Yup read your dillema with the fridge compressor. Does your fridge have any kind of adjustable thermostat?
It does, and is set for around 4C? If I remember correctly. It's basically just a high/low turn dial ( the temperature was set last summer for drying my harvests).
And one thing with the dehumidifier could be an oscillating fan then(?)
We're on the same thought path brother. With the exhaust from the dehumidifier entering the fridge its moved the air around.

Essentially the plan on how to do it has been decided. It sure ain't convenient, but will work.

I just rechecked the fridge and had a nice surprise. The slightly warmer, drier air coming off the dehumidifier raised the temperature in the fridge, and dropped the RH.

Earlier, the temperature was 2.3C and HH %RH ( too dang high for the RH to be read properly).

A couple of hours of the fridge door opened with the dehumidifier blowing in brought it to 7.6C and 48% RH.

Looks like fridge burping is now a thing for this drying process :cheesygrinsmiley:

Has anyone here tried grove bags? Sounds almost too good to be true
Haven't heard of them but they claim:

"Grove Bags create and maintain the perfect cannabis climate to minimize evaporation and oxidation, ensuring maximum retention of terpenes and preservation of the benefits of cannabis synergy."

Who doesn't like cannabis synergy, but I create the perfect cannabis climate in my jars before I seal them, and sealing them minimizes evaporation and oxidation!
So far, that seems like a workable solution. The plan may change if I come up with a better idea, but it wasn't something anticipated. I've done the low and slow (using the fridge) before, just not with sub zero temperatures outside.
Oof!
A couple of hours of the fridge door opened with the dehumidifier blowing in brought it to 7.6C and 48% RH.
Well done! Necessity is the mother of invention.
fridge burping
Lol, and I think you've invented a new way to create cannabis synergy!

Haven't heard of them but they claim:

"Grove Bags create and maintain the perfect cannabis climate to minimize evaporation and oxidation, ensuring maximum retention of terpenes and preservation of the benefits of cannabis synergy."

Who doesn't like cannabis synergy, but I create the perfect cannabis climate in my jars before I seal them, and sealing them minimizes evaporation and oxidation!
It's their claims on their TerpLoc technology that's got my interest. They've been around for a bit, I originally dismissed it as a "snake oil" but now I'm seriously considering investing in some (i recently spoke with someone who used it). It'd be nice to get away from using jars, and these bags supposedly don't need burping, and are UV resistant. If I get some ill jar and grove bag some off the same plant to compare.
Oof!

Well done! Necessity is the mother of invention.

Lol, and I think you've invented a new way to create cannabis synergy!
:thanks: :rofl:

1hr afterwards and it was 3.7C and 55% RH, so it's working :yahoo:

It's their claims on their TerpLoc technology that's got my interest. They've been around for a bit, I originally dismissed it as a "snake oil" but now I'm seriously considering investing in some (i recently spoke with someone who used it). It'd be nice to get away from using jars, and these bags supposedly don't need burping, and are UV resistant. If I get some ill jar and grove bag some off the same plant to compare.
The Grove Bags do sound very interesting, but would vac sealing be even better for getting the air out that in the jars, or would that be not so good because of the crushing?

The Grove Bags do sound very interesting, but would vac sealing be even better for getting the air out that in the jars, or would that be not so good because of the crushing?
Infinity Jars

I just see more personal benefits to move to bags, especially if they're reusable. The jars take up space, full or empty, the risk of breaking...me always loosing lids, I'd like to switch it up.

Infinity jars are nice, but wow they're pricey. Might be worth it if the Grove Bags don't hold up to their claims. I'll see if I can add one or two of their bigger bags to cart sometime soon.

I have a pile of bags i get when i order from CBDHempDirect, huge and air tight 9inx12in. Not a fan of jars myself, so i saved these bags for curing purposes.

vac sealing isnt good from what i gathered, for same reason your not sopposed to fill jars but 3/4ths full, need to have some sort of space in them for gassing properly.

Infinity jars are nice, but wow they're pricey.
What the heck is infinity jar? :laugh:
Are there designed some particular jars for weed?
Do we toss the ikea/mason jars now? :D

I'm guessing it's a jar with an infinite supply of weed!
I can't post a link but look them up. Look specifically for the tomato test. There used to be a Youtube video of the tomato test. Basically they take a red, ripe cherry tomato, put it in the jar, and let it go for six months. That's it. No opening, no nothing. After six months the tomato comes out and looks 95% the exact same way. It's astounding. That's when I got a couple to try as curing jars. They're light proof, uv light proof, air proof, smell proof, and they work so well to cure that I put an eighth of crappy dried out dispensary weed in one when I get it and after a day or two it comes right back to life. I burp them of course just like normal jars, but there's a certain freedom in being able to leave the jars lying around wherever you want cuz they're not clear. They look cool as hell. They take stickers like a champ. Dishwasher safe. I swear by them.

Ok, promo over. That's what they are though. Also pricey. But if you order direct from the company they always give you at least one free jar with each order. I go there instead of the Zon for them.

Ok folks, I had just about forgotten to compile and upload this (thanks for the reminder @cjsbabygirl313 !)

The 1st one was posted previously in the journal. And the 2nd one was cut a bit short due to the camera being relocated to do the drought gif.

I tried to keep this one a bit more steady, but the fan in the tent caused a bit of movement on the camera (Sorry Shed!!)

Ok folks, I had just about forgotten to compile and upload this (thanks for the reminder @cjsbabygirl313 !)

The 1st one was posted previously in the journal. And the 2nd one was cut a bit short due to the camera being relocated to do the drought gif.

I tried to keep this one a bit more steady, but the fan in the tent caused a bit of movement on the camera (Sorry Shed!!)

That scrog timelapse is awsome! How are you uploading your video? I seem to have to use vimeo (which is NOT my fav) :(

Oh, and @Rexer - get yourself some of those tent pole shelves - they frigging rock!

The pair of you Wow.
I'm going to need video surveillance and a new goggle machine to keep up with you. :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Stay safe.
Bill

That scrog timelapse is awsome! How are you uploading your video? I seem to have to use vimeo (which is NOT my fav) :(
Thanks! It's technically not a video. It's a ton of photos stitched together to create a gif.
Oh, and @Rexer - get yourself some of those tent pole shelves - they frigging rock!
It's in the cart for my next Zon.com purchase, but 1st I gotta save for my press :cheesygrinsmiley:
The pair of you Wow.
I'm going to need video surveillance and a new goggle machine to keep up with you. :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Stay safe.
Bill
Thanks Bill! I won't lie...I love my tech gadgets, and having a camera in there suits my type of OCD :rofl:

Thanks! It's technically not a video. It's a ton of photos stitched together to create a gif.

It's in the cart for my next Zon.com purchase, but 1st I gotta save for my press :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Bill! I won't lie...I love my tech gadgets, and having a camera in there suits my type of OCD :rofl:
Thats great I'm happy you doing so well with it all.
Us old guys don't get all this interwebs stuff.
I type with one thumb. :laugh:
My goggle machine is an antique.
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom