Ranger275 - Adventures in the 2nd Dimension

Hey Ranger!

I've been busy getting my place cleaned up before I move, but I hope to get up there Thursday (I'd say tomorrow, but it's 12:02 as I type this so that's not accurate) I hope I see you then, as I have something for you. As for your idea I would love to do it, I plan to do some of that on my drive across country, something I have always wanted to do for a very long time (drive across the country, smoke some green and write my wild thoughts out on paper I mean)

Bobrown: I'm glad you enjoyed my report, Ranger's grow was inspiring! I'd love to take you up on your offer.

Three quick things before I hit 'post'

1. If my math is correct this will be the 420th post on this topic
2. I am, as the kids say, 'dry as a bone' I hope you fine human beings will smoke up for me in honor of that fine number please.
3. I like trilogies.

Winston, I'm at the very tail end of my own harvest and that means a dry spell I wasn't planning on. I will, in your honor, get thoroughly buzzed this afternoon when I finally get free from this hospital.

May your dry spell be temporary. Let us help you make the bountiful harvests of the future a reality for you. Grow and journal. You already have a following. The #420 post was a sign. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I know this journal is complete but I told Ranger I would post a method of germinating that has me at nearly 100%.

First take a paper towel and fold it as so:

1432076108983.jpg
1432076124198.jpg
1432076139080.jpg
1432076159710.jpg

Spray with 6.5 PH adjusted water (I use tap) just wet enough to moisten not soak and put your seeds in the center:

1432076181084.jpg
1432076227140.jpg

Fold it over and place it into a zip-lock bag without locking it:

1432076297121.jpg

Fold the Zip-lock bag and place it in a tin:

1432076361014.jpg
1432076388793.jpg

Leave the tin in a cabinet for appx 72hrs without checking:

1432076414068.jpg

As long as the seeds are mature and good you'll have tap roots. I'll be back to demonstrate the next step when these tap root.

OK Ranger, here's step 2.

I've been busy with the real world so these are back dated pics taken on the 23rd which was actually 4 days after placing them in the paper towel, one day too long.

IMG_00013205.jpg

Once you have your tap roots take Rockwool cubes and let them soak in 6.5 PH adjusted water for at least an hour then squeeze all the excess water out of them. Place the tap roots inside the rockwool cube holes shallow enough to barely cover.

On one of these I accidentally broke off part of the root so one might not sprout.

But anyway, Keep the cubes moist by spraying twice a day but not as wet as to have them sitting in water.

IMG_00013209.jpg

Place them under 18/6 lighting (I use CFLs) until they sprout and roots protrude through the bottom of the cubes.

IMG_00013210.jpg

Once these are ready I'll give you the 3rd & final step.

OK Ranger; to give you an idea how full-proof this method is, even the taproot that was out of the shell already and I snapped part of it off by accident sprouted. It took it's time but it did.
The only way you won't get a seedling using this method is if the beans are duds.

IMG_00013456.jpg

This is how the roots come through the bottom. I wait until there's at least 4 or 5 showing and then plant the rockwool cube in my medium.

IMG_00013465.jpg

Note: This was a combination of Denisse, SkunnyMonster, & Crawdaddy's techniques that I put together to come up with this method so I won't take credit for it.

Many thx, Brother BAR,
While your sterling reputation hardly needs burnishing, I'm gonna give it a little extra polish anyway. Thank you for condensing the work of some of this community's greats into a tight, usable synopsis. You are on the shoulders of giants, and the breadth of your impact may far exceed your expectations. It's my hope that your efforts spark many generations of the stoniest buds imaginable!
+Rep
Gratitude and respect

No problem Ranger. I've come a long way since joining 420 as a virgin cannabis grower but still have a long way to go before I feel comfortable enough to accept the admiration you're handing out.
Now that we've completed what was promised I'm unsubbing here. Make sure I get an invite to your next journal. Best of buds to you. :yummy:

No problem Ranger. I've come a long way since joining 420 as a virgin cannabis grower but still have a long way to go before I feel comfortable enough to accept the admiration you're handing out.
Now that we've completed what was promised I'm unsubbing here. Make sure I get an invite to your next journal. Best of buds to you. :yummy:

I second that Ranger.

subbed

Bearswhowalk around here are called Big Foot. Are you a real Big Foot? Did you come from a real Big Foot family? Can you type AND talk?

Sorry, just asking.

Back
Top Bottom