Second Grow: 2xZkittlez, 1xBlueberry 2019-2020

Do you know it’s root rot for sure?

Yeah, it's taken all on all of the symptoms of root rot. If it's not, it's some sort of bacteria that's affecting the roots regardless.

Transplant into fresh soil.

Unfortunately, I don't have extra soil on hand. And the places I can normally get quality soil are closed for the time being.
I'm living on a prayer that hydroguard and more hydrogen peroxide will potentially stop the spreading. I also added another small fan at root level to help air out the pots.

Peroxide and make sure the pots drain well.
Been giving them lots of massages in the fabric pots. Also attempted to turn the soil a bit around the rootball. Make sure it gets loosened up and aired out.

Keep the peroxide on them if you’re sure it’s root rot.

You mentioned it before, and it's exhibited all the signs of it. I'm not sure of what else it could honestly be at this point, since it has affect all 3 of the plants and stopped their growth. Nonetheless, gave them a good feed tonight, added hydrogen peroxide, and then finished the feed. Just gotta hope for the best.

The top growth has very slight browning on the tips though. I think I'm honestly over-feeding them slightly. Using MC, and doing 5 grams/gallon right now, which is recommended for the middle of flower.

Have we ruled out a nitrogen deficiency?

My initial thought was nitrogen, due to me starting to use RO water about half way through the growth. My biggest indicator of root rot is that the blueberry stayed wilted even after getting fed.

I mean. Damaged leaves will never repair them selves. So you should be looking at other leaves for new damage. I’m thinking root rot, was said and you’ve been feeding her peroxide for so long that it made the issue worse. Root rot, is common, but it’s really not as common as one would think. If a person is on top of not letting it sit in run off, and having good airflow, it’s nearly impossible. Just my honest opinion. :smokin:

Well, the timeline hasn't really been THAT long (2 1/2 weeks in total), but the damage has been significantly worse. I started given them feedings of peroxide about 5 days ago, did again 2 days later, but haven't fed them the last 2 days at all, as they were still wet. More leaves have exhibited signs of what could be nitrogen deficiencies or root rot. It's hard to tell.

While I may have fed them a little too consistently for a week or two at most, I didn't think I had a major overwatering issue and they are in fabric pots. I did read that root rot can spread and I'm kind of assuming that's what happened. I keep my humidity and temps in a decent range, and have only been feeding them MC at recommended amounts and a bit of molasses. I have left over bloom nutrients that are a bottled nutrients that I guess I could add to see if the boost of nitrogen helps, but how do you really determine the issue between the two? Again, I'd like to think I have a pretty good understanding of my plants, but I'm still an amateur and this is only my second grow.

Them being in soil and scrogged, is there an easy way to do that outside of lifting them out of the pot?

Cut a flap in the bottom of the pot. Look inside the flap, and rig it back together. sew it back together or have something holding it shut. The other option is putting the pot on a bucket, flip the cloth pot down leaving the root ball. Then flip the cloth pot back into place, warning, that task isn’t easy either. May make a mess

Cut a flap in the bottom of the pot. Look inside the flap, and rig it back together. sew it back together or have something holding it shut. The other option is putting the pot on a bucket, flip the cloth pot down leaving the root ball. Then flip the cloth pot back into place, warning, that task isn’t easy either. May make a mess

Great - thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait a day or two for them to dry out since I just fed them yesterday. I'm also going to be genuinely curious to see what they look like today after 24 hours. The more I stay up at night pondering it, the more I'm wondering if it's underfeeding them, as the colas are still growing and getting frosty.

Back
Top Bottom