veg and th plant is about 3-4" tall.

If you track her journal back about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago now is when she topped it.

Thanks for coming!!
UPDATE ON THE WAY!!
CAUSE I'M EXCITED!!

:love:Love::love:

***UNORTHODOX TUESDAY UPDATE***

Hi everyone!

I had a great long weekend and I'm so excited with the way things are coming along. There's green everywhere I look and I feel like a giddy little school child. The flip to 12/12 is right around the corner and the prospects of having mountains of mountains of herb is looking positive!

I walked into the garden this morning, the light sleeper were bright, the leaves were green and this out a giant smile on my face. So I thought "why not an update today with a foolish amount of photos?" "Great idea!" I have such glorious conversations between myself and batman that sometimes I feel like we could really solve a lot of life's problems. :rofl:
So today's update has a load of redundant photos that I hope bring a smile to your face. I can't help but constantly remind myself where I was when I started at the 420 magazine. Never thought I'd accomplish this much in such little time. "A space bucket?" :rofl:

image16652.jpg

I've learned so much! Including how to take photos with my phone so they upload the right way up :rofl:

Shall I get on with these pictures?

Had to take a few group shots. They look so marvelous when they're all together in one area.
image1067.jpeg
image1068.jpeg

AUTOS
PINEAPPLE EXPRESS
OG KUSH
WHITE WIDOW XXL
:rip:BLUE DIESEL:rip:
I dug up the seed of Blue Diesel and seen that it did sprout but couldn't find its way up. Poor little guy. Of all these girls it was this one I wanted to see grow the most.

image1069.jpeg

JACK HERER
Tomorrow will probably be the last training day for this girl before the flip. With only about 5 or so tops, I'm satisfied. She didn't quite follow suite with the others. But she'll be just fine.

image1070.jpeg
image1071.jpeg
image1072.jpeg
image1073.jpeg

JACKELOPE & JABB'S STASH (Reg)
These girls are coming along just nicely. They've been given the entire veg room to their selves and they love it!

image1074.jpeg
image1075.jpeg

GROUP SHOT!
image1076.jpeg

SUPER HAZE
A little spindly eh? She needs to get to flower the quickest I'm afraid that she's going to be so skinny going into flower she's going to fall over when she gets some buds.

image1077.jpeg
image1078.jpeg
image1080.jpeg

ORKA
She's been the prize of the show for some time and nothing has changed. I'm hoping by the end of the week she is ready for the flip. She is the deciding factor as to when I switch the lights. I want her to be just right with heavy structure for heavy buds.
I love how even the canopy is. It's all worked out very well. Tomorrow being the last training day I'm anxcious to take her final veg photo and get them buds a rockin!

image1081.jpeg
image1082.jpeg

TOP DAWG
This will be the only girl not to hit the flower room come the flip. She will digress back to the veg cabinet till I can get her to straighten herself out. She's not eating anything so hopefully a couple weeks of water will fix that. But man what a pain in the ass!

image1083.jpeg
image1084.jpeg

8BALL KUSH
Damn, in all the mayhem of my morning rituals I forgot to take more photos of 8Ball Kush. I'm excited to see how this girl does. She will need some of the most training tomorrow before the flip. I'll know for sure if I'll send her to flower after training day.
image1003.jpeg

Thanks for swinging by today folks! Lots of love to each of you :love:

Fine work my friend. I trust you are well. My best to the family :love:

Very well, indeed! Had a great day. Just preparing for bed to have myself another great day! Tell me, Sir, what does tomorrow bring? :rofl:
Awesome work Pidge:high-five:
Man, that Orka....... Wow she looks Fine:thumb:
This is gonna be interesting:bravo:
Bring on the flip !!
:high-five:

Probably bit off more than I can chew. But here I go!

Its going to get crazy in here :party:

Thanks for the group shots, my friend -- your garden looks quite marvellous! Orka is a superstar, but they all look pretty darned good. You must be so excited for flowering! Woo hoo!

Thank you Glimmer! Every morning it's like Christmas morning. I love what I see. It's so simple and easy I just can't get enough of it!

Have a good night!

Hey there Pigeons. I just wanted to give you a heads up that the floor may be a bit slippery near your garden area my friend.

I've been drooling over all of that lucious green and seemed to have dribbled all over the floor. Clean up on isle Pidgeons420 please!!
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

If you allow me to borrow a mop I'll clean up after my own mess. I sure don't want to wear out my welcome and miss the chance of more drooling down the road. LOL!!

Looking good brutha!! Keep on truckin!!
:peace:

HOW DOES IT LOOK?

image974.jpeg

Not only does it look awesome, it looks like someone that is afflicted with a clean/neat/tidy/everything in perfect alignment OCD disorder was involved in the planning and build. LOL!!

Awesome job my friend!!
:bravo::high-five:

Hey there Pigeons. I just wanted to give you a heads up that the floor may be a bit slippery near your garden area my friend.

I've been drooling over all of that lucious green and seemed to have dribbled all over the floor. Clean up on isle Pidgeons420 please!!
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

If you allow me to borrow a mop I'll clean up after my own mess. I sure don't want to wear out my welcome and miss the chance of more drooling down the road. LOL!!

Looking good brutha!! Keep on truckin!!
:peace:

You're welcome to come drool anytime my friend. I think it's only fair, I've left a few puddles in your room too. But I was embarrassed and soaked it up with my sock. :rofl:

Thanks for the wonderful and imaginative comment Uncle! You're always welcome here!

I've got another update on the way! It's training day!

Not only does it look awesome, it looks like someone that is afflicted with a clean/neat/tidy/everything in perfect alignment OCD disorder was involved in the planning and build. LOL!!

Awesome job my friend!!
:bravo::high-five:

Yea, no, just me. Lol I suffer from all these things. But for some reason it only ever gets applied to my garden room :p the house is a disaster! Haha

Thanks for the smile first thing in the morning!

Looking great pigeons! Thanks for the jackalope update :cool:

Thank you sir! I'm overly impressed with the way things are working out!

Thanks again!

Pure! My man! Hope all is well!

I over heard, in your garden, that you're thinking about starting things up again?! Wouldn't that be awesome!
My family is doing great! We had a wonderful long weekend here with lots of quality family time. It was sad to see it all end as we return to our regular schedules.
I still haven't received the Holland Hope yet. I haven't checked the mail today so maybe there is something awaiting me. I can't wait to get a little something else going on. Cause now there's lots of room in the veg room.

I like the idea of you starting with autos. They're quick and simple to get in and out. Any idea on which strains have your eye? Can't wait to see you get back into the swing of things again!
Pure, with your presence you couldn't high jack my thread. You're always welcome here. Thanks for popping in bud! :love:

Thanks pigeons, I popped 2 beans into water last night, one critical jack auto and one Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, both sank and they have just gone into soil. My set up is same as before apart from my carbon filter and fan are outside the tent to give me more room and I will be getting a MarsHydro LED for flowering in addition to my cfl's. Can't wait, just hope they both break soil. I will be using the Medi-One all the way as I want to go organic again. Glad all is well in your world and I hope you get the Hollands soon, I will be trying them next. Take care my friend

WEDNESDAY/FINAL TRAINING DAY

Wow I can't believe the time is quickly approaching to switch the lights. Mark your calendars, I will switch the lights on Friday! The only two girls that will not be involved in the flip are the autos, the regulars and Top Dawg. Everyone else will see the nights get longer! Wowzers I'm so excited! I hope you're all feeling as excited as I am for your own gardens.

This will be the last designated training day. I'm sure that, for the first week or two, I'll need to bend the odd girl to keep her even. But aside from that they will hit flower as you see them today.

8BALL KUSH
Before Training
image1131.jpeg

After Training and a slight defol.
image1133.jpeg
image1134.jpeg
image1136.jpeg

TOP DAWG
Receiving no training she will make her way back into the veg room on Friday. Ok guys, what's wrong with her? I thought it was an overdose the whole time. But, now, I'm not to sure. I'm probably going to throw her to the FAQ thread for some assistance.
image1137.jpeg
image1138.jpeg
image1138.jpeg
image1139.jpeg

ORKA
I have her a slight bend. But other then that she didn't get any training. She's perfect. I suppose I could defol. her a bit before the flip but I'm not going to. She's going in just like that, a bush.

image1140.jpeg
image1141.jpeg
image1142.jpeg

SUPER HAZE
She curling a bit on her tops so I'll just water for the next week then see where's she's at. She actually looks a light deficient. But I'll follow my gut with this one and water for a bit. Bring on the flip!

image1143.jpeg
image1144.jpeg
image1145.jpeg

JACK HERER
She's still in a small pot. I'm not sure if I'll put her in a bigger one or not. The only thing I have available is a 7 gallon and I'm not sure I want to dedicated it to her or not. She didn't need any training today. She'll hit flower just like this.

image1146.jpeg
image1147.jpeg
image1148.jpeg

JACKELOPE & JABB'S STASH
Looking great holding up in the veg room. It's going to get a lot busier in her after Friday. I will be adding in the autos and the Top Dawg. I may have to do a little rearranging.

image1149.jpeg
image1150.jpeg
image1151.jpeg

Thanks for coming guys! Let's get ready for a problem free flowering period :rofl: yea right!

Thanks pigeons, I popped 2 beans into water last night, one critical jack auto and one Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, both sank and they have just gone into soil. My set up is same as before apart from my carbon filter and fan are outside the tent to give me more room and I will be getting a MarsHydro LED for flowering in addition to my cfl's. Can't wait, just hope they both break soil. I will be using the Medi-One all the way as I want to go organic again. Glad all is well in your world and I hope you get the Hollands soon, I will be trying them next. Take care my friend

Oh how exciting!! Starting a journal or continuing off from the last? Can't wait to see you shine, man! Also can't wait for the Hollands to show up!

Thanks for popping in PG!

Back
Top Bottom