Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

Re: The cavalry has arrived...

I'm subbed up and looking forward to it, Shadow. :thumb:

I think I'll take this spot over here, if you don't mind. I'm here to watch and learn. :battingeyelashes:

Happy to have you both here. Graytail, I have looked in on your High Brix grows many times and I am excited to have you here to impart knowledge on us all. Sue, I have followed your organic grows and will have to try and catch up on your High Brix grow. That will probably pretty daunting as there are so many pages haha. Thank you both for being here.

Ok shadow that's me arrived & subbed so let the show begin lol! looking forward to seeing those nirvana seeds in action & after witnessing your previous grow I know they're in very good hands :grinjoint:

Ok shadow that's me arrived & subbed so let the show begin lol! looking forward to seeing those nirvana seeds in action & after witnessing your previous grow I know they're in very good hands :grinjoint:

Thanks Sol, I am really happy to have you here. I hope your trip goes well and hopefully your girls will be okay.

Ak48 Day 13 - Wonder Woman Day 6

Not a whole lot going on with the girls. AK48 is already looking pretty amazing. I can't wait to see how she grows. Wonder Woman has been barely growing on top, but she is building her root system so that is to be expected. I have already noticed quite a few roots underneith the air pots so they are doing there job.

I gave the girls 1/4 transplant with tea about 5 days ago and gave them some water after I took photos today. Trying to get them on the same watering schedule now.

I have been super busy as of late, good ol' life keeping me busy lately. I hope all of you are doing well.

AK48 - Day 13
13-AK48-1.png

13-AK48-2.png

Wonder Woman - Day 6
6-WW.png

AK48 Day 21 - Wonder Woman Day 14
Hello 420 family, update time.

It saddens me to tell you the girls aren't looking so hot. As I told you all last update, I have been super busy as of late. I got a new job and have been working long hours, but I am loving the new job so it is not all bad.

So what happened with the girls you ask? I watered them twice without the 1/4 transplant as they originally looked great. The started to exhibit some yellowing of the leaves (especially at the bottom). I was letting them dry out and realized that this wasn't cause by being too dry, but from lack of nutrition.

After I realized the state the girls were in after not checking on them for a few days after water, I went into emergency mode. I gave them the emergency transplant dose at lower levels for 2 plant that Doc recommends if something didn't go right. I then proceded to also give them their first De-stress spray. That was 2 days ago and they both look much better, but still haven't fully recovered. Today I gave them a spray of Brix and after they dry out a bit from the Transplant watering, I will give them Growth Energy. That should put me back on track.

After all that, I am planning on transplanting them into 5 liter air-pots and continue vegging them. I plan on topping AK48 soon as well. Probably after she recovers a bit.

I really hope everyone is well and enjoying life. If you have any suggestions, please make them as I am just going by what I have read from Doc and you all and am still up for suggestions.

Thanks for reading, see you all soon.

AK48 - Day 21
21-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 14
14-WW.png

Group shot
group-21-14.png

AK48 Day 24 - Wonder Woman Day 17
Hello 420 family, time for another update.

The girls are looking good and have pretty much recovered from my abuse or lack of knowledge in Brix growing rather. They have both greened out and have been reaching for the light.

Since we talked last I Drenched the girls with 5mL GE + 1/4 Transplant (1.25 mL) + 1mL Tea. The next day I sprayed them again with some De-Stress 1 mL + 1 oz of water.

I also went ahead and topped AK48 since she is looking green and beautiful again. Wonder woman has been a slow grower since she showed her face. I am not sure if that is quite normal. I guess it could be do to no nutrients. It is now making me wonder if the soil cooked correctly. I let it go a month and a half before I used the soil. What do you all think?

Also, I was curious if I should go ahead and transplant my girls into 1 gallon (5 Liter) Air-pots and let them veg for a while? Please provide any input to help me out here.

Thanks all and happy growing.

