Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

General rundown: There are a total of 9 immature plants left. 3 of which are the Hippie OG and for some reason are growing incredibly slow after their transplant, but they are alive. There's no way to tell what will happen with them, but I'm not going to kill them.

One note I wanted to mention is that one of the male plants I ripped out of his container yesterday, I threw the plant in the trash, and I looked into the trash the next day and there it was growing, and standing tall, I couldn't believe it. It's hard to kill these things sometimes. I know I have some good genetics here even though I don't know what they are.

So, there are 6 plants that are of actual vegetative size ( the unknown sativa's that I've been weeding ), 4 of them have responded excellent to the LST and topping, and have started to form their dual cola branches, as well as the lower branching being recognized as new apical tips, and they are growing as much if not more than the actual tip of the plant. In general, 4 of them have a nice bushy characteristic, and they have not shown sex yet, But I'm guessing I'll know soon.

The other 2 are a good amount smaller than the other 4, and seem to have a leaf structure that differs from the other large 4 plants that I previously spoke of. These 2 have shown female pre-flowers, and I pretty much know they are females. With the hours of daylight/darkness, they might continue to show their flowers for up to another month, but then will be reverted back to veg. I've heard this can effect the final yield/potency, but I'm not worried.

I'm planning on getting a dual harvest in, and probably around June I will plant the next batch. I'm just hoping that these larger 4 become females, that would be a great gift, it's safe to say I am actually tired of dealing with male pollen sacks....

Till next time,
Keep em green

Looking good bro! Keep 'em green!

Here they are waking up, I will do a general examination for pre-flowers and probably some LST/defol.

IMG_162012.jpg

Some news, inspected and found that now I know 4/6 of the vegged plants are female, two of them kind of small/raggety, but the other one, which is the finest specimen is a female! It has over 6 tops right now and a wide stem, I know it will be a beastly babe.
Here is that one!
Update235_001.jpg

The other one that is also pretty nice!
Update235_002.jpg

Update235_003.jpg

Here are the two smaller raggety ones who probably won't yield much but who knows.
Update235_005.jpg
Update235_006.jpg

Update235_004.jpg

A different one
Update235_007.jpg

Here are the 3 hippie og plants that I know are gonna take some time before anything happens, but who knows maybe I'll get something off them! The bud they came from would stink up a barnhouse with 0.5 gram.
Update235_008.jpg

Group shot
Update235_009.jpg

The real guard dog.
Update235_010.jpg

Cheers all, and happy growing.

Nice man. Defoliation something I am trying is cutting off the lower sites but leaving the energy leaves. One side I did this to ended up shooting out two new lower sites. like a top but right on the stem of the plant. I am doing this to only the lower sites. Kind of like lollipopping but leaving the lower leaves for energy.

looks like a few leaf eaters and leaf burowers already there. use pyrithin for the leaf eaters and the burowers you have to crush them in the leaf and remove that part.
plant this all over.
catnip
mint
chives
garlic
and marigolds
all over your yard. 95% of bugs that like the sweet leaf wont even be in your garden.
also put diatamacious earth in the top of the pots. keeps the fly magots dead dead dead and almost every kind of soil type of grub maggot ect that like to eat roots.
and dosent harm earth worms.
egg shells for slugs and snails and old used reg tea bags. they all hate tea.

Just driving thru to see what's up. Yea it's getting that time again. I plan on killing off more of them damn worms myself this year or least trying something. I think abit of research is in order. Need to figure what time of year the eggs hatch. I know afew things about them buggers. Outdoors you will never get completely away from bugs. Most you want natures balance and all but the damn caterpillars don't have a lot of natural enemies takes a bird or praying mantises, at least predators of that size to kill them. Even some wasps are used in some farms. But Safer's has a great product in the 'Organic' department. Organic Caterpillar Killer Insecticide Spray | Safer Brand the also have a great soap that will stop a lot of other problems. When I figure what I'm going to try be it BT or Bonifide I'll buzz ya. Besides You know I'll be looking in here and there till then Keepem Green

Yeah I'm not so worried about the smaller bugs/flies (unless their white), Hell I'll even let a grasshopper munch down on some fan leaves, Wouldn't worry me as much as the worms...

I'm preparing for battle this year, I'm convinced I have a uber-nasty species (phenotype) of these larvae ( the EUROPEAN CORN BORERS) as so stunningly suggested by Norcaliwood ( and he was right ). So I'm hoping with the tent/netting, the moth's will have a much harder time getting into lay their eggs ( they'll want to ). In addition, the garden I have is filled with aromatic herbs, including rosemary and mint. I'm hoping if they want to lay their eggs somewhere it WON"T be in my buds this time.

The only thing I wished for after last year's harvest was to not have to deal with ONE worm. As I sat there removing worms/throwing my precious nugs away, I just thought of all the other growers who didn't have to deal with this problem, and how lucky they were. I'm hoping to not have to deal with it this time around, or atleast cut it down quite a bit.

Routine toothpick drills everyday to inspect the buds become brutal. Well Thanks for the link Norcaliwood, I'm familiar with this product and I consider it a last resort (spraying anything really). I'm going to be ramping up the systemic insectide (SNS-209, if it works at all but hey). I picked up some "Dr.Earth's Bat Guano" which is nitrogen dominant so for veg, just applied that today to each plant. At the same time I picked up their version of an organic vegetable spray "Dr. Earth's Vegetable Garden Insect Killer - Final Stop", who knows if this will work, just something I'd like in the arsenal.

Update on the plants, today I applied some pretty gnarley LST, and defoliated 1-2 fan leaves. I realized I may be facing an epic space issue, vertical height is a problem, and with sativas you never know what will happen. I'll just tie them down as they need to be, it'll be a long-time before their done, probably enough time for two nice stretches. I didn't want them higher than 5 feet when done, so this may be a challenge to restrain a sativa like this.

The fan leaves have such large stems I feel bad ripping them off...
Over and out mates...
:peace:

PS: The bat guano is infused with 7 different strains of bacteria

Aloha
Growing certain flowers not only look pretty but they help with bugs like you are doing and what gairbud wrote. I have marigolds growinging 10-12 places around the perimeter of my yard. Mostly closer to my grow areas. My cat loves the catnip so I have to grow alot of those plants. Egg shells, tea and coffee grounds ginger root and garlic root are good too. Great info gairbud. Aloha and Mahalo

Hi Lee,

Your 1st spring/summer grow is doing awesome. I am going to P.M. you. Just wanted you to know I have more time than money so I looked at your completed journals and this one.
Aloha for now.

sesame seed oil works great on mites very toxic to them and lady bugs and lace wings for aphids and praying mantis also you can have shipped to you. crysanthmums are really good for almost all kinds of spiders too if your yard is surounded with all the plants i mentioned you should have little problems with bugs, catipiller killer and hand picking the critters off for moth and butterflys crawlys work great. also you can make a really toxic bug killer with tomatoe plant leaf soap and water solution.
remember diatomacious earth really great for soil born magots and grubs they wont go around your garden at all so most every fly that lays eggs in soil their maggots die eating thru the soil. it does not hurt earth worms at all in fact they florish and aireate your soil.

Tomorrow I'll post an update on the progress, I'm hoping the ones that pre-flowered didn't get too far along. I know they'll be reverted back to veg anyway. The monsters in the back haven't pre-flowered yet. I was thinking since I already pulled 5 males out, anything else that was going to be a male would have shown his face around that time too. Just have to wait and see. I think I'll need to defoliate a small amount and do some more LST on the newer growth.

A buddy of mine has his plants outdoors, he vegged them indoors since February, and recently put them outside a few weeks ago. They're from seed, and they're flowering pretty hard right now. I told him that they would likely be put back into veg right in the middle of flower, I don't think was very happy to hear that, but he really thinks it will keep flowering, even though the solstice is approaching.

We'll see!:420:

Hey Relaxed. How's it growing.

I feel like a bum just walking in now on you outdoor grow journal. I've been busy myself trying to get things popping again. My seeds were resisting germination. But good news they are now off and running. I like you little outdoor garden setup.

I'm subbed now that i have my new grow under control.

Back
Top Bottom