Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Very nice looking ladies. Very healthy indeed. Good job!

Try to hang a mosquito net inside the cage to fully isolate them from the moths. let loose a shit load of lady bugs and praying mantis inside the net. Boom, bugs eradicated.:thumb:

Yeah, I'm thinking about something like that. Definitely going to unload those ladybugs when I get the chance. Thanks for the reps, and kind words. Glad to have you around :)

Very nice looking ladies. Very healthy indeed. Good job!
Same for you TG, thanks for the reps and kind words. It is also great to have you aboard my barge.

I'm honored to have such high caliber growers peeking in on this.
Thanks everyone! :Namaste::peace:

So are you going to super crop? I super crop my main stems too. I think it works GREAT.

I'll do what's needed to limit vertical height and keep the canopy mostly even. At this point they are getting bushy, and it's getting slightly crowded horizontally. Just going to play it by ear, and let them grow according to their surroundings. It's weird, sometimes they can sense their surroundings and fit right in just nice. Mostly just need to make sure they fit without too much crowding or competition. I have the hippie OG's growing up through the canopy, as I have not topped or LSTed the little things. After all its just an experiment with the hippie OG, since I got 70 seeds of it now. It is growing very delicately and doesn't respond to LST or defols nearly as good as the unknown sativa seeds I have. So I probably will end up super cropping the Hippie OG's because I know they will get tall. Just need to make sure they don't pop out any male flowers un-noticed.

One of the sativas is basically fully flowering, and is acting like there's no going back. Whereas, most of the other plants are in the early pre-flowering stages. Who knows maybe I'll end up getting a tiny little harvest off that plant in 60 days, and will free up some space in the tent. I wanted to plant another round of seeds in July, but I'm not sure how it will work out with the spacing, especially considering sativas flower forever.

:peace: :)
:Namaste:

Good morning people!
Just some shots of some locally grown cannabis, the most I will spend is 25$ an 8th, still an amazingly high price for meds when growing them is virtually free, but it's nice to get a taste of how the different strains will make a person feel.

Berry Wreck
IMG_172312.jpg

Outdoor Cheese
IMG_172611.jpg

Some oil that I extracted using my hot-air device (aka vaporizer). It is derived from 10-20 different strains in all, and is a mixture of different cannabinoids.
IMG_17249.jpg

Cheers and have a good one!!

Good morning people!
Just some shots of some locally grown cannabis, the most I will spend is 25$ an 8th, still an amazingly high price for meds when growing them is virtually free, but it's nice to get a taste of how the different strains will make a person feel.

Berry Wreck
IMG_172312.jpg

Outdoor Cheese
IMG_172611.jpg

Some oil that I extracted using my hot-air device (aka vaporizer). It is derived from 10-20 different strains in all, and is a mixture of different cannabinoids.
IMG_17249.jpg

Cheers and have a good one!!

25 an eighth?.............50 - 75 here, 500 a zip for top shelf!

Very Nice Lady's ... Hey, a quick question for you. When you start an outside grow. " Which week do you put them into full sunshine?"
it's after seedling, right?

The grow is looking great though bro...good job!! :cool:

I hope I am not exceeding boundaries here, when I say, putting plants outside depends on the weather and total amount of day light desired( for veg or flower). I have had seedlings outdoors since January. The way I tell the time is right to pop seeds, is when the seeds I scattered after harvest come up outside. I have one big plant that has grown since sprouting outside , in December. 'Round here we call-em volunteers. Lucky for me, a female Sour Poison,(Durban x Sour D) ,with very nice red stems. I usually pop seeds indoors shortly after the ones in the ground come up.Then sow the ones sprouted indoors in marked cups (one per) placed outside in trays, to grow and sex by mid May. By using this method I have 3 females in pots and 16 in the ground. I have 35 plants that have yet to sex. The ones in the ground grow til sexing, males get pulled, most of the early ladies are donated to needy patients. These early sprouts give me a heads up on insects, and other environmental factors before the main grow. One thing to remember is light tempering. Give the plant an increasing daily 1 hour dose of sun for 5 days before planting outside, or place in a shady spot for three days before giving it full sun. Just like nutes too much too soon will burn the plant. With care she will recover, remember shes a weed.I hope that was not too much.:circle-of-love:

Yeah, well, depending on the weather, and what part of the world you live in, it all comes into play. For me, the weather gets nice, and I can plant my seeds directly outdoors in March, which leads us to this journal today. Some people need to wait longer for the last frost to pass, some people need to wait shorter. After all, they do grow like weeds, and so they will really surprise you as to the conditions they can get through.

