Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

I was wondering because I use to have all types of problems with browning and crispy leaves back when I couldn't control my temps (high as the mid 90s on a regular basis) but yours looks perfect. That Veg RH is crazy though.

A few veg photos

Borderliner Iman. Her leaves are about an inch long.

20151120_120603-1.jpg

The two new Tangerine are settling in well. Tangerine Yasmine is very lush

20151120_120420-1.jpg

After so many clones, I am enjoying the opposite leaves of a seedling. Yasmine has tight nodes :)

20151120_120433-1.jpg

Tangerine Ghita also has a nice shape, but shows a bit more leg.

20151120_120443-1.jpg

In a post mite spider mileu, late veg is finally getting bushy.

20151120_120634.jpg

With daily supercropping, it looks I willl be able to hold the 2 end plants under 2 feet for another 2 weeks until I am ready for them to graduate to the flower room.

20151120_120650.jpg

Everything in veg is green and relatively happy, including the rooting clones :)

20151120_120833-1.jpg

:cheer:

Everything does look lively and green.

You're right, Ghita is leggy. Maybe some mesh leggings are in order soon?

:laughtwo:

I just know I saw a picture of a teensy spider here yesterday, I loved it. Must be on the previous page.

That teensy spider built a web from pots to T5 lights spanning 5 plants. The web was destroyed in the path of normal gardening. Destroyed because I once again go to each pot each day with a moisture probe. It is how I protect them against me over watering :rofl:

I also am back to spreading the leaves open on seedlings. I like spreading leaves on seedlings. There seems to be no equivalent internode training techniquee for clones :)

I was wondering because I use to have all types of problems with browning and crispy leaves back when I couldn't control my temps (high as the mid 90s on a regular basis) but yours looks perfect. That Veg RH is crazy though.

The veg RH is crazy. It has been in the 70-85% RH range for weeks When I placed buckets of water in the flower room overnight the RH went up 10%. But the veg room didn't go down. I don't want to water with cold water !

Clone vs Clone update

On 11/05, 16 days ago, I decided to make a test.

My premise for Snow Queen was that a newly planted rooted clone will look better in 30 days than a woody old clone held too long in a 1-liter pot. Here are old and newly planted clones side-by-side. It's a competition!

20151106_135942-1.jpg

In today's update, the new clone looks like it won't be quite filling the pot in 12 days. However the competition is for which one looks better for transplanting.

4 month old clone vs clone just 18 days from planting. 12 days to go.

20151122_143934.jpg

I'm throwing my vote behind the baby. Give that youngster two more weeks and it'll grab that transplant slot.

I rearranged the flower room a tiny bit, switched 2 plants.

20151122_143309.jpg

I gathered the 3 girls to be harvested in the next 2-3 weeks under the left side 600w HPS.
I haven't seen mites in half a month, so I stopped spraying the upcoming harvest. I will continue spraying all the other girls in flower and veg.
Chemically, health wise, the neem is safe to ingest, but I'm hoping to avoid any neem flavors in the bud by not spraying them in their final 2 weeks.

20151122_143154-1.jpg

Over on the right side of the room, Snowcap Stacy's stretch hit about 20 inches, and the glass of the light.

20151122_141952-1.jpg

In a flowering room first, I supercropped the top cola during early flower. I was not gentle.

20151122_142005-1.jpg

The canopy is not even close to even, but it's better. Both as a single plant and as a grouping of 3 plants.

20151122_143204-1.jpg

Seedling surprise

Of the 4 seeds put into water on 11/6, the two that were potted on 11/9. Borderliner Iman and AK47 Bonnie are doing just fine.

The 2 Hawaiian Skunk seeds, potted on 11/15, are wierdos.

HWS Flower, cracked her seed coat after 9 days in water and turned fuzzy. Today, after 8 more days, she showed above the soil.

20151123_125213.jpg

HWS Lailani had a root shorter than her seed when planted. When she popped above the soil today, she looked even worse than Flower.

20151123_125159-1-1.jpg

:confused: Looking closely at the leafless appendage above, I came up with a theory and dug her up.

Yes, that was a root showing and she was growing upside down. :goof:

HWS Lailani pointing right side up. I don't have much hope

20151123_125540-1.jpg

I sometimes have the same problem if the radicle is too short when planted. Seed gets confused & radicle grows in a circular direction rather than straight down. If the radicle is at least 1/4" long, it is much less likely to "spin", use up energy, & fail. My own fault sometimes for wanting to plant all seeds at one shot instead of being patient & waiting until each radicle is sufficiently long.
:Namaste:

I sometimes have the same problem if the radicle is too short when planted. Seed gets confused & radicle grows in a circular direction rather than straight down. If the radicle is at least 1/4" long, it is much less likely to "spin", use up energy, & fail. My own fault sometimes for wanting to plant all seeds at one shot instead of being patient & waiting until each radicle is sufficiently long.
:Namaste:

I was waiting for radicle, but after 8 days the water was getting 'fuzzy' around the seed.
I debated replacing the water, but I thought it would be safer going to soil.

Now I know - thanks for the info !

I'm with Canna here. Positive vibes were initiated the instant the picture popped up on my screen. Intention is everything people. :battingeyelashes:

There is always such interesting goings on in your tent, Radogast. Im not caught up yet, but Im liking what Im seeing. :)

Today started out like an ordinary 15 minute day in the garden ,,, little did I know.

One of the relations showed up and declared, despite almost all clear trichomes, that it was time to harvest Snow Queen.
(I barely had time to snap two blurry photos.)

20151124_132519-1.jpg

At 3 feet tall, and 59 days in the flower room, Snowcap Snow Queen was starting to foxtail.

20151124_132722-1.jpg

The relation did the cut, trim, and bag to dry by himself in 30 minutes. No bud washing was done.
Her buds are dank, sticky and firm, so I don't think the early chop was a total waste.

20151124_182224.jpg

Some of you may recall, that my Old Clone vs Young Clone 30 day experiment was for Snow Queen, and today was only 20 days. My current perpetual plan calls for a clone to grow in the pot of it's mother, so the idea had been to pick one of the two to place into mother Snow Queen's pot. Rather than shorten the competition to 20 days, I potted the two plants side by side.

I expanded the experiment to Snow Queen: Old Clone vs Young Clone in the same pot.

20151124_180517.jpg

It's a better experiment, since it now tracks the plants longer :) I'm still rooting for the 20 days in soil clone.

20151124_180523-1.jpg

A harvest 10 days early left me an opening in the flower room, so I brought forward two girls from late veg that were anxious to be promoted.

Chop One, Promote Two: from 6 to 7 in the Flower Room.

20151124_182034.jpg

New entries: Girl Scout Cookie Annabelle (back right) and breeder seed Giselle C1 (front right)

20151124_182140.jpg

They join breeder seeds Lachesis (back left) and Janice (front left) for their final few days before harvest.

On the right side of the Flower Room (the view from 3-5'): Northern Lights Stella (back right) has stretched 8", 4-5" in the last two days

20151124_182054.jpg

Since Annabelle and Giselle went into the Flower Room, I took 2 clones each, filling my daisy cloner.

20151124_180655.jpg

My perpetual plan, to clone in the pot of it's mother plan was solved for Snow Queen, but I still had an issue with the pot for Hawaiian Skunk Hani C1. My cloning attempts and reveg of Hani C1 failed, leaving another free pot. My seedlings aren't ready for transplant, so I went for a rooted clone, skipped the small pot, and went directly into a large fabric pot.

Rooted Northern Lights clone Stella C1 went straight into a large pot

20151124_181748.jpg

After promoting a few plants, Early Veg with Stella(back right), Tangerine Yasmine(front right), and the 4 seedlings.

20151124_181914.jpg

The next largest girls in late Veg, Girls Scout Cookies (left) and C2 Caramelicious(right)

20151124_180727-1.jpg

Late Veg: Tangerine Ghita (gray), Lachesis (red), C1 Snow Queens (center front), and C2 White Widows(center back)

20151124_180712.jpg

The Girl Scout Cookies in front right is a foot shorter than the other photo. She chose to snap rather than supercrop her two tallest branches.

My 15 minutes in the garden turned into 2 hours of stream-of-consciousness gardening.
Now that I have a perpetual plan, the gardening steps fall one after the other. :circle-of-love:

A wonderful session of gardening it was Rad. Thanks for taking us along. :hug:

Congrats on the chop my friend! Your garden is getting busy busy with it. :)
I had been thinking on putting two of my THC Bomb clones in the same pot, I think you just made my mind up on that. :laughtwo:

It's great that you now have your perpetual plan in action as well!

I'm going to take a closer look at your pics in a bit. Busy morning here.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom