Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

should I tag along? lets see

HB Kit, check
Platinum, check
Nirvana, check

OK, I'm in
Awesome, welcome Hash Hound! Glad to have you here.

The longer the soil cooks the better it gets...believe me :)
Well by the time I transplant it should be cooking for almost 3 months! These girls should really take off then. I am almost curious if I should go straight to the bigger pots from the 1-liters or start with the 5-liters then graduate to the 5 gallon geo pots?

Id go with bigger than 5 gals to finish shadow, especially if you're gonna flip as soon as you transplant. If not then you can go into a 5 liter then to at least a 7 gal. If you go into a 5 gal id flip right away or else youll run out of gas

Are you doing the dry/soak method? If not, do that for a week or ten days before transplanting. those aren't ready to transplant yet...not even close.

It's very important to let them dry out between waterings. When you do water, make sure you soak them from the bottom up, IE set them in a tub of water that is at least half as high as the soil level. let the soil wick things up.

Don't try to give them the most minimal drench you can pencil out using complicated formulas and ideas about soil volume, etc. For those, I'd take 2 gallons of water in some type of tub so that the water level is half to 2/3 as high as the soil level, add 2 mils of Tea, 1/8 oz Transplant and 1/4 oz of whatever drench you're using (GE or Transplant).

The yellowing you had indicates that the nitrogen fixing critters aren't fixing like they should....probably too wet in the root zone.

Also, remember DeStress is now 1/2 oz per quart. If I shipped you the old formula I would have indicated so on your packing list.

They look like they're recovering nicely, but DO NOT hurry to transplant them. I'd wait at least 10 days, and up to 3 weeks!!

Dry, dunk, soak, dry, dunk, soak, etc.

Id go with bigger than 5 gals to finish shadow, especially if you're gonna flip as soon as you transplant. If not then you can go into a 5 liter then to at least a 7 gal. If you go into a 5 gal id flip right away or else youll run out of gas
Thanks scrubby. I do have a pretty small tent so I can't let them get too big. In Doc's instructions he says a 7 gallon or 5 gallon equivalent root pot. Based on what you said though I will go 1 liter -> 5 liter (1 gallon) -> 5 gallon Fabric root pot
Are you doing the dry/soak method? If not, do that for a week or ten days before transplanting. those aren't ready to transplant yet...not even close.

It's very important to let them dry out between waterings. When you do water, make sure you soak them from the bottom up, IE set them in a tub of water that is at least half as high as the soil level. let the soil wick things up.

Don't try to give them the most minimal drench you can pencil out using complicated formulas and ideas about soil volume, etc. For those, I'd take 2 gallons of water in some type of tub so that the water level is half to 2/3 as high as the soil level, add 2 mils of Tea, 1/8 oz Transplant and 1/4 oz of whatever drench you're using (GE or Transplant).

The yellowing you had indicates that the nitrogen fixing critters aren't fixing like they should....probably too wet in the root zone.

Also, remember DeStress is now 1/2 oz per quart. If I shipped you the old formula I would have indicated so on your packing list.

They look like they're recovering nicely, but DO NOT hurry to transplant them. I'd wait at least 10 days, and up to 3 weeks!!

Dry, dunk, soak, dry, dunk, soak, etc.

I have been doing wet/dry cycles Doc. Perhaps they weren't getting dry enough. They looked bone dry before I would water though. I haven't been doing the drench from the bottom though and I will start doing that. When you give them a soak is that just watering well from the top?

I indeed do have the old kit Doc, directions are for 1 oz on the De-Stress. Would you recommend what I said to scrubby above Doc? 1 gallon in 10 or so days and Veg for a while, then do the 5 gallon smart pot?

I really do appreciate the help and input Doc and everyone.

When you give them a soak is that just watering well from the top?

Dunk them if you can. Water from the top and bottom with them sitting in a slightly bigger pot or ??? so they can soak well from the bottom. Leave them for a few minutes so they are completely drenched. Then remove and tip them from side to side to drain off a little.

Thanks scrubby. I do have a pretty small tent so I can't let them get too big. In Doc's instructions he says a 7 gallon or 5 gallon equivalent root pot. Based on what you said though I will go 1 liter -> 5 liter (1 gallon) -> 5 gallon Fabric root pot

I have been doing wet/dry cycles Doc. Perhaps they weren't getting dry enough. They looked bone dry before I would water though. I haven't been doing the drench from the bottom though and I will start doing that. When you give them a soak is that just watering well from the top?

I indeed do have the old kit Doc, directions are for 1 oz on the De-Stress. Would you recommend what I said to scrubby above Doc? 1 gallon in 10 or so days and Veg for a while, then do the 5 gallon smart pot?

I really do appreciate the help and input Doc and everyone.

The dunking method and lots of other basic stuff is found on the "In the Lab" thread. It's pretty helpful and a lot of questions that are asked frequently are answered on that thread with pictures etc.

I outlined the basics of it above. I think I mentioned about putting them in a tub/bucket of water and letting them soak it up from the bottom. That's key.

Let them get bone dry. If you don't know what bone dry is, let them wilt from lack of water once, then pick up the pot and get a feel for how much it weighs and what the center of gravity is of the pot.

Then, dunk it as I described above and as is documented on the "In the Lab" thread. Let 'em get good and soaked, all the way through...saturated.

Then, pick up the pots and drain the water out, tilting this way and that until there's no more run off.....then weigh the pot in your hand and get a feel for it and let that be your guide for watering every time, only try to catch 'em 10 minutes before they wilt without actually wilting.

That's how you get healthy roots, strong stems and tight internodes. In other words, you build the architecture and infrastructure for a successful bloom using this technique. That's why I do it and constantly talk about it. It's one of those things that actually works.

The dunking method and lots of other basic stuff is found on the "In the Lab" thread. It's pretty helpful and a lot of questions that are asked frequently are answered on that thread with pictures etc.

I outlined the basics of it above. I think I mentioned about putting them in a tub/bucket of water and letting them soak it up from the bottom. That's key.

Let them get bone dry. If you don't know what bone dry is, let them wilt from lack of water once, then pick up the pot and get a feel for how much it weighs and what the center of gravity is of the pot.

Then, dunk it as I described above and as is documented on the "In the Lab" thread. Let 'em get good and soaked, all the way through...saturated.

Then, pick up the pots and drain the water out, tilting this way and that until there's no more run off.....then weigh the pot in your hand and get a feel for it and let that be your guide for watering every time, only try to catch 'em 10 minutes before they wilt without actually wilting.

That's how you get healthy roots, strong stems and tight internodes. In other words, you build the architecture and infrastructure for a successful bloom using this technique. That's why I do it and constantly talk about it. It's one of those things that actually works.

I have read all the way through the "In the lab" thread and quite a bit from the QA thread. I just thought I was missing something. I thought you meant "dry -> dunk -> then soak -> dry" were all different steps. I realize now you just meant drunk and soak being the same step.

I will start dunking them to let the soil soak up the good stuff from now on. Do you do anything with the excess that is left in the tub Doc?

I have read all the way through the "In the lab" thread and quite a bit from the QA thread. I just thought I was missing something. I thought you meant "dry -> dunk -> then soak -> dry" were all different steps. I realize now you just meant drunk and soak being the same step.

I will start dunking them to let the soil soak up the good stuff from now on. Do you do anything with the excess that is left in the tub Doc?

If it's GE, I'll keep it in the bucket and top them off the next day. If Transplant I usually try to give it to plants in bloom that day, even if I just dilute it with water and give them a gallon or even half a gallon. I try not to waste it.

AK48 Day 24 - Wonder Woman Day 17
Hello 420 family, update time.

The girls are looking great and have recovered nicely. I drenched them with transplant according to Doc's instructions 2 days ago and let them get nice and soaked. They are a little bloated right now because of that, but they will reach for the stars again shortly. I gave them a spray of De-stress right after I took these photos.

I don't have a lot of time today, so that is it for today. Stay green 420!

AK48 - Day 24
29-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 17
22-WW.png

Group Shot
group-29-22.png

Would you look at that! Your plants turned around and they look happy now. Great job! Are you loving high brix as much as I am?
:cheer:
Thanks Tranquil. Yeah, I am loving the High Brix grow a lot. I am disappointing my girls though. Put in quite a few hours in last week and didn't give them the time that I should have. Luckily things will start slowing down for me soon.

Good Stuff! :thumb:
Thanks QKrop. Glad to have you here.

AK48 Day 34- Wonder Woman Day 27
Hello 420 family, update time.

So the girls have been doing pretty well, especially Wonder Woman. She has come into her own and is looking amazing. She looks like she is going to stay tight and short like the short rider I grew.

I have discovered that AK48 seems to be a hungry girl. She grows so fast that she is not keeping up with the time I have to put into her, at least this week. This last week I worked about 55 hours and also started my fall semester, so time was pretty limited this week unfortunately. I have started low stress training AK48 though, so that will be fun. I am going to top her top nodes again after the turn up and the nodes below that, for a total of 8 tops. I think I will stop there and start pruning off some of the lower foliage soon.

I did go ahead and transplant the girls in 5 liter pots and they will be there till I am satisfied with their shape and root structure. I did this now as I knew I would have the time and don't know what the future weeks will bring.

I will get AK48 back on track once again and she will shine. Hopefully, I don't have to endure another week like this last one for a while.

I hope all of you are doing well and I will talk to you all soon.

AK48 - Day 34
34-AK48-1.png

34-AK48-2.png

Wonder Woman - Day 27
27-WW.png

Group Shot
group-34-27.png

New 5 Liter homes and some Low Stress Training
group-34-27-2.png

Oh, very pretty! The picture of the rootball reminds me of a pineapple shape and look. hehe

Oh, very pretty! The picture of the rootball reminds me of a pineapple shape and look. hehe

Thanks Sorenna :) . I don't think the picture does the root ball justice. There are so many tiny roots everywhere! Those air pots seem to be doing there job.

AK48 Day 36 - Wonder Woman Day 29
Hello 420 family.

Well AK48 still isn't quite where I want her yet as far as color. I gave her a nice spray of De-stress today, she just wants to grow so fast. Wonder Woman's color is looking amazing and she is growing just fine now. At this point I am not sure if I am going to do any training on her due to her short stature. Reminds me of growing Short Rider and she turned out great.

I will be topping the two main shoots of AK48, probably later today. Then in 3 or so days I will probably top the secondary shoots. My goal is a total of 8 tops that are equals in height. I will probably get some clones off her as well when I trim before flowering.

Well, here are some pics of the girls. Enjoy!

AK48 - Day 36
36-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 29
29-WW.png

Group shot
group-36-29.png

AK48 Day 36 - Wonder Woman Day 29
Hello 420 family.

Well AK48 still isn't quite where I want her yet as far as color. I gave her a nice spray of De-stress today, she just wants to grow so fast. Wonder Woman's color is looking amazing and she is growing just fine now. At this point I am not sure if I am going to do any training on her due to her short stature. Reminds me of growing Short Rider and she turned out great.

I will be topping the two main shoots of AK48, probably later today. Then in 3 or so days I will probably top the secondary shoots. My goal is a total of 8 tops that are equals in height. I will probably get some clones off her as well when I trim before flowering.

Well, here are some pics of the girls. Enjoy!

AK48 - Day 36
36-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 29
29-WW.png

Group shot
group-36-29.png

You Transplanted 'em pretty early there, IMO so I advise wet/dry in the new containers for a while. Don't water again until you barely get wilting, then soak them deeply and thoroughly with Transplant drench and Tea. Then let them dry out again----3 times at least before you bloom.

The roots demonstrate over watering a bit. Nothing I haven't done myself, and nothing that can't be fixed, as long as you take the steps outlined above.

You'll be really happy in about 3 weeks if you follow that bro. Surprised and happy.

You Transplanted 'em pretty early there, IMO so I advise wet/dry in the new containers for a while. Don't water again until you barely get wilting, then soak them deeply and thoroughly with Transplant drench and Tea. Then let them dry out again----3 times at least before you bloom.

The roots demonstrate over watering a bit. Nothing I haven't done myself, and nothing that can't be fixed, as long as you take the steps outlined above.

You'll be really happy in about 3 weeks if you follow that bro. Surprised and happy.

Yeah, I knew it was a bit early especially after seeing the roots. I wasn't sure when I would have the time to transplant them, so I wanted to go ahead and get that done. I was also having problems with the one liter air pots drying out very rapidly and then the plants going downhill after that. I figure in the 5 liter pots, I can got to a more normal watering schedule. I will just spray the foliar sprays till they start to wilt as you have suggested.

I really appreciate the input Doc and hopefully I can make you and myself proud by the end of this.

Back
Top Bottom