Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

So you are watering with water that is above 7? 7.5, 8? I spent the last 3 days researching water Ph and soil Ph. I saw a few nute companies calling Ph up and down harsh on plants, but I couldn't find any proof of this. AN was one of them. I could swear I read it on a journal too, but I can't find it now. Oh well. I agree, 6.4 is better than 8.

So you are watering with water that is above 7? 7.5, 8?

Not at all. I use pH Down (Phosphoric acid). As I said, it has no deleterious effect on the plants. If you find your solution in the 6.3-6.8 range I wouldn't touch it.

1661117075907.png

DAY 57

Leaf color has been returning to normal. The spots on the leaves don't seem to be spreading so that is fine. I've just been bending and tying. I am a little worried about how the last transplant went. You can tell where the two different pot sizes met. Should I pour more soil over the top to let that settle in. Also. NY4's feeder roots were right at thte top of the soil the whole way around. I just noticed that when I was doing the soil slurry today. For that reason I did not get very far below the surface for the slurry test. I also only took 5 grams because I was worried about agitating the plants/roots. The instructions I found said 2 parts water to 1 part soil. When I added 10 grams of water to 5 grams of soil, it was still pretty dry. So I added another 10 grams. 5 grams soil, 20 grams water. I let that sit for a half hour. I came back and everything was either 6.4 or 6.6....on the surface. And now for some pics.

Have a good one fellow growers. Thanks [button] for stopping by.

I'd give it longer than that for the soil and water to infuse. Shake every 15 mins for an hour and then let it sit for an hour.

Just checking...this was distilled water yes? Also, I run 1tbs soil/8oz water.
Yes sir and yes sir. They still sitting here next to me so I'll get another test shortly.

How far down did you go for your sample? I saw 2 inches, 6 inches and when we used to do it in the potato feilds, we had a metal probe that could go a foot or two depending on how hard the soil was. Those got sent to the state though.

How far down did you go for your sample? I saw 2 inches, 6 inches and when we used to do it in the potato feilds, we had a metal probe that could go a foot or two depending on how hard the soil was. Those got sent to the state though.
You had a potato field? Idaho? With UK bugs? Weird!

My soil was the same all the way through so I took it off the top. Don't want to dig up roots to do the test anyway!

Haha! Your mission is to find where folks are! There are no dispensaries in Idaho Shed. Blood Red State. I just did another test. The Cheeses all went up while the NYs stayed the same.
Cheese1 started 6.8, settled 6.7
Cheese2 6.8 - 6.7
Cheese5 6.6 to 6.5 to 6.6
NYCTD1 6.5 - 6.6
NYCTD4 6.4 - 6.5

I am going to check one more time in a while. I just read that Ph will drift up (in the slight chance case that I am remembering right) as co2 settles, so I have lids on them. I am happy that they are in range though. It means that it is the way that I am feeding them. I'd rather things be my fault than the soil or something else I can't fix. I can change my behavior but not anyone else, or anything else...I think the NYs might not want as much macro nutrients as they want secondary. The Cheeses I have not figured out yet. It seems like they want more N and CalMag, yet there are a couple burnt tips! WTF Cheeses??? Cheese5 still has thin rubbery everything. She looks so good though.

I've heard a few songs mention the fire herb that comes out of Idaho. I'm not in Idaho though, I'll give you that much. I need dispensaries still (another hint) because I can't find Forbidden Fruit seeds that I trust. I've seen 2 places that have the seed under the french name, but those buds are green as can be. Forbidden Fruit is BLACK! It's the best weed nobody has heard of!

Day 58

Just a quick update for today. For once, there's not much to say. Please stay this way the rest of the grow my dear garden! I hope your garden grows well! Happy Thursday all! We are almost there!

Well that is good to know and evident in my soil slurry. I think I'm getting it dialed in a lot more now, thanks in large part to you guys! Auto pilot please!

DAY 60!!!

Nice! I am glad to have made it this far. They are starting to do some stretching. Cheese 1 mainly. I watered them with 2 gallons of water yesterday. I cut the grow by 3 ml and added 4 ml of bloom in it's place.
CM - 7ml
Grow - 7ml
Bloom-4ml
Root - 10ml
Weed- 4ml
Marine-7ml
PH 6.7
PPM 460 & 530 I'm not sure why, they got exactly the same amount in each gallon.

So I labeled a pic of Cheese 1, red being the uppermost top spot in question, Yellow the node under it and blur shows the main stems on the top 2 branches. I took a shot of both side and left 2 so anyone with input can use those instead of my marked one.

Cheese 5 is getting overwhelming and unmanageable. Her stems are still so thin and weak. Should I defoliate like you are on the AK Shed? She is just bushy and I can't make heads or tails on how to move forward with her. She seems like she could be awesome, but something needs done...

And here they are at the company anniversary party!

I hope you fine growers are having a great Saturday! All your grows are looking great!

It's a funny thing Ripe. I've been growing and pruning plants since I moved to CA about 30 years ago, from shrubs and bushes to peach, lemon, pomegranate, and rubber trees. It never occurred to me that any of that would be useful for growing cannabis because my first grows were autoflowers, and I barely touch them for fear of slowing them down.

Now that I have autos I feel free to put my pruning skills to use, and that's a strange feeling. Having done a few trims on the AK, I felt confident doing a more severe one today as well as tackling the bushy Gold Leaf.

Enough about me. You probably should prune Cheese 5 and maybe Cheese 2 a bit as well. I put the AK on a table and knelt down under it to start with, worked my way up, and eventually put it on the ground so I could see it from above. Have a goal in mind when you start so every cut has a purpose.

The reason I ask is because of stem strength, site #s and as it sits, there are 8-12 cola sites per side on the top branches alone. 2 sets of branches below those on the come up. Do I top those as well? Ya get what I'm saying? Plus the upcoming ScroG. When is that supposed to happen? I can foresee the shape that is going to happen. Topped again or not. Is 24-32 bud sites per plant enough or do you really want 100?

As far as Cheese2 & 5, I ask because I've seen a good deall about letting leaves fall off on their own. I've also seen how good your plants look every time you prune them. Thanks for the tip on the bottom up.

Can't comment on the scrog question, which off the top of my head you can probably find the answer to on the threads of those who scrog, but I topped AK a few time as I wanted the lower branches to catch up to the top. This time I left the tops alone and thinned out the undercarriage and picked specific branches to survive or cull based on where they were going to grow.
Grandpa T has a scrog which he sets up on page 3:
Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

I'm sure you can find youtube vids on scrogging or this pictorial LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy.

Silica is used to stiffen stems, so you might want to give ArmorSi or something similar a try.

Back
Top Bottom