Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Bonnie..as in "Bonnie and Clyde"? (AK47....the guns. Those two were always sportin' their guns. Not sure if they had that one though)
and Iman...as in that model?

Just throwing guesses. LOL

Edit: I love how you did the little seed nest so it doesn't get into too strong soil before it's got good walking feets.

:circle-of-love:

Full points for Bonnie of Bonnie and Clyde.

AK47 was not the actual gun used by Bonnie and Clyde. .45 Browning Automatic Rifles (BARs) AKA 'Tommy guns' stolen from National Guard Armories and fast cars were the elements of their crime spree that captured national attention. 3 Tommy guns and thousands of bullets were found in the car where Bonnie and Clyde were ambushed, as well as a few other hand guns. AK47 is the more modern USSR based sub-machine gun that fills the same societal niche - the rapid fire weapon of choice for national guard and criminla gangs.

I'm only giving you partial credit for model Iman. She is the one, but I'm looking for the connection between Borderliner Bowie and Borderliner Iman :)

Lighting SNAFU

Several days ago, at least 4 days ago, I wandered down to the basement and noticed the Flowering Room lights on at 2am! I had been downstairs when they went off at 10PM, so on at 2AM was a big surprise. I turned them off. I checked the digital timer and it was set for 11am ON, 10pm OFF. The time was set to the correct time.

Gaslighting the flower room is not good.

Since this is a mutiple on/off time timer, I checked and time 2 pair, time 3 pair, time 4 pair were blank. I also checked around midnight the next night and the flowering room lights were off.

This morning at 8AM I found the flowering room lights ON. So not good. There are 8 on/off pairs and I discovered pair number 7 setting for ON at midnight with no related OFF.

- - - - bottom line - - - -

For an unknown period of time, at least 4 days, my flowering lights were ON for 22 hours per day

That explains why the girls 6 days and 14 days in the flowering room were not setting flowers.

I guess I'll be getting seeds out of the girls 40+ days in the room. We will see... dang nab it!

Oh Crap!

This same thing happened to me with a timer issue a couple years ago. The lights were on 24 hours for almost a week. I didn't know it because I was tending to them during their scheduled lights on time. I accidentally, as you did, happened in there early during what was supposed to be dark. What ended up happening was some of the plants went into a reveg stage, grew wierd leaves and new tops all over the place. I did have one plant produce seeds.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens there. You had to be just beside yourself with frustration my friend!

Full points for Bonnie of Bonnie and Clyde.

AK47 was not the actual gun used by Bonnie and Clyde. .45 Browning Automatic Rifles (BARs) AKA 'Tommy guns' stolen from National Guard Armories and fast cars were the elements of their crime spree that captured national attention. 3 Tommy guns and thousands of bullets were found in the car where Bonnie and Clyde were ambushed, as well as a few other hand guns. AK47 is the more modern USSR based sub-machine gun that fills the same societal niche - the rapid fire weapon of choice for national guard and criminla gangs.

I'm only giving you partial credit for model Iman. She is the one, but I'm looking for the connection between Borderliner Bowie and Borderliner Iman :)

I knew I had Bonnie and Clyde right, but that model....I couldn't even remember her last name. LOL
Don't have a clue what the connection is there really.

Thanks!
:high-five:

Oh Crap!

This same thing happened to me with a timer issue a couple years ago. The lights were on 24 hours for almost a week. I didn't know it because I was tending to them during their scheduled lights on time. I accidentally, as you did, happened in there early during what was supposed to be dark. What ended up happening was some of the plants went into a reveg stage, grew wierd leaves and new tops all over the place. I did have one plant produce seeds.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens there. You had to be just beside yourself with frustration my friend!

I haven't seen reveg symptoms, so your words - dire as they sound - are encouraging :)

The frustration is mostly that I was FINALLY expecting enough harvest to try creating RSO.
And also, it would be nice to be done with lighting problems for the year :)

AK47 Bonnie and Borderliner Iman

20151114_121503-1.jpg

20151114_121450.jpg

Single use soil

20151114_125309-1.jpg

And they called them Tangerine Girls

A pair of 'probably Tangerine clones' came my way last night. I'm sure transportation under the cover of darkness was just a coincidence. They look vibrantly healthy to me. My wife named them from among the 10 most popular Moroccan girl names. Tangerines come from Morrocco. Ghita had a little swirl of hydro roots at the base of her 3" square pot and was a week or two away from being rootbound. Yasmine had her roots reach all the edges of the 3" plastic pot so full extension but not root bound. Both were ready for transplant, so I trimmed roots on in an x pattern from two lines connecting soil line passing through the center of the bottom of the pot and then back up to soil line on the opposite face and sprinkled liberally with Rhizo Boost.

Jasmine from 3" pot to new 5 gallon pot, a g-lite GeoPot freebie from the Indoor Grower's Show. I had been standing at the booth before a lady shopper who was looking at the pots and I broke in "I have tried the other brand of fabric pot here at the show, in 7 and 10 gallon sizes, and GeoPot is much superior. It keeps shape better and the soil does not get loose at the edges of the pot, it stays in place. I know the good seams help, but there is something else." and the saleperson chimed in with "It's the square bottom of the pot that keeps it stable." The other shopper got the typical 2 gallon sample from the sales person, who then reached back and gave me a 5 gallon pot "It's the largest we have today, and more for demonstration than a sample to give away." I gladly accepted.

Putatively Tangerine Yasmine

20151114_121031-1.jpg

Yasmine was topped to form two colas. Reportedly all this growers plants are dank and shaped to two main colas

20151114_121016-1.jpg

Closeup of final top

20151114_121724-1.jpg

Yasmine in her 5 gallon pot of single-use soil. The leaves are broad and a bit clubbed. They look happy to me.:)

20151114_151932-1.jpg

Purported Tangerine Ghita

20151114_121059-1.jpg

Note how the two bottom leaves appear to be cotyledon leaves by shape and textue? Yasmine has them too. Are these two "Tangerine Clones" actually seedlings? Giving away seedlings is expensive if they come from a breeder. They may be home made seeds. They are probably unsexed seeds if they aren't clones.

Ghita's cotyledon leaves?

20151114_121153-1.jpg

Ghita's 2 cola tops are not as far advanced at Yasmine's tops.
Yet the consistent size and method shows a skillful breeder, if not a breeder careful enough to label their plants.

20151114_121523-1.jpg

Ghita is in a 5 gallon bucket. About 1 week ago, when I refined the perpetual plan, I decided that any plant that wasn't fitting in to the rotation will be raised in a 5-gallon bucket of single-use soil : perlite, peat, compost and rock dust. I can add bottled nutrients as required. Girls that have not proved themselves, or do not have breeder seed credentials, will be raised in 5-gallon buckets. If they prove themselves desirable, a place will be made for them in one of the 11 fabric pots in living soil rotation. :)

20151114_151917-1.jpg

Early Veg after adding transplanted Tangerine Girls

20151114_151942.jpg

My hydro store had a similar story...

A Smart Pot rep came in and brought in a few different fabric containers to do side by sides for the store and the Geo Pots always outperformed. So my store didn't go with the Smart Pots and now only carry Geo Pots. Bet that rep may be reconsidering his sales strategy lol.

They also gave me a free 2gallon, so I bought another to go with it so I didnt look like a cheap skate haha.

My hydro store had a similar story...

A Smart Pot rep came in and brought in a few different fabric containers to do side by sides for the store and the Geo Pots always outperformed. So my store didn't go with the Smart Pots and now only carry Geo Pots. Bet that rep may be reconsidering his sales strategy lol.

They also gave me a free 2gallon, so I bought another to go with it so I didnt look like a cheap skate haha.
I've been a cheapskate for years:circle-of-love:

Flower Room mini update

On the left side of the room, Snow Queen and Lachesis after 1% Neem Oil spraying. I am spraying once every three days until I get a week from harvest. After 50 days under 11/13, I believe I still have 15-20 days to go.

Snowcap Snow Queen

20151115_214905-1.jpg

Breeder Free Seed Lachesis

20151115_215031-1.jpg

On the right side of the room,

Snowcap Tracy behind Breeder Free Seed Janice.
Tracy was the same height as Janice when she went into the Flowering Room. She has grown a foot in the last 5 days.

20151115_215104-1.jpg

Northern Lights Stella 12 days under 11/13 (except some of those days were 22/2)
Stella and Tracy both appear female, but have yet to form flowers.

20151115_215111-1.jpg

Garden Room mini-update

Late Veg. The Girl Scout Cookie and Giselle on the right are pushing the height limit, but I don't want them in flower until December.

20151115_215209-1.jpg

A look at Giselle and how I am supercropping every tall branch to form a canopy at the 20" line. I imagine this as a wireless scrog :)

20151115_215233.jpg

I planted two Hawaiian Skunk seeds today. Sprouted in water, Lailani had shown a tail for 3 days, but the tail was half the length of the seed. I had planned to plant her today. Flower had just split her seed cover overnight, but both the seeds also developed a fuzzy coat overnight so I decided to get them into soil before they fully rotted. There is a chance the seeds will grow. Since they are unsexed seeds, there is a good chance it will be male. These skunk will go into a 5 gallon bucket with single-use soil. According to the new rules, only top shelf girls get the perpetual living soil. I'll also clone them and sex their clones as soon as possible - I don't plan to fully veg a boy plant.

20151115_215756.jpg

Ahhhhh....it just hit me, maybe I missed the name reason somewhere along the line. "Tracy"...Tracy Chapman? "Give me one reason to stay here...."

Nice update. :) I love the wireless scrog idea. Looks like it's working out well thus far.

The reasons for names shift - more times than the 6 or so people who have chosen names.

Tracy is short for "Tracy's Mom has really got it going on!" As you may suspect, that name was chosen by a young man - noone you know :)

Borderliner seed #1 was named "Bowie" by the girl. Her smoke was top shelf.
Borderliner seed #2 is named "Iman" by the girl - David Bowie's wife :)

Hawaiian Skunk seed #1 was named Hani (emphasis on the Hawaiian.) Her smoke was top shelf. She had 1 daughter Hani but her daughter failed to clone.
Hawaiian Skunk seed #2 was a boy.
Hawaiian Skunk seed #3 is named Lailani (emphasis on the Hawaiian.)
Hawaiian Skunk seed #4 is named Flower (emphasis on the Skunk.)

"Give me one reason to stay here...."

Because you are my muse and inspiration! You exemplify intelligent persistence and commitment to a balanced life.

I love the wireless scrog idea. Looks like it's working out well thus far.

It's only wireless because I couldn't find any old tomato cages or other really simple supports.
I suppose I could fix a wire mesh to the bottom of the CFL fixture and keep pulling branch tips below the mesh :)

I just laughed so hard!
When I said "Give me one reason to stay here...", I was singing a Tracy Chapman song. One of my fav's.
It never occurred to me that it would look like it was directed to you. So sorry....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dang I needed that laugh tonight! :thanks:

And I had no idea David Bowie was married to Iman. Another Doh! moment

Scrogs are easy to rig up with stuff around 'da house, you'll do just fine and so will those plants.

I just laughed so hard!
When I said "Give me one reason to stay here...", I was singing a Tracy Chapman song. One of my fav's.
It never occurred to me that it would look like it was directed to you. So sorry....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dang I needed that laugh tonight! :thanks:

And I had no idea David Bowie was married to Iman. Another Doh! moment

Scrogs are easy to rig up with stuff around 'da house, you'll do just fine and so will those plants.

Tracy Chapman song ... got it. My brain was picturing Tracy Morgan :rofl: :bongrip:

Glad I could make your life bounce with laughter :loopy:

The grow rooms have been mite free for a couple of weeks. :wood:
The girls are happy and growing better than they have in months.:party:

Snowcap Stacy has put on about 18" of stretch in the flower room without putting out buds. I am a bit concerned and watching her.:rollingeyes:
Northern Lights Stella went into the flower room on the same day (11-3.) She has 5" of stretch and is just showing pistil tufts.:blushsmile:

I will now post recent random photos related to marijuana cultivation. :yummy:

Rehydrated banana peel soda (adding food and water to the worm bin at the same time.) :morenutes:

20151118_105138-1.jpg

A spider building a web on the edge of a seedling pot. With two 5 gallon pots of fresh soil I have a handful of gnats.:byebye:

20151117_134405-1.jpg

A lower bud on breeder free seed Lachesis. She is 53 days under 11/13 light and starting to foxtail. :hmmmm:
After a few days under 22/2 light, Snowcap Snow Queen (52 days) is also starting to foxtail :rolleyes3

20151116_170220-1.jpg

Grinder kief in a large tictac container. (Shown next to a one-hitter for size comparison.) :yahoo:
With the broken ankle, the wife has been grinding up a lot of flowers. I'm glad there is a 3-plant harvest coming up in a couple of weeks. :goof:

20151119_141147.jpg

:ciao:

Let me ask you Rado, what are the temp highs inside your grow?

Back
Top Bottom