Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy | 420 Magazine Comparative Grow Journal | Coco

Thought I may as well pot her up while I'm at it...

DSC_4098.JPG

Solid roots

@NickHardy can you drop a pic of your solo runs for some sog inspiration for @Roy Growin ?
nicks one of the better sog growers i've seen here.

@NickHardy can you drop a pic of your solo runs for some sog inspiration for @Roy Growin ?
nicks one of the better sog growers i've seen here.
I follow Nick's grows and we discuss pot sizes, watering etc regularly, but my style differs in that mine are more like micro grows compared to the space, lamps, CO2 etc he implements
He's originally from my neck of the woods [Southern UK], many moons ago

I follow Nick's grows and we discuss pot sizes, watering etc regularly, but my style differs in that mine are more like micro grows compared to the space, lamps, CO2 etc he implements
He's originally from my neck of the woods [Southern UK], many moons ago
My wife is from southern UK in Cornwall. Been many times and really love that part of the country!

only ever been to london which as much the UK as new york is the US. my girlfriend was almost unhappy at how well i got on with everyone. was an epic trip. hung out with both jazz musicians and punks lol.

went to that massive music club under the highway one night, where they wouldn't let pay us for our own beer, and the manager of a jazz club set a table up for us 3 feet from the stage where we saw wynton marsalis the next night.

i really liked london.

I've been trying out AN pH Perfect Sensi Coco/Big Bud so far this year and I've had problems with both grows
Only reason I tried it is because my pH pen went whacky so I figured PH Perfect was a better solution - mistake
I eventually sent back the BB because it was like a smelly yoghurt, and I suspect the A/B has also gone bad
My plants are growing ok, but just look a bit lame rather than lush

As of now, I am now going to revert to Canna Coco A/B, I've had great success with it for years
New batteries and calibration fluid ordered - let's get some proper green going on here

Me neither, it'll go in the water butt or compost pile for the veg garden
Canna Coco is made for tap water but work just as well with RO. It's more than solid!

Cheers!

Canna Coco is made for tap water but work just as well with RO. It's more than solid!

there's been a few on the board that had a hard time working with it at first. it's popular up here.

Me neither, it'll go in the water butt or compost pile for the veg garden

any unused nutes and all my runoff goes into the outdoor veg garden. better there than down a drain. we try to re-use or compost everything that comes out of the indoor grow.

there's been a few on the board that had a hard time working with it at first. it's popular up here.
People who's just starting out have problem with every single nutrient formula. It's easy throwing the kitchen sink at the plants and believing more is always better starting out!

When growing in coco coir it's probably the easiest and most stable nutrient formula to use. Before Canna had their buffering agent and "Calmag" products they recommended to buffer with A+B. It works exactly the same for the intended purpose.

There's just so many mixed informations everywhere even from nutrient manufacturer trying to market what the customer wants, not necessarily what they need. Using PK's in soilless and especially coir is more than contra productive. The only result is lack of potency since coir already contains a lot of K and high K is very detrimental for potency.

If you look at nutrient schedules they often want you to use all of their product line. It's funny how they've changed throughout the years while the plants requirements stayed the same?

If you look at nutrient schedules they often want you to use all of their product line. It's funny how they've changed throughout the years while the plants requirements stayed the same?

if the base nutes don't work on their own decent it is not worth it.
no one should need anymore than base nutes, calmag, and possibly a late flower booster as far as inputs. assuming its a bottle or nute fed grow.

I've tried plenty of nute lines and Canna is the most reliable imo, though I do also like BioBz

Only thing I don't quite get is the much respected insistence of @Wastei that CaMg is not necessary, and that coco is already K laden so PK is also not a good practice in coco
I shy to disagree, but that is simply not my experience
Have to think about it though, opinions of other capable growers cannot be dismissed without consideration

I've tried plenty of nute lines and Canna is the most reliable imo, though I do also like BioBz

Only thing I don't quite get is the much respected insistence of @Wastei that CaMg is not necessary, and that coco is already K laden so PK is also not a good practice in coco
I shy to disagree, but that is simply not my experience
Have to think about it though, opinions of other capable growers cannot be dismissed without consideration
If you look at the numbers for each buffering mineral on full strength Ca/Mg solution take Calcium/Magnesium that I use from T.A as an example it has:

2.5% N 4% Ca and 1% Mg

while Canna Coco A + B has :

5% N 5% Ca and 2% Mg.

Canna Coco A+ B has more Calcium than full strength Calcium/Magnesium solution per volume that tells me it's already calculated, tested and included in the formula intended for coir.

Canna's buffering and Calmag solution is what the market asked for and I believe Canna was last of them to market a Ca/Mg solution while not changing their original coir formula.

biobiz and canna are fairly similar. i think canna does have a little more calmag.
i run a little cal mag on most nutes. it does smooth a few things out. i've never run a full dose though on anything.

Back
Top Bottom