With your auto bruce how long in days above ground before your anticipated harvest?

Hi Maritimer, I'm in uncharted waters with this strain. I've never grown it before, and right now I'm going by pistil development (I scope trichomes once I feel the correct week approaches).

Just a guess from looking at her, I'd say 3-4 weeks.

Hi Maritimer, I'm in uncharted waters with this strain. I've never grown it before, and right now I'm going by pistil development (I scope trichomes once I feel the correct week approaches).

Just a guess from looking at her, I'd say 3-4 weeks.
Hi Rex,
Taking a safe approach is best so we will say 3 weeks out. I think we want to start your drought in the next few days. I do not see your drought needing anywhere close to 11 days to reach 50% change in LWA. However, as we have discussed the time spent getting to target wilt is important. The first few days will tell us a lot. The longer she remains turgid, then relents and begins to wilt is probably critical to our measure of success. It takes her some time to recognize the dilemma in my medium whereas your effects will be felt immediately. During my slower drying time she builds (synthesizes) ABA that agitates the JA pathways stimulating our increased resin production. In your case, we are counting on her to react rather quickly and reallot plant resources as you turn the valve to off. LOL Like a snap dragon baby! Perhaps if you have time you could put up a practice shot of some turgid leaves and I we can measure LWAT.

Hi Rex,
Taking a safe approach is best so we will say 3 weeks out. I think we want to start your drought in the next few days. I do not see your drought needing anywhere close to 11 days to reach 50% change in LWA. However, as we have discussed the time spent getting to target wilt is important. The first few days will tell us a lot. The longer she remains turgid, then relents and begins to wilt is probably critical to our measure of success. It takes her some time to recognize the dilemma in my medium whereas your effects will be felt immediately. During my slower drying time she builds (synthesizes) ABA that agitates the JA pathways stimulating our increased resin production. In your case, we are counting on her to react rather quickly and reallot plant resources as you turn the valve to off. LOL Like a snap dragon baby! Perhaps if you have time you could put up a practice shot of some turgid leaves and I we can measure LWAT.
Sounds good to me Maritimer! I'll be sure to include a bunch of photos to help. I've been trying to also get in the habit of snapping a few pictures from the exact same angle to help when the time comes.
I'm ready to hit that valve on your mark.

I suspect it'll take 24hrs before we start to see any changes. The 1st 15hrs or so she'll take up any moisture left on the hydroton.
I'm half tempted to scrap my time lapse for the end of grow, to reposition that camera to keep a close eye on changes.
It it is going to be very interesting to see how long before the LWA starts to really show. I really stoked for this.

So out of curiosity- is it better if she stays turgid for longer?

So out of curiosity- is it better if she stays turgid for longer?
for sure. we want her to resist wilt as long as possible while her GRN recognizes the severity of the water shortage and rebalances the hormonal cocktail she makes defending against extinction. In another setting I could show you how to speed her into resin production but not here.

This will be a blast!

Flower Day 42
Day 81 above ground

Tent temp: 22.5C
Tent RH%: 35-50% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 1035 PPM
Current PPM: 948 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 959 PPM ( ph adjusted + RO water )
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 19.3C
Water level: down large amount this morning.

So the "issue" doesn't appear to be progressing, and is only on the Bruce Banner Auto so far. The light has been raised (see pic), the temperature adjusted and the leaves scoped (see
previous entry). I've got one picture showing how it's visible on the Bruce Banner, but not the White Berry.

I'll keep a close eye. Those leaves are soon to be wilted anyways ;)

With that exception, the Bruce Banner Auto looks to be doing good.

The White Berry Auto continues to thicken up her colas. Some slight purple showing on her.

The Somango Auto continues to surprise me in good ways. She seems to be a fast finisher :yahoo:, and might be the first to finish. Her calyx are swollen, and white pistils are becoming less prevalent.

Thank you @ViparSpectra for making such a great light! And thank you everyone for reading!

Thank you everyone for jumping in with some great replies. Truly appreciate it, can't say enough what it means to have peeps like everyone here willing to offer advice and experiences.

I scoped it this morning, and no pests were found. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of it having spread further, but that's tough to say.

I'm leaning towards cold damage or the LED being too close. Both seem very valid, and quick fixes to easily rule out.

I bumped the temperature 1 C on the heater, I may give it another slight bump, I'll be going 1 degree at a time... as it seems to operate on a temperature range.

I raised the light a couple inches, I'll readjust it tonight, I was in a hurry.

They really liked the new reservoir mix, almost half the tank was empty. I was expecting a flooded floor, but nope...looks like they liked it.

A slight rise of 50 PPM this morning, but considering they drank about 20L or so overnight I'm not too worried. But it also shows that I don't want to bump much higher then 930 PPM.

I re-ph'd to 5.8 as well as topped up with roughly 6 gallons of RO.

Since I was scoping for pests, I snapped a pic showing a leaf under magnification.

I'll have a complete update this evening after I go back out there.

Thanks again everyone, I can't say as it's something I've encountered before so I appreciate the help.
Little late to the party but is it possible that all this is is the beginning of the leaves starting to change colors?

Flower Day 42
Day 81 above ground

So the "issue" doesn't appear to be progressing, and is only on the Bruce Banner Auto so far. The light has been raised (see pic), the temperature adjusted and the leaves scoped (see
previous entry). I've got one picture showing how it's visible on the Bruce Banner, but not the White Berry.

The White Berry Auto continues to thicken up her colas. Some slight purple showing on her.

The Somango Auto continues to surprise me in good ways. She seems to be a fast finisher :yahoo:, and might be the first to finish. Her calyx are swollen, and white pistils are becoming less prevalent.

Thank you @ViparSpectra for making such a great light! And thank you everyone for reading!
DAMN, nice photo dump. Gorgeous, frosty buds!!!

Little late to the party but is it possible that all this is is the beginning of the leaves starting to change colors?
I wish that was the case, but alas it's not. I think it was either light burn starting, tissue damage from the cold, or a combination. Hopefully.
As those have been addressed, so if that was the cause it should stop from spreading. I'll know more over the next few days as I'll be keeping a close eye on it.
DAMN, nice photo dump. Gorgeous, frosty buds!!!
Thanks Jon! It's always appreciated.

So any bets on which will finish first? My bet is on the Somango now. Which is odd, as earlier I had thought she would be last.
I hope they don't all finish at the same time :rofl:

I wish that was the case, but alas it's not. I think it was either light burn starting, tissue damage from the cold, or a combination. Hopefully.
As those have been addressed, so if that was the cause it should stop from spreading. I'll know more over the next few days as I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Thanks Jon! It's always appreciated.

So any bets on which will finish first? My bet is on the Somango now. Which is odd, as earlier I had thought she would be last.
I hope they don't all finish at the same time :rofl:
I'm gonna go White Berry, but my man, I hope you like trimming, cuz all three of those are gonna be done within a week of one another is my guess. Lmao.

I'm gonna go White Berry, but my man, I hope you like trimming, cuz all three of those are gonna be done within a week of one another is my guess. Lmao.
That sounds like a nightmare scenario for me :rofl: . I really can't wait to someday have a nice powered trimmer.
I hate the trimming, but am all about the :rollit:

Congratulations on your harvest Jon, always nice to see some big beautiful autoflowers like yours

Flower Day 42
Day 81 above ground

So beautiful!!

Heya Rex!
:passitleft:

Are you sure that isn’t PM on Bruce? You know it grows into the leaf and even though there are powdery spores, the PM fungus itself won’t rub off that easily - especially dry. Did you try to rub it off with a wet paper towel?

Heya Rex!
:passitleft:

Are you sure that isn’t PM on Bruce? You know it grows into the leaf and even though there are powdery spores, the PM fungus itself won’t rub off that easily - especially dry. Did you try to rub it off with a wet paper towel?
Hey FelipeBlu!

Thank you, yeah in the back of my mind PM is still there. I did not try the wet paper towel, shoulda and will when I go back out there tomorrow (garage is far from house, and bears are still around).
Is there any other methods that can be done to confirm or rule it out?

I checked really good this evening and it hasn't spread or gotten worse at least.

Appreciate it brother

I believe that the best treatment for flowering is to mix 1 tablespoon potassium bicarbonate and ½ teaspoon liquid soap (not detergent) in 1 gallon of water. Spray liberally to all affected areas.
During veg, I think milk is the best treatment (1 part milk to 3 parts water).

I believe that the best treatment for flowering is to mix 1 tablespoon potassium bicarbonate and ½ teaspoon liquid soap (not detergent) in 1 gallon of water. Spray liberally to all affected areas.
Citric acid for the win! Milk didn't do a damn thing for me at any dilution. I haven't tried potassium bicarb but I recall someone here not having as much luck with that as they did when they switched to the 1% citric acid spray. Saves almost every single one of my harvests.

And now it's my wash water as well along with the baking soda.

So beautiful!!
Thanks Mcdoolit! All credit goes to @ViparSpectra for making such a beautiful light!
Looking good in here Rex I see purple coming ur way!!!!!
Thanks Jack! I saw a bit peeking through the frost! Hopefully it'll show through some more :cheesygrinsmiley:

Citric acid for the win! Milk didn't do a damn thing for me at any dilution. I haven't tried potassium bicarb but I recall someone here not having as much luck with that as they did when they switched to the 1% citric acid spray. Saves almost every single one of my harvests.

Well citric acid powder was on the "to buy" list and cheap- won't be here for a bit though (a week or so).

And here's a photo I took earlier, just couldn't resist.

Somehow missed your quote.

For the liquid soap, I'm guessing any unscented hand or dish soap? Or does it matter?

Does it look like PM to you too?

Somehow missed your quote.

For the liquid soap, I'm guessing any unscented hand or dish soap? Or does it matter?
Since Shed has more experience with PM, I would go with the citric acid.

Back
Top Bottom