Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

I'm not running Platinums, but most footprints are similar, and yeah, I'd be a bit concerned about 8 inches. I'm running 1000 watts in a 4x4 and I like to keep 'em at least a foot away.

I've developed the habit of running a ton of light over my vegging plants, starting with a CFL rig that ran 135 watts per plant. So I always get very tight nodes, sometimes 2 per inch. That helps keep them short while they're maturing.

If I flip plants with 8-12 tops at 12-14 inches tall, they almost always finish around 25 inches. And I run sativas and sativa doms. A nice thick plant flipped at 12 inches should be safe.

:thumb:

[Edit] And I once harvested 3+ ounces from a 20 inch plant. :slide:

Great information, Graytail! + Reps

I'm not running Platinums, but most footprints are similar, and yeah, I'd be a bit concerned about 8 inches. I'm running 1000 watts in a 4x4 and I like to keep 'em at least a foot away.

I've developed the habit of running a ton of light over my vegging plants, starting with a CFL rig that ran 135 watts per plant. So I always get very tight nodes, sometimes 2 per inch. That helps keep them short while they're maturing.

If I flip plants with 8-12 tops at 12-14 inches tall, they almost always finish around 25 inches. And I run sativas and sativa doms. A nice thick plant flipped at 12 inches should be safe.

:thumb:

[Edit] And I once harvested 3+ ounces from a 20 inch plant. :slide:

Thanks again Graytail, this will be very beneficial. If they get 25 inches, that will give me about 13" above the plant tops which wouldn't be too bad.

I measured my spacing today and I'm running 20 inches from the Mars-Hydro 100x3s in the corners, and 24 inches from the Advance LED XML350 in the middle. But that's close to 60W per sqft, with 1000+ umols in the center @ 24 inches. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I measured my spacing today and I'm running 20 inches from the Mars-Hydro 100x3s in the corners, and 24 inches from the Advance LED XML350 in the middle. But that's close to 60W per sqft, with 1000+ umols in the center @ 24 inches. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ROFL, that is a lot of light brother. According to the specs on my P450 at 24" I have 943 umols, 18" -> 1385, 12" -> 2200, and 6" -> 3000+. I do also have a GalaxyHydro that is 100x3s. It is not on right now, but in the later life I will fire it up.

I am currently trying to get caught up on you latest grow. I noticed around page 20ish or so you were saying that keeping the red off would make them stretch. Should I go ahead and flip the flower button on my P450 to add red so they stretch less?

More red causes more stretch. :cheesygrinsmiley: I was suggesting that he turn down the red to discourage stretch on his Desfrans.

shadowmoses, i grow from seed with both switches on my P450s, P600 and Toplight.
Thanks Ziggy. I am thought about doing that as well. I know it wouldn't hurt anything.

More red causes more stretch. :cheesygrinsmiley: I was suggesting that he turn down the red to discourage stretch on his Desfrans.
Thanks for clearing that up Graytail. I think I will leave the flower button off for now to avoid any excess stretch.

AK48 Day 54 - Wonder Woman Day 47
Hello 420 family, update time.

Well here we go again with AK48. She is not looking perfect and that bothers me. I gave her a healthy dose of GE 8 mL, 4 mL of Transplant, and 2 mL of Tea. Still nothing. Not responding like she did last time. I have also been spraying her with the normal Brix and 2 De-stresses a week. Is she that heavy of an eater? Is she already root bound? I don't know, please tell me your thoughts. Her bottom nodes look healthy and green, I am not sure why the tops don't look stellar.

Now for a little cheerier news. Wonder Woman looks, well wondrous :) . She is so green and is already starting to smell quite a bit. She has some nice, long, beautiful pistols and always looks so happy.

I did take clones of both girls last night, so hopefully they make it through the cloning process. I took 4 of AK48 and 2 of Wonder Woman. This also allowed me to clean up underneath both plants a bit, so they are now have a nice trim up.

Well if anyone has any ideas on AK48, I am listening lol. Here are some pics of the girls and the clones.

AK48 - Day 54
54-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 47
47-WW.png

Group Shots
group-54-47.png

group-54-47-2.png

Clones
2-clones.png

They certainly look better after the drench. Is that plant truly that yellow, or is it the light? Seems not to be right to me, but I dont know anything about High Brix. Seems that the weekend up-canning is a good idea.

Besides the color of the one plant, they both look pretty good to me. I like the branching in the big one. Will the other one branch out too, or will it just grow straight up?

Whats up Shadow? Im subbing for the rest of the ride. Im interested to see how the AK-48 turns out for you. I didn't have much luck with mine but had issues with root development. Still have a few more seeds and will try again down the road sometime. Good luck :Rasta:

They certainly look better after the drench. Is that plant truly that yellow, or is it the light? Seems not to be right to me, but I dont know anything about High Brix. Seems that the weekend up-canning is a good idea.

Besides the color of the one plant, they both look pretty good to me. I like the branching in the big one. Will the other one branch out too, or will it just grow straight up?
Oh that was before the drench Sorrena. Yes, the plant is truly that yellow unfortunately. I have followed Doc's instructions, I am just not sure why AK48 seems to be so stubborn. Hopefully the transplant in a few days will help her out.

I don't think I am going to do any training on Wonder Woman. I will on the clones if they make it :) .

Whats up Shadow? Im subbing for the rest of the ride. Im interested to see how the AK-48 turns out for you. I didn't have much luck with mine but had issues with root development. Still have a few more seeds and will try again down the road sometime. Good luck :Rasta:
Hi Snoop, glad to have you following along. Hopefully, I can get that AK48 on track. She has been quite the challenge. I too have some more seeds and hopefully the clones will pull through. Thanks :) .:welcome:

Hmmm......the one plant looks just fine and the other looks....yellow.

I don't know what went wrong on that AK48, but here's what I suggest to fix it:

1. Prune it! Remove all but the top 4 nodes on each branch, starting from the bottom and working your way up.
2. Rescue drench.....at the bottom of the directions

I take it you're dunking them? I sure hope so, those pots with all the holes in them are tough to water right.

I don't have data to back this up....it's just a feeling....but it seems that those plastic rootmaker pots have more problems than regular ones. Might not be true, it just seems that way at times.

Hmmm......the one plant looks just fine and the other looks....yellow.

I don't know what went wrong on that AK48, but here's what I suggest to fix it:

1. Prune it! Remove all but the top 4 nodes on each branch, starting from the bottom and working your way up.
2. Rescue drench.....at the bottom of the directions

I take it you're dunking them? I sure hope so, those pots with all the holes in them are tough to water right.

I don't have data to back this up....it's just a feeling....but it seems that those plastic rootmaker pots have more problems than regular ones. Might not be true, it just seems that way at times.

Yeah, I hear you there Doc. I don't have a clue either. The Wonder Woman is doing so good. Do you think that the AK is just a heavy eater? Should I try some of the super drenches as well?

1. I will prune her today.
2. I just did a transplant drench yesterday, should I wait till next week or so when she is dry?

I have indeed been dunking them. How long do you typically dunk them? Do you wait till there is moisture on top?

I have had problems this whole grow with AK. When she was in the smaller ones she also started turning yellow and that is when I decided to transplant. Should I go ahead and transplant her into the 5 gallon fabric pots this weekend?

Thanks for all the help Doc!

Yeah, I hear you there Doc. I don't have a clue either. The Wonder Woman is doing so good. Do you think that the AK is just a heavy eater? Should I try some of the super drenches as well?

1. I will prune her today.
2. I just did a transplant drench yesterday, should I wait till next week or so when she is dry?

I have indeed been dunking them. How long do you typically dunk them? Do you wait till there is moisture on top?

I have had problems this whole grow with AK. When she was in the smaller ones she also started turning yellow and that is when I decided to transplant. Should I go ahead and transplant her into the 5 gallon fabric pots this weekend?

Thanks for all the help Doc!

I like to dunk until I see moisture on top. You can speed up the process by pouring something down the top while their in the dunking tub. When there's no more bubbles....medium is saturated.

Sometimes the plants are just weak out of the gate. I usually cull the ones like that.

I like to dunk until I see moisture on top. You can speed up the process by pouring something down the top while their in the dunking tub. When there's no more bubbles....medium is saturated.

Sometimes the plants are just weak out of the gate. I usually cull the ones like that.

Awesome, I have been dunking them right. I have been doing that exact same thing to speed up the process.

Should I go ahead and transplant her this weekend? I really don't want to give up on her as I am 2 months in. It would be easy to cull her if I had a lot of plants going.

I noticed that there is purple up the stems at the tops. Well here is a picture after the pruning.

59-AK48.png

Should I go ahead and transplant her this weekend? I really don't want to give up on her as I am 2 months in. It would be easy to cull her if I had a lot of plants going.

I'd transplant her yesterday. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Take a good look at the roots when you do.

Awesome, I have been dunking them right. I have been doing that exact same thing to speed up the process.

I noticed that there is purple up the stems at the tops. Well here is a picture after the pruning.

59-AK48.png

I'd transplant her yesterday. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Take a good look at the roots when you do.

I'm just gonna guess that the roots don't look too good....brown and so forth.

If it's going to recover, it's gonna do it in the next week if you transplant tomorrow. If it's still yellow and bitchy in a week I'd cull it.

Back
Top Bottom