Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

Chopping this bagseed later on today, thought id recognise the strain when she flowered...but..nope lol! Very resinous, this ones in a tent out the shed, just over 5months..gonna be a nice smooth smoke..no expecting much from her..a zip anyway..in her 9th week 12/12..she'll be in the dark 24hrs
20191105_202323.jpg
20191031_145826.jpg
20191031_120539.jpg
20191031_120508.jpg

All the stuff in the beginning explaining how and why you sprouted those seeds was very informative. I think I'll give that a try for next time! But just to clarify, you filled the entire cup with perlite, correct?

I'm looking at your seedling growth and comparing it to mine (Northern Lights ordered from Seedsman) and mine grew so slowly in the beginning. I didn't use any grow lights until she was about 3 weeks old, and from there on she grew faster but I was overwatering her. All these newbie mistakes I'm making, but it's so true that you can read all you like about growing, but you don't know until you do it yourself. This thread has been so informative and I'm excited to see how your plants grow.

Also, the plants I saw with the purple buds... so pretty! If there was a loveheart eyeballs emoji here, I would use it. My plant has suddenly developed red leaves but I think that's just from me being a noob :rolleyes:

I think I'll give that a try for next time! But just to clarify, you filled the entire cup with perlite, correct?

Welcome to the thread.
Perlite top to bottom is correct. The perlite absorbs the moisture but provides plenty of air pockets between each individual piece for the roots to flourish. And the perlite wicks the moisture from the area below the hole which is the reservoir in this case.

I have a homemade box in which I sprout plants, root cuttings, and grow small plants till there is a spot for them in my veg tent. The box is lighted with 4 CFL bulbs.

When I transplanted those seedlings from the perlite into the soil I soaked the soil fairly well. That was 2 weeks ago and since that time I have watered only one time and that was around the edge of the solo cups trying to moisten the soil against the sides of the cups. I learned this technique from @Emilya It draws the roots to the outside of the cup which greatly increases the root mass.

Not sure about the red leaves. Is that in natural light out from under any grow lights? You didn't mention how far along your plant is now. Feel free to share photos if you like. There are some very experienced growers who visit this thread and are always happy to lend a hand and share their knowledge.

A space opened up in my flowering tent yesterday so today I did a little tidying up, some branch supporting, and leaf removal on the girls already flowering. The open slot is now occupied by my beautiful Seedsman Original Skunk #1 plant. First time growing this strain so I'm not sure how much she'll stretch. I've heard their stretch can vary from plant to plant. Since I have a relatively short tent I wanted to get her in there now in case she is one of the big stretchers. Going in to the flowering tent to me she is looking beautiful. I have been having a few problems with my flowering plants of late and can only attribute it to the organic soil I'm using. I've changed the recipe up a little for the Skunk so I'm anxious to see if it makes a positive difference. Here are her first couple photos in the flowering tent. Behind her to the right is Black Cherry Punch at flip + 32 days. In the back left is Jellium #4 who is at flip +33 days. And barely in the second photo is Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry at flip + 23 days.

I was really looking forward to some interaction in this thread instead of folks popping in and grabbing some quick "likes" and popping out again. But what are you gonna do right? For those of you taking the time to comment and share you're greatly appreciated.
Keep doing what you are doing....they will come. Plants are looking on point as always Beez!

Her calendar can be full sometimes.
Very true, I applaud her tremendously supportive and knowledgeable contributions to this 420 community.

@Commando45 That's a mighty fine looking plant you've got going there! Did you grow it under CFL bulbs the entire flowering cycle? And you're right, she is covered in trichromes.
Yeah, 450w dual spectrum cfl and four 23w cfl..whole grow yep

Another great and instructional thread beez. It's been a long time and I'm glad you're back at it.
And I have time to do this because....I am retired.
Oh, that explains it.
As always, any questions please feel free to ask.
Two questions. How deep do you drop the seed in the perlite? And is the hole near the bottom of the cup just for the purposes of draining out the initial water/kelp meal mixture after soaking?

I'd try this but I have to find a place that sells perlite in small quantities. I don't need a big bag of it for a few solo cups.
it's important to dry the plant/buds in the dark.
Light and heat will cause the THCa to degrade to CBNa faster. Might be a good idea if you are looking for sleep meds, but to preserve the THCa, it's cool and dark for the win.

I think you did a great job having gone start to finish under CFLs.

Shows to go that put your mind to it, somebody gonna get high. lol

Dont mind me, I'm sitting next to a plant that's hang drying. I think I'm getting a contact high.

I kinda sorta feel like I'm trimming but I'm just computering.

My guess is 25g dry in the jar.

Back
Top Bottom