PlantWrestler's Ultimate Growing Championships!

Basically yes ,Deville is correct .
Take my multicoloured strain I've never crossed in a green pheno ,ever .
Locked in the colour and potency,then crossed her to up yield by only using phenos with the tightest nodes that showed colour,my secret with her has been patience ,I only cross in what blows my mind .

My thoughts exactly. I will take a mother from my current crop and bring her in the house by herself. Then we can wait for the right mate. I want to cross her with someone her equal just shorter flowering time. By the next two grows I'll be around 14 flowering and 14 vegging at all times so have lots of room to try out some cool seeds.

I saw something interesting in another thread where an old grower were talking about the good old days. He said that after many generations of crossing plants for shorter flowering time, he would end up with fast flowering plants but the THC would be lower. I'm not sure if there is something to that or if it's just bullshit.

Yeah the rumour goes that if you use the fastest flowering males the potency will go down and yes that's true if you only pick the fastest flowering males and that's the only trait you pick out again and again then it makes sense you will achieve the results that those males produce .
However if u pick males that are more potent and have a shorter flowering time than the mother that will recieve their pollen than you can up potency and shorten flowering time and that's where the patience comes in ,finding the best plants you have ever seen isn't a process you can hurry but your reward will be worth the waiting testing and mental unresting!

Agreed! Patience patience patience. It's everything in this game. Bottom line - It takes years to develop a good, stabile and uniform strain. I notice when I buy seeds from professional breeders, there is a lot more genetic variation than you would expect from a "stabile" strain. There is a lot of people just crossing stuff and calling themselves breeders. I am one of those - I am NOT professional. Hoping some day I will be though - learning a little bit every single time I plant a seed or take a clone or flower a plant.

Agreed! Patience patience patience. It's everything in this game. Bottom line - It takes years to develop a good, stabile and uniform strain. I notice when I buy seeds from professional breeders, there is a lot more genetic variation than you would expect from a "stabile" strain. There is a lot of people just crossing stuff and calling themselves breeders. I am one of those - I am NOT professional. Hoping some day I will be though - learning a little bit every single time I plant a seed or take a clone or flower a plant.

The true mark of a champion deville .
You are more professional than you may think .
You me all of us here we all do it for the love not the $ the "pros" don't really have a chance when it comes to matching what you want personally .
If you want something done pro-perly ............
Just quickly ,thankyou to all of you up in this journal ,thankyou ,so good to talk plants with people who love them !

It's true love Wrestler.

ALRIGHT NOW!
Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize
I can't forget you, for your surprise
you introduced me, to my mind
And left me wanting, you and your kind

I love you, Oh you know it

My life was empty, forever on a down
Until you took me, showed me around
My life is free now, my life is clear
I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear

Come on now, try it out

Straight people don't know, what you're about
They put you down and shut you out
you gave to me a new belief
and soon the world will love you sweet leaf

Sweet leaf - Black Sabbath 1971

I love this sweet leaf too. I was reading that and I'm like this sounds familiar... I'm so glad to have a community to get quality info from. Where I live even if there were growers here I couldn't tell them. It is way too small of a community everybody would know. All it would take is one cold winter. They have nothing better to do than gossip then. Not worried about the law I'm well under my allowable plant count. I just worry about the safety of my family if some one were to find out. I just wanted to say thanx to you guys. You share freely all the knowledge you have gained over years of growing. I get to slingshot past all the mistakes already made by others.

And slingshot you have I tell you what your a lot better than I was when I first started man!
Having something like this would have been awesome but I didn't even have a mobile phone back then ,a great place to store memories of how ana what you grew all the photos stored online to access , I couldn't take photos of plants either cause it would of been on film and I was paranoid that when I took the roll of film in to get developed that the people would see the plants and have the cops waiting for me to pick the photos up hahaha

LOL - Remember we had a "special" developer when the films had "special" photos. There was one that was known to be discreet and all the suspicious types went there with their films. Good old days

And slingshot you have I tell you what your a lot better than I was when I first started man!
Having something like this would have been awesome but I didn't even have a mobile phone back then ,a great place to store memories of how ana what you grew all the photos stored online to access , I couldn't take photos of plants either cause it would of been on film and I was paranoid that when I took the roll of film in to get developed that the people would see the plants and have the cops waiting for me to pick the photos up hahaha

I'm not unrealistic in my expectations nor would I push it so hard I believe. Just looking to ensure I could get it in around 10 weeks all the time.

10 weeks is good. I laugh at anything that suggests less. 47 day strains and stuff, give it a break. Strains around the 10 week mark seem to suit me is what i am saying. Less and yeild suffers, more and they start to bore me... .

10 weeks is good. I laugh at anything that suggests less. 47 day strains and stuff, give it a break. Strains around the 10 week mark seem to suit me is what i am saying. Less and yeild suffers, more and they start to bore me... .

Yep I count 10 weekers from 12/12 so if you count flower from pistals instead of 12/12 then 10 weekers sorta become 9 weekers if you get what I mean like 10 weeks of 12/12 but 9 weeks of that 12/12 is true flowering after the conversion period

I will never understand why people count from pistils. Its totally wrong and should be banned. Its 12/12 or your deluding yourself.
In no logical reality can i accept otherwise.

I will never understand why people count from pistils. Its totally wrong and should be banned. Its 12/12 or your deluding yourself.
In no logical reality can i accept otherwise.

On my first but. Counting from flip I'm on day 66 on 63 day strains and have about 5-10% amber. From pistils was another week so should be right on schedule there. But this Russian doll and candy cream day 63 but talk to people who have grown they say 77-101.

Back
Top Bottom