958 could also help using right rear cola. just have to be sure as leaf wilts nothing hits the scrog interfering with the wilt. you have such a nice and clean thread here. My thread is more of a work zone and my sloppyness is less obvious. You post any and all you want at my place but lets keep this looking GJOM

My mentor is a Auto guru. @farside05 taught me how to make my medium @fauxProMix HP and showed me where to buy dry cal/mag and dry potassium silicate. This has saved me big dollars, and like many of us on this medical site I live mainly on disability.
Thanks Maritimer, some parts will be tricky to measure with the scrog net. Luckily the Bruce Banner Auto is the easiest to access (thankfully!)

Yes ive followed and read through farside's journal- a recommended read for hydroponics and autos for sure.
Him and Skybound are both gurus when it comes down to having a deeper understanding of nutrients as well. My knowledge is a cup compared to their oceans of knowledge.

Thanks Maritimer, some parts will be tricky to measure with the scrog net. Luckily the Bruce Banner Auto is the easiest to access (thankfully!)

Yes ive followed and read through farside's journal- a recommended read for hydroponics and autos for sure.
Him and Skybound are both gurus when it comes down to having a deeper understanding of nutrients as well. My knowledge is a cup compared to their oceans of knowledge.
LOL @Skybound is who discovered that I was totally mismanaging the nutes plus he hipped me to Mega Crop. I also was impressed by both members willingness to shepherd a salty old hippy like me. Now I just do what they taught me and I get nice plants to play with.
Love them guys. :hookah:

Journal Update

Flower Day 40
Day 79 above ground

Tent temp: 20C
Tent RH%: 40-70% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 989 PPM
Current PPM: 981 PPM (res change)
Adjusted PPM to: 981 PPM ( fresh res)
PH: 5.7
Res temp: 20.7C
Water level: fresh res

So today saw the reservoir being changed out. New reservoir is feeding right now. I've had some RH swings from the dehumidifier freezing up, but it auto defrosts and starts itself back up.
All the girls are doing great, the stickiness is present in all these plants, as I did a very light defoliation on the white Berry and Somango autos, just to open light up in a few spots. Nothing more then a few leaves.

The Somango is really starting to put her winter weight and frost coat on.

The speary looking colas on the White Berry Auto are starting to also thicken up.

The Bruce Banner Auto just keeps bulking and putting out the trichomes like crazy.

This afternoon I had the lovely surprise of an overflowing bucket for the Somango. Once again after pruning the roots out of the drain, everything drained properly again. No root picture this time, though it looked exactly like the last chunk taken out of the pipes.

The ViparSpectra P4000 so far has done nothing but impress me. It's shown itself to have a great spread, and light penetration...and the plants seem to be loving that light! @ViparSpectra has done a fantastic job!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! And onto the photos!

Journal Update

Flower Day 40
Day 79 above ground

So today saw the reservoir being changes out. New reservoir is feeding right now. I've had some RH swings from the dehumidifier freezing up, but it auto defrosts and starts itself back up.
All the girls are doing great, the stickiness is present in all these plants, as I did a very light defoliation on the white Berry and Somango autos, just to open light up in a few spots. Nothing more then a few leaves.

The speary looking colas on the White Berry Auto are starting to also thicken up.

The Bruce Banner Auto just keeps bulking and putting out the trichomes like crazy.

This afternoon I had the lovely surprise of an overflowing bucket for the Somango. Once again after pruning the roots out of the drain, everything drained properly again. No root picture this time, though it looked exactly like the last chunk taken out of the pipes.

The ViparSpectra P4000 so far has done nothing but impress me. It's shown itself to have a great spread, and light penetration...and the plants seem to be loving that light! @ViparSpectra has done a fantastic job!

ZOWIE. You're an auto master man. These are awesome. The frost!! The yield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That White Berry is just bragging like crazy tossing all that color around like it's nothing!!!!! You also have some leaves that look like my Strawberry Banana leaves, all dank, and greasy almost, yes? Real oily? The Somango and White Berry both look real oily. And the health!!! They look so happy!!!

I can't wait to see what you yield from this.

I'm so damn impressed, dude, this is just amazing work. Three goddamn autos. Wow.

ZOWIE. You're an auto master man. These are awesome. The frost!! The yield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That White Berry is just bragging like crazy tossing all that color around like it's nothing!!!!! You also have some leaves that look like my Strawberry Banana leaves, all dank, and greasy almost, yes? Real oily? The Somango and White Berry both look real oily. And the health!!! They look so happy!!!

I can't wait to see what you yield from this.

I'm so damn impressed, dude, this is just amazing work. Three goddamn autos. Wow.
Oh I'm no master at all, but thank you for the compliments!

I'm can't wait to see what the yields are going to be as well, especially as my current supply is starting to dwindle down to the last few ounces.

For the greasy leaves, the Somango is very greasy looking, while the White Berry is pretty much a normal greasiness. I think someone once mentioned that it may have to do with brix, but I don't have a brix meter, or much knowledge on it. I do remember though that the last plant that I grew that had a greasy look like that, turned into a beautifully covered trichome covered plant.

Oh I'm no master at all, but thank you for the compliments!

I'm can't wait to see what the yields are going to be as well, especially as my current supply is starting to dwindle down to the last few ounces.

For the greasy leaves, the Somango is very greasy looking, while the White Berry is pretty much a normal greasiness. I think someone once mentioned that it may have to do with brix, but I don't have a brix meter, or much knowledge on it. I do remember though that the last plant that I grew that had a greasy look like that, turned into a beautifully covered trichome covered plant.
Heh, I love the real modesty. You da man. I love the greasy leaves. They wouldn't be that way if the plant wasn't going to be loaded with thc.

Journal Update

Flower Day 40
Day 79 above ground

So today saw the reservoir being changed out. New reservoir is feeding right now. I've had some RH swings from the dehumidifier freezing up, but it auto defrosts and starts itself back up.

Absolutely freeken Beautiful.
Your making me jealous. Hehe:adore:
Hope your having a good morning.
Love your ladies Amigo.
Stay safe.
Bill

Journal Update

Flower Day 40
Day 79 above ground

Girls look like there having a wonderful time in there , you couldn’t ask for better. I remember the roots messing with the drain pain in the a .

Heh, I love the real modesty. You da man. I love the greasy leaves. They wouldn't be that way if the plant wasn't going to be loaded with thc.
Thanks Jon, with the way the trichomes are starting, it might be time soon to finally invest in some bubble bags to get make some bubble hash
Absolutely freeken Beautiful.
Your making me jealous. Hehe:adore:
Hope your having a good morning.
Love your ladies Amigo.
Stay safe.
Bill
Hey Bill! Thank you, was a productive day. Winterizing and spending time with the inlaws. Always more work than time or energy. But at least the weather was cooperating today. Hope you had a great day today.

Winter coats on!! They rockin :cool:
Thanks Verbalist! They're rocking, I'm rolling :passitleft:
Auto grow on fleek Rex...amazeballs!

That is a dehuey designed just for you! Excellent piece of tech.
Thanks Shed!
Yeah I love that dehumidifier, after struggling with an undersized one, it's nice to have an overkill one.
Uh okay. Once was enough thanks. :laugh:
Hehe I was thinking of you when writing that:rofl:
Girls look like there having a wonderful time in there , you couldn’t ask for better. I remember the roots messing with the drain pain in the a .
Thanks West, I know I'll have more before this grow is done. But I also knew at the start that this would happen. But I've got the materials to make it the last grow with these buckets clogging....hopefully :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, when checking the girls tonight I noticed something up with the Bruce Banner Auto. Some of her leves have a silver sheen all of a sudden. First thought was powdery mildew, but I'm not sure (and hoping it's not).

Didn't rub off, upper leaves on Bruce Banner Auto only. Any thoughts?

I wish it was trichomes, but that's not it, no stickiness.

I noticed earlier that the temperature had dropped down to 15C during lights off. Then a min later the heater kicked on and brought it up to 21C.