It depends on light intensity, as to where you live with respect to the equator, the angle of the sun comparative to your position will dictate that. So for me, I can leave my seedlings outside from the beginning of germination to the end of harvest with no problem.

A buddy of mine pre-vegged some plants indoors in late Jan/early Feb. and put them outdoors in late march early April, and it looks like hes' going to see some kind of harvest by the time the solstice rolls around in June. So it's nice to know we can flower that early here in California.

Again, some strains and genetics respond differently to the environmental conditions you subject them to. In other words, some strains are more delicate and need more TLC, and some are very hardy and don't need very much tender care.

PS: Smoke2J's, you must have something really special there brother :)

Cheers :goof:

Time for an update. Plants look pretty good, two of them flowering like there's no tomorrow, but whatever. I enjoy watching them grow. Some of the other larger ones are trudging along much slower with their flowering, just hoping I can yield a substantial amount when its all said and done. Anything that gets infected will go into the hash bucket. Hippie OG's growing insanely tall and look like they will be about 10 feet tall, considering moving them out of the tent and have them elsewhere in the yard.

Good news though, I picked up two egg cases of Preying Manti, one egg case will hatch 100-200 eggs, so I have one in the tent that you will see in one of the pictures. 100-200 mantids should hatch in 2-6 weeks (probably less with the heat from the tent), and will take care of all the smaller bugs crawling around by plants, as they grow they will get larger, up to 6 inches, and should be dominating the environment, the worms I'm having trouble with will hopefully become food, and hopefully will help take care of this bug problem. I looked for lady bugs, but they were out, but I think Preying Mantis is even better!

Update509_001.jpg
Update509_002.jpg
Update509_003.jpg
Update509_004.jpg
Update509_005.jpg
Update509_006.jpg
Update509_007.jpg
Update509_008.jpg

PS Sorry for any inversions, when I view the pictures on my desktop they do not appear inverted, it's only when I upload them that they seem that way.

Cheers all and keep em green!

Been finding caterpillars on some of the plants lately, not the European-Corn borer (LUCKILY) been finding them on the Romanaesco Brocolli. Apparently they love brocolli and peppers. So for the brocolli and peppers I sprayed them with Dr. Earth's Final Stop Insect Killer, which is an all organic natural derived spray with garlic,peppermint,etc.

As for the herb plants I will not spray them until I absolutely need to, I have acquired a small concentrated bottle of BT in case. But I'm hoping the European High Flyer doesn't make its way into the tent, because those corn-boring sons of bitches could possibly evade the preying mantis by drilling into the stems. This I am afraid of because even then the BT spray will not penetrate.

Also, the mantids are sensitive to pesticides so hopefully they take care of things and I won't have to spray...
Just some thoughts.

PS Sorry for any inversions, when I view the pictures on my desktop they do not appear inverted, it's only when I upload them that they seem that way.

Cheers all and keep em green!
I am wondering if when you view the pictures before uploading, do you save them in the "righted view"? If you don't save it after turning it to view, it will revert and load side ways.:peace:

I am wondering if when you view the pictures before uploading, do you save them in the "righted view"? If you don't save it after turning it to view, it will revert and load side ways.:peace:

Yeah, thanks. I think that is the problem. As when I save it , it loads normally. Finally figured that out lol.

Looks nice. How is the smell?
+reps

Thanks matey, the smell is pungent. It literally smells like skunky manure in the tent ( and from a distance lol), that being because of the bat guano.

Devising a plan. So, one of the plants is into flower and not going back, clearly. It is a small plant that will not yield much, so I am really considering doing a blackout plan, or light dep. to have it finish flowering in a separate location, that way I can open up space for the Hippie OG's. The OGs worry me in the sense that they have not been topped or LSTed, so today I think I will just give them each a topping to seek that dual cola action ( hell they aren't even sexed yet).

The other option is to remove all 3 OG's from the tent, and have them placed at the location my OG was last year when I had a monster plant yield me 3 ounces, but lost one ounce to the corn-borers and had to harvest early, still turned out good smoke though. I have placed the second praying mantis egg case up in that location. So I have just have the Hippie OG's grow tall up into the tree's as an experiment.

Gotta do something though because I don't really want to just " super crop " the Hippie OG's later, the thought of bending and nearly breaking a branch doesn't appeal to me.

Gotta deal with these damn hippies...
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom