Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

I'm just really happy with how it's looking :circle-of-love:
IMG_17526.jpg

:green_heart:

and your going to run out of space fast lol.

Yeah I know lol

I will just top and LST the OG's, and since I'll do a light deprivation on one of the sativas I'll have room opened up for the OG's

Definitely fighting a space issue. Wish I could let these ladies get as big as they wanted. Decided to pull out the one thats flowering ahead of all the others, going to do a light dep. on it elsewhere. It smells so amazing, hard to describe it other than a pungent marijuana odor, the thing's got mad trichomes already. Noticed freshly deposited eggs on it, and then found about 3-4 corn borers on it today. Fuck. So I decided to make a BT solution and today I'm going to town with my first application/treatment. I will continue applications once a week (including the ones in the tent of course)

The hippie OG's were removed from the tent and analyzed, one was a male and trashed, one un-determined, and one female. Four clones were taken from the mother hippie, and I'm attempting to grow those now as an experiment. These clones are being started outdoors, so I'm not counting on 100% sucess with them but it's worth a shot.

My bed of sativas
Update510_0012.jpg

Update510_004.jpg

The Hippie's
Update510_0022.jpg
Update510_0032.jpg

The lady Im going to light deprive, she smells amazing, I remember her from last year, her pistils will become a reddish/orange color soon enough
Update510_005.jpg

Overall, grrrr @ these damn worms.

:peace:

LOL space issue's. They tend to do that don't they? I found weed to fill in every inch of space outdoors. I had buds sticking out a vent on my greenhouse acouple years back. You really want to see pot grow fast,,, straight in the ground. But I kind of like containers myself.
GL with the bugs this year. I always see afew caterpillars every grow outdoors. It's just the balance in nature, as long as they not have a hard on for ya. I remember what happened to ya last year. And I know your doing your homework this year, probably seen everything from wasps to 30 mill mortars in your readings. And it's time for me to do alittle myself to see what I'm going to try if needed this year. But Dude check this out, I think I have it this should keepem under control,
'Scarecrow's'..
scare.jpg

JK probably attract every critter for miles. Well like I said I need to do alittle reading so here sound like a place to get a lead or two.
Looking foreward to seeing your babies grow out again this year GL and Keepem Green

Haha, that was a funny read brother. You had me going for a second with those butterfly scarecrows!! LOL

Yeah, I know it's inevitable I'll see a few. Like you said I'm just hoping they don't have a major boner for em.
Oh and I do now have a concentrated bottle of Safer Brand BT spray, and I've already applied one treatment ( at night ). I will continually spray at night once a week to hopefully get a handle on the boner that they might have. They really have a sweet tooth, it must be my area. I never told anyone, but I'm actually growing inside of a butterfly preserve!!!! Now tell me that ain't a hard one to pull off!!! It ain't the monarch's I'm worried about though :Namaste:

Thanks for checking in, I'm also excited to see your ladies grow up for you. Gotta love the outdoors :)

Loving the outdoor grow mate. That Butterfly scarecrow looks like a good idea. Cant wait to see your girls in flower, outdoor is a different league. Need to get my outdoor venture going soon!

Keep up the good work mate :)

So, over the course of 24 hours the plants became very dehydrated and drooped heavily for multiple hours until I got to them around 1 PM to give them fresh cool water. They had a long, hot, and hard week. Now they just need some fresh water to cleanse their spirits. Been finding multiple types of caterpillars on the brocolli plants, Hell, I'd rather them lay their eggs there then on my herbs! Going to be modifying the tent a little in the near future to ensure maximum enclosure. I don't want any spots the moth's could even have a chance of flying in. Still waiting for the mantids to hatch, although you really never know when the eggs hatch. We'll see what happens in a few weeks, If nothing happens I'll get a batch of ladybugs to clean up any early flowering caterpillar eggs. Hopefully those will hatch easier. Anyway on to some of the pics

Here are some shots of the "veg tent", there are 4 ladies in the tent now, since these 4 are earliest in flowering, I will label them L1-L4.

L1
Update510_0023.jpg

L2
Update510_0033.jpg

L3
Update510_0041.jpg

L4
Update510_0051.jpg

A couple of shots from the flowering area where I'm going to finish up a couple ladies for a little small early bumper harvest. Concentrating trichomes under a 9 on the UV index ( VERY HIGH UV )... PS I tried to "pre-save" the pictures to fix the inversions, although 420's uploader would not upload them in their original format, sorry for that.

Update510_007.jpg
Update510_006.jpg
Update510_009.jpg
Update510_008.jpg

Also, found out that the Hippie OG is actually Hong Kong x OG. The clones aren't taking so well and still drooping. Although the leaves are still very nice and moist so there is still a chance at some success. I may actually dedicate the hippie mothers to as many clones as I can get, and may just flower them out till october and possibily get a top cola off each ( that is if the corn-borers don't get to it) But I will be continuing BT treatments as well (even if I don't see worms as I need to take every precaution possible).

Cheers all and keep em green!:Namaste:

Loving the outdoor grow mate. That Butterfly scarecrow looks like a good idea. Cant wait to see your girls in flower, outdoor is a different league. Need to get my outdoor venture going soon!

Keep up the good work mate :)

Haha I think the butterfly scaregrow was a joke mate. Don't think it'd work lol. But thanks for the kind words, I hope they turn out looking as good as your's did in POTM lol :). Outdoor is indeed a different league, and I can't wait to see your venture.

Thanks again JB mate:Namaste:

reps man! Love it.

Good luck with the clones.

Thanks Hank I appreciate it! I do need the luck when it comes to cloning. It seems hard to get them going outdoors but if they take I think they'll make some danks!:peace:

Mate they will look better! Mine is only an indoor baby, they will be monsters soon enough! Thanks for kind words mate. Good to see you have good tric production so early on.

Mate they will look better! Mine is only an indoor baby, they will be monsters soon enough! Thanks for kind words mate. Good to see you have good tric production so early on.

Thank you!

I was just looking around my grow and seen something that 'might' help you also. I've been known to do some serious pruning at times, 'here it's called UBTing' Uncle Ben's, well it might help if you have to do some pruning, alittle Elmer's glue will seal the wounds and stop bugs from entering. Also us something sharp to trim and prune the leaves, so you won't get excessive open wounds. One thing you do have to be careful of is over spraying. Even things like neem aren't good for you. That's a nicer thing about safers soap, you can just wash the bugs off. You spray it and wait 20 minutes and rise it off with tap water, The bugs slide off as does the soap. But I figure that Elmer's tip might help. You can seal any gaping holes in the stems anyways. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks woods, I appreciate all the information. Just kind of trucking along with them nice, was trying conserve a few bugs so the mantids had food when they hatched. Still dunno if they hatched or not, just have to see.

Anyway onto a photo update of the garden

The flowering ladies enjoying some morning UV
IMG_182213.jpg

The morning canopy of herbs(L1-L4), four young ladies in the tent now.
IMG_182412.jpg

Some flower shots
IMG_18278.jpg

IMG_18307.jpg

A couple more flower shots
IMG_184710.jpg
IMG_184811.jpg

:peace:

Hit them with a pretty nice defoliaton this morining, along with a nice feeding with some water, SNS-209, magic seaweed, and a light bat guano tea. Hope there isn't too much bacteria now. I'll tell you, the mineralized colloidial clay mixed with the organics from the compost/ added amendments is really looking rich and yummy for them. I know I sacrificed a couple of brix points by pruning today, but they were really really asking for a haircut. I know, by now, how nice these exact seeds respond to LST (we first saw them in the Ghetto Closet Grow). I have not measured my actual brix levels, but I think they're pretty high. I do think the SNS-209 has finally been building up in the leaves, they have a sweet flavor. :yummy::morenutes:

As for the 2 flowering ladies separated, I have gave them a heavy feeding of FoxFarm's TigerBloom. (They are in the plain old "Scotts Supersoil" which is mainly just a mixture of composted organics, including the bat guano but no clay. I've gone through a lot of sea kelp solution. I'll definitely have some comparions to make about the soil component ratios and if they turn out a better product. Looking like 2/4 of the clones may survive, they're all still trying though. I would like some clones, but it seems so much easier from seed at this point :peace:

Back
Top Bottom