AK48 - Day 24
24-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 17
17-WW.png

Group Shot
group-24-17.png

That little straggler is a thorn in your side, isn't it? If your soil didn't cook properly I would expect both plants to be affected, but that's not the case. It may be a slow starter, it may be a bad seed.

I'm pretty sure letting the soil cook longer wouldn't have a detrimental effect. Letting it cook to little is the greater concern. Try to just let her be for a few days and not fret over it. Hopefully she'll come around. She's growing, so I'd anticipate her to explode soon.

These early stages drive me to distraction sometimes. I want them to just grow faster. :laughtwo:

The larger of the two? Get it transplanted. For the size of the plant you've got to be close to root bound.

Ok I'm game. Still learning the ropes, so every one I can watch will only help in the long run.

:popcorn:

Yay Sue. I ended up getting me one of those Flairosol sprayers you recommended. They are pretty sweet. I wish the stem went just a little further down that way when you are only spraying an oz of product you don't have to move it all around. Over super happy with the purchase though. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumb:

Hi shadow!
WHASSSSUPPP?
:popcorn:

Your plants are looking great, particularly that bigger one. I dont know anything about brix so I cant help with your question. Im sorry to say. But, just from my own common sense, Id think that transplanting isnt really that necessary right now. Maybe there is something I dont know thats important though.

I've not used air pots so dunno what they do to the transplant timeline, or ease of transplant.
My plants took right at two weeks for each up-canning. If true for you, then the AK should be ready.
IMO a lot of it has to do with the wet/dry cycles used. If you done a good job of letting them dry (but not so dry you let them wilt) and then drench them completely, they should be rootbound by now, I would think.
Those pots look like it would be difficult to un-pot them. If it isn't an issue, just knock it out of the pot. If it has the correct root development, up-can it. If it doesn't, put it back in its pot and wait another week before checking again.
Good luck with you HB goodness!

That little straggler is a thorn in your side, isn't it? If your soil didn't cook properly I would expect both plants to be affected, but that's not the case. It may be a slow starter, it may be a bad seed.

I'm pretty sure letting the soil cook longer wouldn't have a detrimental effect. Letting it cook to little is the greater concern. Try to just let her be for a few days and not fret over it. Hopefully she'll come around. She's growing, so I'd anticipate her to explode soon.

These early stages drive me to distraction sometimes. I want them to just grow faster. :laughtwo:

The larger of the two? Get it transplanted. For the size of the plant you've got to be close to root bound.

Thanks Sue. Yeah, she has been a bit of a thorn. She is definitely growing now, so hopefully she can catch up :) .

I've not used air pots so dunno what they do to the transplant timeline, or ease of transplant.
My plants took right at two weeks for each up-canning. If true for you, then the AK should be ready.
IMO a lot of it has to do with the wet/dry cycles used. If you done a good job of letting them dry (but not so dry you let them wilt) and then drench them completely, they should be rootbound by now, I would think.
Those pots look like it would be difficult to un-pot them. If it isn't an issue, just knock it out of the pot. If it has the correct root development, up-can it. If it doesn't, put it back in its pot and wait another week before checking again.
Good luck with you HB goodness!

Transplanting with the air pots is actually really easy. All you have to do is unscrew the little plastic nut and it all unfolds. I transplanted a lemon tree that I started from seed and it was a pleasant experience. I am pretty sure my wet/dry cycles have been good. I did drench with the energy to get them back on track the other day. I am thinking I will probably transplant this weekend once they dry out a little.

I will take your advice and check the roots before I commit though. Thanks for the input Major, much appreciated.

Your plants are looking great, particularly that bigger one. I dont know anything about brix so I cant help with your question. Im sorry to say. But, just from my own common sense, Id think that transplanting isnt really that necessary right now. Maybe there is something I dont know thats important though.
Thanks Sorenna!

Could be this weekend sometime! Theyre still making pistils right now but their days are numbered thats for sure :)
Well they look absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see some pics after you get them all trimmed up and ready for prom hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom