PW's Perpetual Playhouse

Nice, you use any of it for foliar spray? I read that calcium that is absorbed by the leaves dont transport it to the fruits / buds but it means that any calcium absorbed by the roots goes to the fruit seeing as the leaves have enough. Most likely can't do a foliar during flowering of it though
Have not used in a foliar. Think I may be upping my dose with the water on a few plants though.

Yes and I don’t want to much amber on this one so it’ll come down soon.

I'm surprised you have any amber... I don't get any or VERY few on the DT I run (Durban Poison) 10-13 weeks.

Some sativa wont amber from my experience. These Landrace Sativa are hard to tell when ripe .... they just want to keep on growing...

Should be good meds for you for wake n bake if thats your thing. Getting up that early for work, need more coffee.

Edit:

j-meds said:
I wonder how much C can be put naturally into soil and released quickly, and how?

Can be done with a few things.. all water soluble forms of Ca
calcium nitrate (CaNO3)
calcium thiosulfate (CaS2O3)

these ^^ are not organic and I'm not recommending them for that reason. Farmers use these chemicals for Ca.

These are water soluble and are used in drip irrigation systems to increase Ca uptake by the plants.

Mg deficiency:

You all know where I'm at on the Mg deficiency.. could be a thing with a NO-SOIL run but any plant in soil, it's not going to be a Mg deficiency. More likely Mg toxicity and what everyone describes as a Mg deficiency is actually toxicity - yellowing leaves from the center out and starting at the btm. with necrosis.. Ca deficiency looks pretty close as well and a lot more likely.

Blaze asked about that but that was his plant in a hempy bucket no soil so could MAYBE be Mg def.. my money would be on Ca def. or a water issue. Soil-less runs I would have to think clean water would be a top priority. RO filtered water a guess??

Ca the fast way:

To get calcium in a water soluble form we need to break it down like in Emy's tutorial. Adding egg shells to vinegar (acetic acid) turns the calcium in the egg shell to calcium acetate which is water soluble and can be foiler sprayed/watered in onto the plants for a Ca boost. Toasting the crushed egg shells before soaking shortens the time for the shells to turn into Calcium Acetate. Watering in is probably the best way to add Ca ... as mentioned there's some benefit for fruits and flowers when used as a foiler but the plants transport Ca from the roots to the shoots via plants Xylem (vascular system) not from leaves to shoots/flowers/fruits.

I've tried adding into soil WITH plants growing, some forms of Ca that are NOT in soluble form I.E. Calcium Carbonate (messes up soil PH - no go), and also tried Gypsum... it's a moderately water soluble form of Ca so it has to be broken down by microbes so too late for current plants already flowering. I would call gypsum medium (time) release. You might get some Ca relief but depends on several factors and will take a while - not a short term fix.

Soil-less - cal/mag

Soil grow - water into soil & foiler spray water soluble form of Ca. (best to have medium & long term release Ca in soil from the beginning of run and lots of it - both Calcium Carbonate and Gypsum.)

Just the Apical flower has amber showing, the rest are mostly cloudy. I'll take a lower bud today for a tester and see how it affects me then decide whether to chop or give it more time.

I'm not sure, gypsum maybe?

Oyster Shell flour is great, but it still need to be broken down for a few weeks. Gypsum is great as well and so are the crushed egg shells. All of these take time. You can't expect to see the results quickly with these calcium sources. EWC is another great source of calcium as well. I love making ACTs (Aerated Compost Teas) where I use a cup of EWC and 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground kelp mixed in with 2.5 gallons of water and a tablespoon of molasses. That ACT gives the plant instant access to whatever is in the tea. Worm poop is the shit!!!

First time I've heard of it.

Yeah it's a white bootle by bio something. Called sweet tea. See so many people swearing by teas lol

Not sure teas would be a benefit in a coco/hydro setup. Maybe Bob Brown would be able to answer that one.

Yeah not a big deal at this time yet .

Thank you though penny .

We'll do organic down the road, I'm just not ready yet

Me either still a another grow or two to get under my belt At least lol

Back
Top Bottom