SeedsMan Banana Jealousy Comparative Grow in vGrow by LKABudMan

Thank you so much to Seedsman for including me in this comparative grow, my first one! I'll be growing in the Vivosun vGrow again, trying to fill this 18x18 box with as much Banana Jealousy as possible.

Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.
Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mold is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.
Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavors (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.

Characteristics

Brand/breeder: Seedsman
Parental lines: Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41
Variety: Hybrid
Color: Purple | Light Green
Flowering type: Photoperiod
Sex: Feminized
THC content: Very High (25%+)
CBD content: Low (0-1%)
Yield outdoor: High (450-750gr/Plant)
Yield indoor: High (450-600gr/M2)
Plant height: Tall (>200cm)
Photoperiod flowering time: 8 To 10 Weeks
Northern hemisphere harvest: September | October
Southern hemisphere harvest: March
Suitable climates: Cool | Dry | Hot | Warm
Odor: High
Mold resistance: Medium
Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense): 4
Good for extracts: High
Aroma: Fruity | Skunky

I'll be growing her in the Vivosun vGrow Smart Grow Box. Geared toward first-time growers with limited space, this revolutionary grow box is all about making your cultivation experience easier, more convenient, and successful. The Future of Growing Starts Here!

The Vivosun vGrow is an all-in-one smart grow box featuring:

Light - Integrated 100w Samsung LM301H EVO LED with Adjustable spectrum and intensity
Exhaust - Built in exhaust with an integrated carbon filter (replaceable), ensuring that your indoor space maintains a pristine, odor-free environment.
Ventilation - vGrow has a patented multi-dimensional airflow system, combining bottom-to-top airflow with airflow coming from the sides. With both internal and external air circulation it creates the perfect environment for your plants to thrive.
Built-in Swick base - The vGrow has a swick base. It even has built-in sensors to show your water level.
Accessories & Supplies - The kit, currently on kickstarter for $420 and set to deliver in Feb 2024, comes with everything you need for your first grow. The accessories kit comes with a trellis net, clippers, and other things you'll need. The supply kit contains everything you need for one grow except for a seed (I think they are still trying to work with a seed vendor). This includes the fabric pot, a brick of coco, nutrients, and some other equipment. It also contains a replacement carbon filter for the exhaust.
20240304_124520.jpg

The hardware is really only half of it, though. Paired with the Vivosun app(compatible with iOS and Android), you can manage your plants from anywhere. Adjust climate conditions like lighting and humidity, and ensure your plants get the water they need with smart irrigation control. The app will take you from seedling all the way through harvest and drying, helping guide you along the way. The software is still being refined, but the plan is to walk a new grower through the entire process.

What am I growing in?
I'll be growing in coco coir again. This time, I bought some pre-washed and buffered coco.
20240407_102239.jpg

20240407_102351.jpg

- Medium: Coco Coir
- Pot: Start in final pot - 3 Gallon Vivosun grow bag (vinyl sides)
- Water: Carbon-filtered well water @ 100ppm/8.1pH
- Nutrients: Megacrop 1-part (MC) with Bud Explosion, Epsom salt, and Great White (bacteria) and Dynomyco.

Lung room: My home office:
- Temps: 60-72f - My office is upstairs. The A/C stays on upstairs, but the vent in my office usually remains closed. It still stays under 75f.
- Humidity: based on ambient.

Thanks for tagging along, and feel free to join in and ask questions.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

Kiko (Seedsman Banana Jealousy) in the vGrow
Date: 5/6/24 - Day# 14
Medium: 3G pot w/ Coco
Nutrients: 2g/G MC
Light: 50% Vegetative spectrum 16/8
Circulation: 4/10​

I'm a little late starting this journal, but better late then never! I received 10 seeds and a little gift package from Seedsman on 4/16.
20240416_082552.jpg

I put the seed in the plug the next day, hoping for a 4/20 sprout. Kiko took six days, though, and sprouted on 4/23.

I was busy and it took me another three days to pot the plug. By then, it had some really nice rooting as seen through the clear Vivosun propagation tray.

I hydrated the brick of coco using 6.5G of 2g/G MC pH'ed to 5.8. Then I filled the 3G Vivosun cloth pot with coco, using a place holder for the new pot. A quick switch and Kiko is in her new home. I covered the surface with river rocks to hold in the moisture (skipping the garden fabric this time). I watered her thoroughly and the output was right at 5.8pH. Then I put her in the vGrow, at seedling mode with 50% light.

Kiko has been in there for nearly two weeks. I've been watering her 1-2 times/day, using the MC blend and watering around the outside. I switched the vGrow to vegetative mode a couple of days ago, still at 50% for now. She's had a little leaf curling, possibly indicating too much light. I've kept it at 50%, though, not wanting her to stretch and encouraging tight node spacing.

Today I lifted and turned the pot and there are two little roots growing through the bottom. I take that as a sign that she's ready to start drinking from the SIP res. Soon I'll clean it out and fill it with fresh nutrients. For now, I'm still top feeding daily, with enough going in the res to keep her wet. She also looks like she's ready to move up to 4g/G MC. Time to see what this girl can do!

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Date: 5/13/24 - Day# 20

Nutrients: 4.2g/G MC
Light: 65% Vegetative spectrum 16/8 32DLI
Circulation: 6/10​

I've still been top-feeding Kiko, for the last week with 4.2g/G MC. All the run-off from the beginning is in her res. Today, I'll take the swick res out and clean it really well. Then I'll fill it with a gallon of nutrients with 5g MC and a little Great White. Top-feeding is over, it's time she started drinking solely from the swick base.

Kiko has nice fat fans that cover almost the entire box now. This morning she also had enough of the 5th node popping up for me to cut it off, along with the 6th that was starting.

I've turned the max humidity down to 65% day / 55% night. I've also turned the light up to 65%, giving her 32 DLI on a 16/8 day. Both of those should get her drinking and respiring more. For now, I'm just letting her grow. Soon, though, it'll be time to start the LST and see how full I can get this box.

Oh lucky duck, you got a built in cheater bar. How cool is that. Have you used it yet? The green measure strip in the corner of your tent. It even has a 'top here' measurement. 💚
This is my second grow using the vGrow. With my first I pretty much stuck to the recommendations. I put the mini scrog at the trellis mark and flipped to flower from there. This time I may let them grow a little taller before I flip.

Date: 5/14/24 - Day# 21

Nutrients: 5.1g/G MC
Light: 65% Vegetative spectrum 16/8 32DLI
Circulation: 6/10​

I'm done top-watering Kiko. Today, I took the reservoir out of the vGrow and washed it out. I put it back in and filled it with a gallon of nutrients, with 5.1g MC and a dash of Great White. I pH'ed it down to 6.1 knowing it has a tendency to come down.

I was hoping to fill the top of the pot with roots before switching over to SIP to make sure it wicks and it looks like I did. I can tell by feeling the sides of the pot that it's wet almost to the top. Kiko even has roots coming out and air-pruning around the sides of the pot, with a good amount on the bottom as well. When I put her back I tucked the big top leaves down behind the lower nodes, getting more light to the lowers. It's time to see how she does with just the SIP.

Back
Top Bottom