Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

I'm just gonna guess that the roots don't look too good....brown and so forth.

If it's going to recover, it's gonna do it in the next week if you transplant tomorrow. If it's still yellow and bitchy in a week I'd cull it.

Roger dodger, I will transplant it tonight or tomorrow morning. I will make sure and inspect the roots and post pictures as well for reference. If she isn't live and kicking by next week I will cull her.

Thanks Doc and Major for the input!

Getting ready to transplant AK48. Just wanted to show you she is always perky, but it is not easy being green ROFL.

60-AK48.png

Is it possible she has a magnesium deficiency from the LEDs? Im curious if this phenomenon happens in High Brix as it does with other soils.

I transplanted both the girls into their 5 gallon pots and this is where they will be until their demise. I decided to go ahead and transplant Wonder Woman as well, I also gave her a little haircut. As promised, here are some pics of the root balls.

AK48 Root Ball
60-AK48-Roots1.png

60-AK48-Roots3.png

60-AK48-Roots2.png

Wonder Woman Root Ball
53-WW-Roots1.png

53-WW-Roots2.png

Group Shot
group-60-53.png

I think the AK just ran out of gas, Shadow. It was only 10? days ago that I said it wouldn't go 2 weeks in that small pot ... I've made the same mistake a few times, heheh.

I think that rootball looks fine. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don't do anything to it for a week at least - it has a good chance of looking pretty darned good by then. I've had some really ugly plants in 1.5 gal pots that totally recovered after they went into the 6 gals.

:thumb:

Im very interested to watch these plants transform into healthyness. Despite the color, I think the AK48 is a gorgeous, well shaped plant. Wonder Woman is pretty full and her color is lovely. She is going to be the belle of your grow room. :blushsmile:

I think the AK just ran out of gas, Shadow. It was only 10? days ago that I said it wouldn't go 2 weeks in that small pot ... I've made the same mistake a few times, heheh.

I think that rootball looks fine. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don't do anything to it for a week at least - it has a good chance of looking pretty darned good by then. I've had some really ugly plants in 1.5 gal pots that totally recovered after they went into the 6 gals.

:thumb:
That is what I am thinking too especially after you mentioned that before. I was kind of suspecting that might be the case. I think the roots just grow so dense in the soil in the air pots that they do run out of steam. The roots look pretty good to me as well and I think it will be okay. I think I will let her recover for a week and then I am going to send these girls into the bloom bloom room haha. Don't want to loose steam at the end of the flowering cycle.

That being the case, I think I should be right about on time for Wonder Woman anyway so it should work out nicely. I also threw 2 suckers into a cup of water from Wonder Woman and I am just going to let them sit there for a while and see what happens. :)

I really appreciate all the help Graytail, it means a lot.

Im very interested to watch these plants transform into healthyness. Despite the color, I think the AK48 is a gorgeous, well shaped plant. Wonder Woman is pretty full and her color is lovely. She is going to be the belle of your grow room. :blushsmile:
Thanks Sorenna, I can't wait to see her recover and really hope she does. I love the shape of her as well. Makes me think I should have topped and trained Wonder Woman as well. There is still the clones for next time though.

Agreed. I bet it starts turning around almost immediately. It looks good - just starved. Now stand back and let 'er rip. :thumb:

Late for the show Shadow but I would like to be a fly on the wall if you don't mind. Such beautiful things happening in here.

:bravo::nicethread:
Your not too late Pigeons, things should just now start get interesting :) . Thanks for the compliment as well. I have been following your journals for quite some time. Since the Hog and the Hog reveg and now your perpetual. I haven't posted though haha. I will start. Time has been lost to me lately.

Sorenna, HB growers experience Mg deficiencies. :) possibly strain related. LEDs contribute to Mg deficiencies? Thats interesting.. :)
That is the word on the street anyway Ziggy. I have heard that numerous times. My first grow with autos, I always gave them Cal-Mag with every feeding to nip that in the bud :) . Based on what I have researched before growing my first crop with LEDs, a lot of people claimed that they would get Calcium/Magnesium deficiencies running LEDs. I know Doc has been getting some lately and that could be the cause I suppose. He has been doing some top dressing with Epsom Salt.

I don't however think that mine are Mag deficient though, they were just sucking everything out of the soil do to the roots being so dense.

AK48 Day 65 - Wonder Woman Day 58
Hello 420 family, update time.

AK48 seems to be recovering from being root bound. The centers seem to be greening up as well new growth, so that is a relief. Some of Wonder Woman middle/bottom leaves look a little weird at the moment. Probably was just starting to become root bound in those air pots as well. Her top looks amazing though.

I just got through spraying Brix and drenching with GE + Transplant + Tea. Can wait to see how they react to that. I don't think I got enough water on them when I transplanted (doh), so they should be looking amazing in a few days.

I plan on sending the girls into flower either on Friday or Sunday, depends how they look. Can't wait for some flowers to start blooming :) .

Also, all my clones except for 2 AK's have roots everywhere in their bubble dome. I really need to get them in some pots soon. I will try and upload some pictures later (time permitting). I am super stoked about the clones though. I will have a chance to shape Wonder Woman the way I probably should have this round.

Until next time 420, stay green!

AK48 - Day 65
65-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 58
58-WW.png

Group Shot
group-65-58.png

Wow Shadow!! That AK48 is plant of the month worthy!! Absolutely stunning. I can't get over her perfection :adore:

Thanks for your kind words. Please know you're always welcome in my garden. :love:

Wow Shadow!! That AK48 is plant of the month worthy!! Absolutely stunning. I can't get over her perfection :adore:

Thanks for your kind words. Please know you're always welcome in my garden. :love:

Thanks Pigeons! Hopefully, one day she will be POM material haha. You are too kind. If I can just get her to recover from all that yellowing, she will be an amazing sight to see. I am really excited to send these girls into flowering. This is my first photo grow and I am hoping I can top what I did with my first grow with autos.

I am also going to post some pics of some buds from my last grow soon. They have been curing for 3 or so months. Well, the top colas anyway. I am hoping they are good enough for Nug of the Month next time.

Wow hats off to you for your confidence! She's a beautiful plant and she would have my vote for POTM. And I keep my hat off to you for your 3 months cure! It's a great feeling. And it sounds like we have a similar cure process. Jar it all and smoke the bottom buds first and leave the best for last!

It's a pleasure, Shadow.

Wow hats off to you for your confidence! She's a beautiful plant and she would have my vote for POTM. And I keep my hat off to you for your 3 months cure! It's a great feeling. And it sounds like we have a similar cure process. Jar it all and smoke the bottom buds first and leave the best for last!

It's a pleasure, Shadow.

Well, I may just have to submit her next month and just go for it :) . We definitely do have a similar cure process. I have been starring at those beautiful nugs in that jar for a while now. I still have quite a bit of bottom buds left though lol. I may have to cheat and smoke one soon though, otherwise it might be another 2 months or so. It does feel good though. :)

Clones Day 13

So most the clones have been rooted for 7 or so days. Only 2 of them have not spit out roots as of yet. I originally took 4 AK48 clones and 2 Wonder Woman clones. 2 of the AK's haven't rooted, but I only really wanted one of each to root. Now I am not sure what I am going to do with the others. I am almost tempted to throw the other Wonder Woman in a pot as well since she has stayed pretty small.

I went ahead and potted one Wonder Woman and one AK48 tonight in the 1 Gallon air-pots. I will start with the gallon pots this time, that way I don't have to worry about transplanting them for at least 50 days or so. Hopefully, my flower girls will be done by then.

Well here are some pictures of all the clones and the ones that I potted today. I will post some pics of them in their pots in a week or so.

All the clones - AK48 4 on top - WW 2 on bottome
13-Clones.png

Wonder Woman Clone
13-WW-Clone.png

AK48 Clone
13-AK48-Clone.png

Wow! You do clones too!!

Wonder Woman is a plant? Thought you were referring to yourself. :rofl:

I'm going to learn a thing or two string around here. Thank you, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom