Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

AK48 Day 39 - Wonder Woman Day 32
Hello 420 family, time for another update.

The girls are really doing well. AK48's color is almost where I want her. Wonder Woman is looking absolutely gorgeous! She is almost has that plastic plant syndrome that I have heard on here from other High Brix growers :) . She just really looks cute haha.

Back to AK48, I topped the remaining two side shoots today, so in a week or so I expect to see eight tops emerging. Once tops start to settle, I will probably do some pruning of everything below that. I will be taking 4 clones from her at this time too.

I gave the girls a spray of de-stress today and have yet to water the girls since the transplant as Doc recommended. They haven't started wilting yet, so I will let them go till they do.

Also Doc, I had a question. I was originally planning on transplanting to 5 gallon smart-pots right before flowering, what are your thoughts on this? I was planning on keeping them in veg for a month or so and then transplanting. Should I just leave them in their current pots considering the side of my tent? Thanks.

Hope you all enjoy the update, now for some pictures :) .

AK48 - Day 39
39-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 32
32-WW.png

Group shot
group-39-32.png

What a beautiful group shot shadowmoses. It's going to be fun watching that AK48 explode in growth. The size of it already! Lovely.

I'd up pot them as soon as they are rootbound in their existing pots, and not wait until bloom. If the tent is small, veg for less time, but let them have the extra soil.

What Major said ^^ short veg.

I'd put it in a ten gallon, and watch her really explode! Bigger the pot the better, up to a certain extent. Great job Shadowmoses!! I pray you sail smoothly into your premium harvest.:cheer:

What a beautiful group shot shadowmoses. It's going to be fun watching that AK48 explode in growth. The size of it already! Lovely.
Thanks Sue, I can't wait to see her explode! She already grows crazy fast so I will have to keep up the training so she doesn't get out of controls though. :)

I'd up pot them as soon as they are rootbound in their existing pots, and not wait until bloom. If the tent is small, veg for less time, but let them have the extra soil.
What Major said ^^ short veg.

I'd put it in a ten gallon, and watch her really explode! Bigger the pot the better, up to a certain extent. Great job Shadowmoses!! I pray you sail smoothly into your premium harvest.:cheer:

Sounds like a plan, thanks :) .

AK48 Day 39 - Wonder Woman Day 32
Hello 420 family, time for another update.

The girls are really doing well. AK48's color is almost where I want her. Wonder Woman is looking absolutely gorgeous! She is almost has that plastic plant syndrome that I have heard on here from other High Brix growers :) . She just really looks cute haha.

Back to AK48, I topped the remaining two side shoots today, so in a week or so I expect to see eight tops emerging. Once tops start to settle, I will probably do some pruning of everything below that. I will be taking 4 clones from her at this time too.

I gave the girls a spray of de-stress today and have yet to water the girls since the transplant as Doc recommended. They haven't started wilting yet, so I will let them go till they do.

Also Doc, I had a question. I was originally planning on transplanting to 5 gallon smart-pots right before flowering, what are your thoughts on this? I was planning on keeping them in veg for a month or so and then transplanting. Should I just leave them in their current pots considering the side of my tent? Thanks.

Hope you all enjoy the update, now for some pictures :) .

AK48 - Day 39
39-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 32
32-WW.png

Group shot
group-39-32.png

Those plants can grow for a while in those pots. No problem.

The one with the yellowing leaves....make sure it gets a deep soak of Growth Energy when it's time to water.

AK48 Day 45 - Wonder Woman Day 38
Hello 420 family, update time.

The girls finally dried out and started to wilting yesterday. That was a whole 10 days since they got transplanted or got water of any kind. I gave them a good drench soak consisting of 1/4 oz of GE, 1/8 oz of Transplant, and 2 mL of Tea. It was also Brix spray day also, so they got that as well.

The girls are almost recovered from their drench I gave them yesterday and are looking fabulous. AK48 is now showing many pre-flowers (woot, woot). She is also starting to spread her wings on the 2nd topping on the main shoots. The secondary top I did on the lower branches are starting to grow as well. Lots of roots are out the bottom of the air-pot too.

Wonder woman is still looking strong, green, and short. I really like her look. Not much else going on with her at the moment. I didn't check underneath her pot to see the roots, but I imagine she is behind AK48.

I was thinking about doing a pruning on AK48 soon and clean up the lower area. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, happy growing everyone. I will talk to you all soon.

AK48 - Day 45
45-AK48-1.png

Pre-flowers!
45-AK48-2.png

Wonder Woman - Day 38
38-WW.png

Group shot
group-45-38.png

You nailed that watering beautifully. :bravo:

Look at the posture on the upper growth! - leaves lifting up, and nice and plump ... very nice. :love:

I always remove those lower yellowed leaves. They aren't doing the plant any good at this stage in its life, they attract pests with their color and condition, and I get a better sense of whether other leaves are yellowing if they aren't there to distract my eye.

Nice lookin' girls! :thumb:

You nailed that watering beautifully. :bravo:

Look at the posture on the upper growth! - leaves lifting up, and nice and plump ... very nice. :love:

I always remove those lower yellowed leaves. They aren't doing the plant any good at this stage in its life, they attract pests with their color and condition, and I get a better sense of whether other leaves are yellowing if they aren't there to distract my eye.

Nice lookin' girls! :thumb:

Thanks Graytail :) . Think I am finally getting the hang of DBHB growing. It has definitely helped putting them in bigger pots as there is less maintenance and worry about them drying out.

I think next time I will start them in the 5 Liter pots. :)

They look really nice now:thumb: I got those 1 L Air-Pots too and they sure dry out fast.
Are you goin to grow the clones in another setup? Or maybe give a lady some nice flowers;)

They look really nice now:thumb: I got those 1 L Air-Pots too and they sure dry out fast.
Are you goin to grow the clones in another setup? Or maybe give a lady some nice flowers;)

Yeah they do. If you are not right on top of them in those pots, they start wilting way too fast.

I am not sure what I am going to do with the clones as of yet. I thought about buying a secret jardin dp 90 as it would fit perfectly in a spot I have in my closet. It is 2' x 3' x 3' and would work perfect for clones or small veg. I also have an LED panel that I could hang high as it could go in there for the clones, so I think I might do that.

Hahaha, I just might have to try giving that special someone a flower :) . Our kind of flower!

Feels good when it starts to click in the brain, doesn't it? They look gorgeous shadowmoses. You're doing a bang-up job with them. :high-five:

AK48 Day 45 - Wonder Woman Day 38
Hello 420 family, update time.

The girls finally dried out and started to wilting yesterday. That was a whole 10 days since they got transplanted or got water of any kind. I gave them a good drench soak consisting of 1/4 oz of GE, 1/8 oz of Transplant, and 2 mL of Tea. It was also Brix spray day also, so they got that as well.

The girls are almost recovered from their drench I gave them yesterday and are looking fabulous. AK48 is now showing many pre-flowers (woot, woot). She is also starting to spread her wings on the 2nd topping on the main shoots. The secondary top I did on the lower branches are starting to grow as well. Lots of roots are out the bottom of the air-pot too.

Wonder woman is still looking strong, green, and short. I really like her look. Not much else going on with her at the moment. I didn't check underneath her pot to see the roots, but I imagine she is behind AK48.

I was thinking about doing a pruning on AK48 soon and clean up the lower area. What are your thoughts on this?

The difference in your plants in a week is remarkable. Color me impressed. :blushsmile: They are looking so much nicer. Gorgeous plants. You can tell that they like you.

Feels good when it starts to click in the brain, doesn't it? They look gorgeous shadowmoses. You're doing a bang-up job with them. :high-five:
Yeah it does Sue :) . And thank you so much! Going to have to start training those next tops soon. Already starting to get pretty tall.

The difference in your plants in a week is remarkable. Color me impressed. :blushsmile: They are looking so much nicer. Gorgeous plants. You can tell that they like you.
Aww, thanks Sorenna. I hope they like me, I do so much for them haha. :love:

AK48 Day 49 - Wonder Woman Day 42
Hello 420 family, time for an update.

Well, AK48 just got her next round of training and is looking fabulous. Wonder Woman has had a pretty significant surge of growth as well. I just spray both the girls with De-stress right after I took these pictures. Wonder Woman has also put on some really long pistols woot woot! :)

They will both be getting sprayed with Brix on Wednesday and will not be getting drenched till they are close to wilting again.

I did have a few questions about the transition to flower. Do you all normally transplant into the final pot and flip the light schedule right after that or transplant and let them go for a while then flip? Or there is the thought of just leaving them in the pots they are in (5 Liter air-pots). I do have some 5 gallon Geo Pots (fabric) that I was originally planning on flowering them with.

I hope all of you are doing well and I will talk to you all soon. Enjoy some pictures.

AK48 - Day 49
49-AK48.png

Wonder Woman - Day 42
42-WW.png

Group Shot
group-49-42.png

Looking great!
Personally, the bigger the pot, the better. I'd up-can, let them veg at least two weeks, then flip 'em.
That all assumes you have enough room. They will love you for it.

Looking great!
Personally, the bigger the pot, the better. I'd up-can, let them veg at least two weeks, then flip 'em.
That all assumes you have enough room. They will love you for it.

I completely agree with you there Major. My only concern is space. I plan on letting them dry out real good 2 more times so probably between 2 or 3 weeks in those pots per Doc's recommendation. Then I was trying to decide if the tent can handle bigger pots because the plants will get much bigger.

The tent is 36" x 20" x 62". So narrow and not as tall as I would like it. Do you think if I went 3 weeks in the current pots, transplanted to 5 gallon GeoPots, vegged another 2 weeks, and then went into flower would put me over my tents limits?

I completely agree with you there Major. My only concern is space. I plan on letting them dry out real good 2 more times so probably between 2 or 3 weeks in those pots per Doc's recommendation. Then I was trying to decide if the tent can handle bigger pots because the plants will get much bigger.

The tent is 36" x 20" x 62". So narrow and not as tall as I would like it. Do you think if I went 3 weeks in the current pots, transplanted to 5 gallon GeoPots, vegged another 2 weeks, and then went into flower would put me over my tents limits?

Damn! Yeah probably they would get too big.
If time isn't critical, your could follow through on the plan but (if you have to) top or LST them to slow them down. You'd be building some great roots in the mean time, so when you flipped them, they'd go crazy. Dunno - just an idea.

You might get Wonder Woman to go another three weeks in that size pot, but AK48 is gonna run outta gas within 2 weeks.

Mine typically go 3-4 weeks total in their 1.5 gallon pots before I have to upcan them into the final 6 gallon pots. From there, they get another 3-4 weeks before flipping them, and I finish with 25-30 inch plants.

:thumb:

Damn! Yeah probably they would get too big.
If time isn't critical, your could follow through on the plan but (if you have to) top or LST them to slow them down. You'd be building some great roots in the mean time, so when you flipped them, they'd go crazy. Dunno - just an idea.
Yeah, I am already LSTing AK48. I am not sure I will need to do any training on WW, we will see. Thanks Major.

You might get Wonder Woman to go another three weeks in that size pot, but AK48 is gonna run outta gas within 2 weeks.

Mine typically go 3-4 weeks total in their 1.5 gallon pots before I have to upcan them into the final 6 gallon pots. From there, they get another 3-4 weeks before flipping them, and I finish with 25-30 inch plants.

:thumb:
Thanks Graytail, this is extremely valuable information for me. Worst case scenario at 30" with the size of the pots I will only have 8" between the tops of the plants and the lights. That is accounting for hangers and all. Probably a little too close I would think. How close have you got them to your platinums Graytail?

Back
Top Bottom