Ahoy Mates,
from the wheelhouse ere looks to this captain to be the LED bedmate. Not bedmite. We be spouwing bot the cotton toppers. maybe try to bump the girls nutes howeverin you bubblers do that. we dont bleach much besides our undies of late.

With your auto bruce how long in days above ground before your anticipated harvest?

Yeah, that's a lot of change and nice even coverage overnight to be bugs, unless you just didn't notice the buildup.

When I have bugs I get a few spots here and there that I generally dismiss due to other causes. Then I mess around trying to figure out what deficiency or lockout I might have for a few days as the problem gets worse.

I think other causes are probably more likely. At least I hope so for you. I hate bugs.

So, when checking the girls tonight I noticed something up with the Bruce Banner Auto. Some of her leves have a silver sheen all of a sudden. First thought was powdery mildew, but I'm not sure (and hoping it's not).

Didn't rub off, upper leaves on Bruce Banner Auto only. Any thoughts?

I wish it was trichomes, but that's not it, no stickiness.

I noticed earlier that the temperature had dropped down to 15C during lights off. Then a min later the heater kicked on and brought it up to 21C.

Does the leaves otherwise look normal? Any signs of excessive N?

I had same kind of ”issue” with my last grow.. It was late flowering and there wasn’t that much living foliage left anymore nor the new leaf growth so didn’t really pay attention on it. My temps also dropped couple of times below 16C during the night and if I remember right after that the first symptoms started to show.
1D09DE86-328A-4F0C-A1CB-879DE643639B.jpeg

Don’t have a better pic about it. But basicly shiny/silver looking appeared on leaves interveinal tissue and on some places it spread to the margins and looked like abnomal chlorosis.

For now I’d think thats a copper deficiency symptoms. But I had no changes on feeding micros.. any excessive N or P limits Cu uptake and I was using PK booster plus cold night may have had a role.

Quick google search I did about Cu def:
Copper deficiencies are uncommon, but they can cause major problems with your cannabis crop. A copper deficiency will appear initially in the younger leaves with necrosis. The tips and margins of the leaves will exhibit coppery gray or slightly blue discolorations with a metallic sort of glare. In between the veins, the leaves will yellow.

Leaves may also start to wilt, curl, and ultimately die. Indeed, the entire marijuana plant might start to wilt. New growth will have trouble opening up, and the flowers won’t mature in males and stigmas won’t grow right in females. Copper has low mobility meaning that it isn’t permanently fixed to one location, but it doesn’t move much.

Could try lowering your pH for optimal absorption of micros. OR there might be something limiting Cu uptake.

Not sure if thats the case, but it was first thing I came up with.

Interesting! One thought, is that the way she expresses a mag def?
Yuh true if it keeps spreading and veins stays green. There might be still enough some chlorophyll in tissue which keeps the color up so it expresses in silver colored.

Could be so many different thing I guess? :oops: Don’t really think thats a pest or bug

Thank you everyone for jumping in with some great replies. Truly appreciate it, can't say enough what it means to have peeps like everyone here willing to offer advice and experiences.

I scoped it this morning, and no pests were found. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of it having spread further, but that's tough to say.

I'm leaning towards cold damage or the LED being too close. Both seem very valid, and quick fixes to easily rule out.

I bumped the temperature 1 C on the heater, I may give it another slight bump, I'll be going 1 degree at a time... as it seems to operate on a temperature range.

I raised the light a couple inches, I'll readjust it tonight, I was in a hurry.

They really liked the new reservoir mix, almost half the tank was empty. I was expecting a flooded floor, but nope...looks like they liked it.

A slight rise of 50 PPM this morning, but considering they drank about 20L or so overnight I'm not too worried. But it also shows that I don't want to bump much higher then 930 PPM.

I re-ph'd to 5.8 as well as topped up with roughly 6 gallons of RO.

Since I was scoping for pests, I snapped a pic showing a leaf under magnification.

I'll have a complete update this evening after I go back out there.

Thanks again everyone, I can't say as it's something I've encountered before so I appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom