Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Final trim on Q1 today. A little drier than I want. The hygrometer inside the cVault is showing 54% after a few hours. Hopefully a couple of Boveda packs will take care of that. 1042g total weight for the harvest and bottom of cVault which weighs 798g. That leaves me with 244g of very closely trimmed(no stems, some sugar leaves) bud. 8.7 ounces. Almost an ounce less than what I expected. Not too shabby for 88 days though. I suspect it would have been closer to the 9.6 had I jarred it yesterday before the temperature and humidity drop and a night of hvac running. I hope you enjoy the photos of the jarring, that is an 8L cVault BTW. :)

Good lil haul

Lucas, I’ve been partaking of DDA from your seeds all day long, in one form or another. I’m sitting here listening to my favorite sappy country love ballads playlist, smoking hit after hit, when I suddenly realized that I was so high my skin was buzzing!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I knew you’d appreciate that like none other. Sure am glad to have met you. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Oh yeah....thanks! :hug:

Hell yes, I’m smoking on!

Hey.... nice haul.

:passitleft:

Looks like a good start :)

As basic as it gets. I'm lazy and like things easy. :laugh:

I am in on this. Just recently started in DWC. Should be informative.
I made it, I’m in also.✌️

Welcome aboard. Hope I manage to take some mystery out of dwc and make y'all :rofl: along the way.

Good lil haul

One of my favorite flavor profiles too. :drool:

Lucas, I’ve been partaking of DDA from your seeds all day long, in one form or another. I’m sitting here listening to my favorite sappy country love ballads playlist, smoking hit after hit, when I suddenly realized that I was so high my skin was buzzing!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I knew you’d appreciate that like none other. Sure am glad to have met you. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Oh yeah....thanks! :hug:

Here's to our paths crossing again in 2019. :passitleft:

Blowin air down the sight tube....
I dunno... seems pretty lazy.
Great idea. Was that your idea or do the folks at Active Aqua purposely design it that way?

You know the phrase, I'd rather be lucky than good ? That's me. :hug: They came to me like that when I first started dwc. Before I knew anything about dissolved oxygen, beneficial bacteria, or anything else. My ignorance of hydroponics actually saved me from spending a boatload of money chasing airstones, pumps, and anything else air related. I can check my reservoir level without moving the netpot too, just pull the airhose out and the water comes up into the tube showing me what's inside. My first grow was out of the park and I've been searching for ways to make it easier ever since.

When the seeds crack I'm going to document the planting process and I'll get some close up photos of how the buckets are made, and what I've done to make them more user friendly.

Looks like a good start :)

Yes it does. :battingeyelashes: Good to see you back in the watery pots again Lucas, and back to teaching the room to make more seeds too. :high-five: I still have a few that haven’t yet found their way to other gardens, and it’s sure been fun watching your canna offspring show up all over the forum. Lol!

I was too high yesterday to go back and read. Lol! When you visit I’ll have more DDA on hand. By then I should have at least one more cured. Ooo... and I have cobs.

:passitleft:

I can check my reservoir level without moving the netpot too, just pull the airhose out and the water comes up into the tube showing me what's inside.

Oh I totally recognized that magic... the double function is great. Don't even have to pull the airhose to check levels... just shut of the airpump. Yup... lazy.

I did an airstone in a hempy pot. It got completely coated in roots, but it didn't seem to make any difference in the final product so that experimentation got shoved to the back shelf some.

Alright folks, while we wait for the seeds to crack I'll show you everything else I use.

View media item 1634939
View media item 1634940

Yep, that's it. The white buckets are marked in gallon increments. I use them to hold water while it evaps the chlorine. I also use an empty one to place the plant in when doing a water change. The gallon jug is marked also and used when mixing up replacement water.

The rest is self explanatory; a pump for moving water, big spoon to mix water & nutrients, a spray bottle, 3ml pipettes for measuring the nutrients, a ppm meter, and a Quality pH meter. I rarely use the pH meter but dwc newbies need to know how to use one and why.

Reckon I'll go sit on the back porch for a while and wait on these seeds. If y'all have any questions so far holler 'em out. I've got nothing else to do but pontificate. :rofl:

A lot of people use well water but it has rob hasn’t high iron and cal-mag so you would want to use a hard water formula made by general hydroponic for your nutrients. Ideally I start with around 2-3 ppm with my reverse osmosis Nice neutral water. So all the additives in the water are put there by me. That means I basically control there whole feed. Now if you get a water analyst and find what all your parts are it would make the grow easier But saying all that yes it will work giving the proper nutrients

I have well water. It's really good water for well water. Out of the tap it's around 250 on my tds meter. pH varies. Do you think it will be ok for dwc ?

Good question Dank. The way I do it pH would be no problem. The AN pH Perfect does the work as long as I change the reservoir every week or so, more often in bloom. 250ppm is on the high end, but that also depends on what's in it. Limestone water high in calcium could cause that reading and would be no problem, but if it's 250ppm of arsenic it won't work. :hmmmm: :laugh: My tap water is around 135-40ppm and that's after passing through a salt ion exchange water softener and I have no problems. So I'd say if I can grow with sodium added to my water, your well water will probably work.

There's only one way to find out though. :) If it turns out that it's too hard there are nutrient lines designed exactly for that, or you can call the info line for the nutrient manufacturer and ask what they recommend. Keep in mind their job is to sell you more of whatever they have, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

There are cheaper ways to do what I'm going to document, but this is what works for me. Each grower has to find what works and where their needs, time, and ability fit. @VilliageIdiot will tell you this can all be accomplished for pennies, and he's correct. So please y'all look around and adapt the different styles to what works for you. There are several great dwc growers to search, read, and question around here. You'll see how many when I post something incorrectly. :rofl: Seriously though, it ain't rocket science, it was harder to learn how to roll a good joint. :rollit:

A lot of people use well water but it has rob hasn’t high iron and cal-mag so you would want to use a hard water formula made by general hydroponic for your nutrients. Ideally I start with around 2-3 ppm with my reverse osmosis Nice neutral water. So all the additives in the water are put there by me. That means I basically control there whole feed. Now if you get a water analyst and find what all your parts are it would make the grow easier But saying all that yes it will work giving the proper nutrients

You beat me to it. :laugh: My keyboard is high and moving slowly. :ganjamon:

Hahah. I’m just at work with nothing to do. Actually looking at seeds for my next grow.
3A1FBF2F-B46C-4832-A72B-42B77E37A944.png

In on a well now...I grew up on a well and have impervious teeth. Dentists are amazed.

But I been growing only about 2 months on my new well and so far so good I think.
There are good wells... there are bad wells. I live on an active volcano. Mine is the only well in the area that is not smelling of sulphur. I think I may have tapped an underground river to be honest. But I am at like 145 ft or so. Everyone else the fixtures turn yellow. Mine seems great.

Some wells are great. Like any water source...deal with it. Clean it if you must. Don't if you can. Nothing out of good well water is inherently bad for DWC. Just may make taking readings harder.

My last place I was on city water with a tap ppm of 14. That was soooooo nice compared to California horrific water. I used to grow in the Sacramento area and that water is just horrible. I bet LA is even worse.

Back
Top Bottom